Syracuse University Interview Questions in Syracuse, NY

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.1

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Talked to the professor about your learning experience. Then the professor asked few questions relating his class. I waited few days until he finished interviewing all the candidates and reported to the department about his decision

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

it was a very easy process as the proff recommended me based on my resume.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

To become a Resident Advisor at Syracuse University, there is one interview session, and several long training sessions over the course of several months that are usually 1 or 2 hours long. It is important not to babble on and on, but to keep answers concise and limited- the interviewer has many applicants he/she needs to interview.

Interview Questions

• Stereotypical interview questions, what is your strength, what are your weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Lab Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

regular, smooth and good communication

Ernie Davis Dining Hall/Employer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Apply on line and go to the office to finish a form, after 4+ weeks, you will get a interview. They will ask you information on your resume and former working experience and available working schedule.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The office that was hiring contacted me for an interview about 3 weeks about I submitted the application. I was interviewed by a small committee (4 people plus one via skype). I was informed two weeks later, by telephone, that I was not selected for a second interview. I thought that was very professional of them.

Interview Questions

• I was given several case situations that I was asked to respond to. Why are you interested in this particular job and S.U.? How does this fit into your professional goals?   Answer Question
    • What are the qualities that someone in this position should have? What do you think the responsibilities of this position are?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

There really isn't a hiring process. You should contact a professor you have taken class with before or who is in your field. If you are willing to work for free, have a good gpa, and preformed well in their class you should have no problem finding opportunities. These might depend on major, but for science majors many professor love undergraduate help.
    Try emailing your professor or your department head to see who to get in contact with

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Easy as pie. I applied online got called in to talk about the responsibilities and started the following week. They wanted to know which hours I would like to work and of course required all the working papers to be signed and authorized.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

got a response right away. Everything was straightforward

Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

1 interview; full day, 5 staff members, floating interview. Met will all, all asked variety of questions, they then talk throughout the day. Meet with Assit. AD/Sports Med for final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.