Syracuse University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee
Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend and interviewed briefly with the hiring manager. The manager and I chatted briefly in his office about what the job would entail and if I had any previous experience. I hadn't worked in food services before, but was a good communicator and had worked in a highly customer-interactive environment before.

Interview Question – Have you worked in Food Services before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay rate is non-negotiable and is determined by the university. However, there is a 10 cent increase each semester.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview Details – it was a very easy process as the proff recommended me based on my resume.

Ernie Davis Dining Hall/Employer Interview

Ernie Davis Dining Hall/Employer
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on line and go to the office to finish a form, after 4+ weeks, you will get a interview. They will ask you information on your resume and former working experience and available working schedule.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, pretty normal and daily ones.   Answer Question

Lab Associate Interview

Lab Associate
Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Syracuse University in January 2014.

Interview Details – regular, smooth and good communication

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Resident Advisor
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University.

Interview Details – To become a Resident Advisor at Syracuse University, there is one interview session, and several long training sessions over the course of several months that are usually 1 or 2 hours long. It is important not to babble on and on, but to keep answers concise and limited- the interviewer has many applicants he/she needs to interview.

Interview Question – Stereotypical interview questions, what is your strength, what are your weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Syracuse, NY

I interviewed at Syracuse University in February 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my application to the Chemistry Ph.D. program online (see dept. website), and was accepted by email also. No interview was necessary, but I was invited to a tour of the facilities before accepting the offer. It was informative and nice, and I accepted.

Interview Question – I wasn't given any questions exactly, but I listed my undergraduate research experience in my application. They want to know that you have a solid academic background in chemistry with a good GPA. Research experience is very important, and if you have any publications at the undergraduate level, you are almost certain to be accepted.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Syracuse, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Syracuse University in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very difficult to get an interview with Syracuse University, it's either the right place at the right time or you know someone.

Interview Question – Honestly can't think of any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is tough unless you are in a very high level position, salary is pretty straightforward.

Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer Interview

Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Syracuse University in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1 interview; full day, 5 staff members, floating interview. Met will all, all asked variety of questions, they then talk throughout the day. Meet with Assit. AD/Sports Med for final interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Syracuse University in May 2013.

Interview Details – The office that was hiring contacted me for an interview about 3 weeks about I submitted the application. I was interviewed by a small committee (4 people plus one via skype). I was informed two weeks later, by telephone, that I was not selected for a second interview. I thought that was very professional of them.

Interview Questions

• I was given several case situations that I was asked to respond to. Why are you interested in this particular job and S.U.? How does this fit into your professional goals?   Answer Question
  • What are the qualities that someone in this position should have? What do you think the responsibilities of this position are?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Syracuse University in May 2012.

Interview Details – There really isn't a hiring process. You should contact a professor you have taken class with before or who is in your field. If you are willing to work for free, have a good gpa, and preformed well in their class you should have no problem finding opportunities. These might depend on major, but for science majors many professor love undergraduate help.
Try emailing your professor or your department head to see who to get in contact with

Interview Question – There are not usually many/if any questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Syracuse University? Contribute to the Community!