Sysco

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Simple and easy flowing process. Few questions were asked. Resume must be very strong and be the voice of each candidate. They are very relaxed but a very intelligent team. The process is divided into about 4 parts

Interview Questions
    • What software application experience do you have and which are you actively using   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation

Payroll Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sysco.

Filled out the online application, very simple. Heard back from HR via email two days later. Did not hear back from them for two weeks. They called to do a phone screen, around the time that I told HR I was unavailable. Completed phone screening. Did not hear back for another two weeks. Got a phone call, they wanted to interview me the next day, not giving too much head's up.

The interview itself was one of the worst I have ever had. Did not feel that the questions allotted me a chance to prove myself of value for the company. Very broad questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you found a problem only to discover you had created an even larger problem   Answer Question

Command Center Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sysco.

received call from recruiter, was told to come in for a pre-interview, then received details regarding the real interview. Received job confirmation few days after that. What followed was the actual hiring process. They gave me a date to come in while i was on the phone with them. After that the training process began.

Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

Interviewed With Three Managers, Basic Interview Questions. They Were Really Looking For How Well You Handled Yourself In A New Situation. They Asked Similar Questions Worded Different ways. TheyAK A Lot Of Behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell Me About A Time You Handled A Difficult Costumers concern   View Answer

Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

You will be contacted from Houston, TX where the recruiter will ask basic questions. The next meeting with be with your DSM (District Manager). After that you will be meeting with the Director or Vice President of sales. Take notes this shows them you are a good listener and want to remember what you and the interviewer talked about.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions is.....why do you want to work for Sysco and do not give a generic answer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, MT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sysco.

took about a month and a half for the entire process. they were very encouraging and polite over the phone interview. They also were prompt on emails and the final interview process.

Interview Questions
    • how would you react to a rejection and what would be your second approach   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I found the offer very fair.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sysco.

I was invited to a recruiting event the day before it was scheduled. There i had a group interview with a manager and 2 senior analysts. They asked behavioral and experience based questions. Following the recruiting event I was invited to take 2 assessment tests 1 for excel and 1 for logic (although I think the logic 1 was given to me in error). After taking those I had a phone interview with another hiring manager for the same position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't feel that any of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

It took this company about 2 months to send me an offer letter. At that point I'd already found another opportunity.

Outside Territory Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sysco in November 2014.

So far I have only had a telephone interview. For probably ten minutes we just reviewed my application and work history, driving record etc. There was nothing out of the ordinary. The interview took about thirty minutes or so. The interviewer was pleasant and easy to talk to. There were not trick questions or difficult scenario situations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. One question was: What process would you take to secure the business at a new restaurant opening in your area?   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sysco in November 2014.

-Applied online
    -Monday phone interview with Houston HR shortly after I applied.
    -Friday had a phone interview scheduled with two Directors and another Regional Manager due to me living out of state.
    -Friday an hour after my Director interview HR called me back asking if I'd fly to Houston for a face-face interview. I accepted.
    -The following Monday HR called me back saying the VP would like to phone interview me first before they book my travel.
    -Tuesday had phone interview with the VP.
    -A few hours after my VP phone interview I received a call from HR saying they'd like to proceed booking my travel for the face-to-face interview.
    -Travel was booked by the end of the week and I flit to Houston on Sunday for a Monday interview.
    -Met with the HR, VP, Senior Director, two Directors and the Regional Manager all day. They even took me to lunch. Fantastic day!
    -By Friday I had a job offer!

My process was seamless and super quick. A truly amazing experience due to great people.

I was expecting hours of STAR behavioral questioning but it was just sitting back and getting to know each other. Fantastic.

Interview Questions
    I actually accepted their offer because it was what I was shooting for plus received an amazing relocation plan.

Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sysco.

Phone interview from a woman at their recruiting headquarters in Texas. General sales related questions. Very impersonal. A lot of back and forth and phone tag before I was asked to come in for an interview. Met with the District Manager and Sales Manager separately. One meeting was enjoyable and a lot of back and forth, while the other was very scripted and awkward. Very impersonal and irrelevant. If you ask me, they need to redo their interview questions. They will never get genuine answers to the questions they ask.

Interview Questions
    • They said that previous sales experience wasn't completely necessary, but EVERY SINGLE question was "when selling in your current position, how do you handle A, B, C...?" Seemed a bit contradictory.   Answer Question