Syracuse University

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview Details – The interview was schedule by emails. The hiring professor and his students were in the interview meeting. We discussed the job tasks and responsibilities in research direction, shared the ideas and management style, and visited the working and lab environment.

Interview Question – How do you balance the heavy research load and family life?   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee
Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend and interviewed briefly with the hiring manager. The manager and I chatted briefly in his office about what the job would entail and if I had any previous experience. I hadn't worked in food services before, but was a good communicator and had worked in a highly customer-interactive environment before.

Interview Question – Have you worked in Food Services before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay rate is non-negotiable and is determined by the university. However, there is a 10 cent increase each semester.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview Details – it was a very easy process as the proff recommended me based on my resume.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview Details – Typical graduate application process, followed by a one-day interview with faculty members of my department. Visits with potential advisor, similar faculty members, dean, and current graduate students.

Interview Question – None, really. Typical for graduate process.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee

I applied online and interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview Details – Standard Phone Interview

Interview Question – Nothing Diffucult   Answer Question

Ernie Davis Dining Hall/Employer Interview

Ernie Davis Dining Hall/Employer
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on line and go to the office to finish a form, after 4+ weeks, you will get a interview. They will ask you information on your resume and former working experience and available working schedule.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, pretty normal and daily ones.   Answer Question

Lab Associate Interview

Lab Associate
Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Syracuse University in January 2014.

Interview Details – regular, smooth and good communication

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Resident Advisor
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview Details – To become a Resident Advisor at Syracuse University, there is one interview session, and several long training sessions over the course of several months that are usually 1 or 2 hours long. It is important not to babble on and on, but to keep answers concise and limited- the interviewer has many applicants he/she needs to interview.

Interview Question – Stereotypical interview questions, what is your strength, what are your weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Syracuse, NY

I interviewed at Syracuse University in February 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my application to the Chemistry Ph.D. program online (see dept. website), and was accepted by email also. No interview was necessary, but I was invited to a tour of the facilities before accepting the offer. It was informative and nice, and I accepted.

Interview Question – I wasn't given any questions exactly, but I listed my undergraduate research experience in my application. They want to know that you have a solid academic background in chemistry with a good GPA. Research experience is very important, and if you have any publications at the undergraduate level, you are almost certain to be accepted.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Syracuse University in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very difficult to get an interview with Syracuse University, it's either the right place at the right time or you know someone.

Interview Question – Honestly can't think of any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is tough unless you are in a very high level position, salary is pretty straightforward.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Syracuse University

Worked for Syracuse University? Contribute to the Community!