Synygy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.3

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Synygy in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screening, which consisted of questions about current employment and what you look for in a work place and why you were interested in the company. Seemed to be a basic HR screening process and to see how well you could articulate your thoughts. The second part was a two-part online assessment testing analytic skills and general knowledge. The general knowledge test was relatively easy: 50 SAT style questions in 25 minutes. The analytic test was more difficult; it required you to analyze data and come up with solutions. The content was not that hard, but to do the 10 questions in 1 hr made it tough.

Interview Questions

• If you had to add a location column to an SQL database master list, how would you go about doing so?   1 Answer

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty extensive and started with the usual phone screen. I was given 2 tests from there one was general knowledge and was very SAT like and the second was tougher and focused on data analysis, be careful both are timed. I was called back and they set up the in person interview at their Chester, Pa location ( Nice building, CEO is an architecture enthusiast ) I was also given a one more writing test to bring with me or submit prior to to the interview. The actual interview featured a mix of standard questions and several brain teasers. While I don't know if they have a common pool or just pull them from a random website, the brain teasers seem pretty important to the process despite their general irrelevancy to how you will preform on the job. My advice would be get familiar with some of the common brain teasers that might be mentioned in these reviews, you want to be able to walk through the process of doing them without getting too many if any hints from interviewers.

Interview Questions

• If you have 9 balls and one weighs slightly less than the others, with a balance scale what's the minimal amount of measurements it would take to find the lighter ball?   1 Answer
    • If you have 3 vending machines, 1 dispenses oranges, 1 dispenses apples, and 1 can dispense either apples or oranges but they are all labeled incorrectly, what's the minimal amount of coins to tell which is which   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synygy.

Interview

Phone interview was pleasant and predictable (confirming career experience, etc.). Was very shocked by the logic/math/general knowledge assessment. They only allowed 25 minutes to complete. I have been out of the college atmosphere since 1998, could not remember some of the math logic. I probably scored poorly - did not get invited to the next round. Still concerned that if that is a major factor in their assessment for sales and business development, they are missing out on a wealth of talented sales and bus dev professionals.

Interview Questions

• it was an algebraic word problem (how will this type of skill lead to success in sales or business development?) Definitely needed for engineering but for sales, no!   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synygy in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting and got a call about salary expectations, whether I would need to relocate, etc. I was then sent 2 tests to complete--one general knowledge (similar to SAT questions) and another more technical. I then got a call from HR to set up an interview. They asked that I complete a writing assessment and bring it with me. It consisted of two fairly basic questions, but the guidelines asked for responses that were longer than necessary. Finally I interviewed with HR, a manager, and a director. After the interview HR came back to tell me that it went very well and that I should expect to hear soon. She called later to let me know that she was putting in an offer proposal.

Interview Questions

• Several brain teasers. The answer is not so important as the thought process.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It is good, competitive, multilevel, pretty tough to crack. They mainly ask you puzzles and examine your problem solving capacity. They see your analyzing power.

Interview Questions

• The problem of finding lightest/heavy ball from a group of balls.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synygy (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First: telephonic interview second: aptitiude third onsite interview

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Recruiter overstated income potential by at least $100k.

Interview Questions

• All typical questions you would expect about job history, skills, etc.   Answer Question

Interview

*Application Process* - The application online is streamlined and doesn't require a great deal of time to fill out. Considering so many employers add so much fluff to their online application process that ease of use and short process was definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

• On their online application, they have a *required* question asking if you're a smoker.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got HR screen, skill test and phone interview before coming on-site for a final round. Final round consists of three rounds, first with HR manager, second and third with one-to-one director. Overall it was a very pleasant and casual process, mostly resume-based behavior questions. And the last two also have two puzzle, but not very difficult. You are also welcome to ask question, being interactive and getting hints from them. As long as your logic is clear, the answer is straightforward. But do say loud on your thoughts, to show your logic and analysis.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Had 3 level of interviews. First, written aptitude test. second, face to face (HR, quizes, interview with the hiring manager). Third, writing sample. The hiring process was difficult specifically the online test and the quiz test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, they offered and asked to accept or reject.