Sysco

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sysco in November 2014.

-Applied online
    -Monday phone interview with Houston HR shortly after I applied.
    -Friday had a phone interview scheduled with two Directors and another Regional Manager due to me living out of state.
    -Friday an hour after my Director interview HR called me back asking if I'd fly to Houston for a face-face interview. I accepted.
    -The following Monday HR called me back saying the VP would like to phone interview me first before they book my travel.
    -Tuesday had phone interview with the VP.
    -A few hours after my VP phone interview I received a call from HR saying they'd like to proceed booking my travel for the face-to-face interview.
    -Travel was booked by the end of the week and I flit to Houston on Sunday for a Monday interview.
    -Met with the HR, VP, Senior Director, two Directors and the Regional Manager all day. They even took me to lunch. Fantastic day!
    -By Friday I had a job offer!

My process was seamless and super quick. A truly amazing experience due to great people.

I was expecting hours of STAR behavioral questioning but it was just sitting back and getting to know each other. Fantastic.

Interview Questions
    I actually accepted their offer because it was what I was shooting for plus received an amazing relocation plan.

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco in October 2014.

This is one of the slowest companies I had seen when it comes to interviewing candidates. They are not respectful of candidates. Often I felt are they serious about the hiring or simply wasting candidate's time. When I get the interview for the first time, I was supposed to talk to the Director who is also the hiring manager. But, he did not show up. Instead four of his team members (two junior people in Senior manager roles, two SAP contractors) were in the call. This was a surprise as I was not told about the change. I prepared for a conversation with Director not with four team members. Worst thing was them bringing in SAP contractors for an interview of Senior Manager role in the company. At that very moment I lost interest about the company and job. The interview did not go very well.

Interview Questions
    • The SAP contractors were most interested in knowing what is my opinion about their in-memory analysis product SAP HANA. There were no questions to assess my managerial capabilities rather the two junior people with Indian origin only focused on technical items such as the Business Objects software version I used, how long before.   View Answer

Supply Chain Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Sysco in September 2014.

The style was behavioral interviewing that had a mixture of single and dual interviewers. I was brought in to interview bright and early and met with a lot of people, ending early afternoon. So it was pretty much was the whole day... and grueling.

The interviewers ranged from senior management to peers to not so direct reports. Except for a couple of hiccups the interviewers kept to the clock. All were very nice and at times seemed to be going out of their way to make me feel comfortable. It seemed like it was having a conversation with the interviewers in the dialog / exchange of question and answering.

In general the interview questions were all pretty much generic / standard like "tell me about..." and then a situation. The most pointed interview questions came from the HR person. She peppered in nice corporate policies and then came the challenging questions about my background.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interviewing for this position?/ What do you know about this position?   View Answer

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sysco in July 2014.

I was contacted by a staffing agency, they submitted my resume Friday, got a call from Sysco acquisition Monday to come in for an interveiw Tuesday.

The interview was mainly composed of "what would you do", and " how would you do", quesions. Nothing, really geared to the position, just mainly questions that would indicate character, and whether you are a good fit.

After the interview, about 30 minutes later, I received a call from the staffing agency stating I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer plenty of question regarding mistakes you have made and how you fixed it, how you handle change and other scenario types of questions.   View Answer

Coordinator Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sysco in June 2014.

I was hired through a staffing agency, so all was pretty normal. An interview was scheduled, I showed up, and answered questions. I interviewed with one talent acquisition person...no panel. Once the interview ended, within the hour, my agency called me with the status of the position. That was quicker than normal turnaround. The background and drug tests were already conducted by the agency.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. However I was asked an unexpected question..."What do you like most about being in a support role". That was a new one.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. All negotiations are handled between the agency and the employer (client).

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

3 step interview process
    1. 20-30 min phone screening with HR
    2. 1-1.5 phone interview with manager
    3. Interview on site with department

Interview is fairly easy with relevant work experience. All questions in 2nd and 3rd round are all situational based questions. Process took a month and half. If you're a good fit for the department, you shouldn't have any worries.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to bend the rules in order to get something done. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    None

Talent Acquisition Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sysco in May 2014.

I initially saw the position posted on the company website, but was contacted through a staffing agency a few days after I applied online. I went through the screening with the recruiter, and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. I got a call from the recruiter on a Friday evening around 4:30 asking could I start the following Monday. I was taken back but agreed.

Monday came and went. On Wednesday, I was called in for a face to face interview, which went well. The hiring manager did admit that she was relatively new to the company herself, and that she was in the process of getting the position approved, but needed the help very badly and didn't foresee any issues. I was immediately invited back for a final interview with a panel of my future peers the next day. I was given a tour of the facility and met with the panel. The interview went really well and they asked could I start the upcoming Monday, to which I agreed. A week went by before I heard any news.

The following week, the recruiter contacted me and said she got a voicemail from the hiring manager stating that they wanted to hire me, but she didn't leave any details in regards to pay, a start date, etc. She said she would let me know as soon as she heard anything. That same day, I received an automated message from the Sysco talent management system stating I was not chosen for the position, which was immediately followed by a message stating the position was closed.

Another week passed, and I followed up with the recruiter to see what my status was. She had just gotten word that the position in fact was not approved. Another department was hiring and she offered to put me in front of that hiring manager, but I declined because of my terrible experience. Ironically, with the original position I was interviewing for, the main duty of the job was to ensure a "stress-free" on-boarding and interviewing process. Mine was nothing like that. The company put a very bad taste in my mouth after this experience. Luckily I was offered a job with another company that same day after declining the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you adjust to unplanned situations that arise?   View Answer

I was offered a position prematurely before it was approved and the hiring process was not professionally handled. I was strung along for weeks with the promise of a job and ultimately it wasn't cleared.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sysco in March 2014.

It took around one month for hiring process. It was fast interview. I got one phone interview about behavioral questions . I got an email from them a week later for the finals interview. There were 2 interviews in one day. If you pass the first interview , they will set up for you the second interview right away.All of questions are situational questions. They were nice people to talk to

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are easy to answer. No difficult questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

Behavioral questions!! 2-3 people interview. Depending on position may take online test for excel or access

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sysco in January 2014.

question of customer service based on past experience, analytical questions. nothing about based persona or work ethics