Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sysco in December 2008.

Interview

it was a very long process - it took 3 days to complete the interview - they use targeted selection - first the phone interview, then an interview with a district sales manager, then an interview with 3 different upper management divisions of the company - questions were classified into different areas of sales

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocoee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sysco (Ocoee, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

You will first get a phone call after you've applied from corporate out of Texas. They will do a phone interview with you to see if you qualify. If you do happen to qualify, they will set up a face to face interview at the local warehouse. From there, they will then call you if you pass through that about a week later and set up a driving test to see if you can drive. If so, they will then send you for a drug test and a physical. It's a long process and can be a pain, but it's a really good company.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer Sysco?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sysco (Great Falls, MT).

Interview

took about a month and a half for the entire process. they were very encouraging and polite over the phone interview. They also were prompt on emails and the final interview process.

Interview Questions

• how would you react to a rejection and what would be your second approach   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I found the offer very fair.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I got the first contact through a recruiter. After a discussion with the hiring manager, which I thought went well, I heard "static" for a while. The recruiter gave me a song and dance about the changes in the company due to the merger with US Foods. Fast forward a few months and Sysco invited me in for an interview. The managers (formerly from the CPG company) seemed nice and asked questions about my background. I later figured out that they were more like "alpha" males, the kind with large egos and exude a sizable opinion of themselves. (It was their subtlety that makes it even worse.) The hiring manager that I had spoken with before though seemed more down to earth. After the interview the recruiter said another song and dance that there was another candidate that was more highly qualified (a lie). After doing some research a few months later it turns out that Sysco promoted someone internally to that position. Note: definitely do your homework by reading news reports and understanding of their business.

Outbound Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sysco (Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I attended a 'Job Fair" for SYSCO which was basically an Interview on friday. I went through to rounds of interviews and waited the weekend out. They called me Monday and came back for a second interview with a warehouse overnight supervisor. He took me on a tour of the facility and conducted a "Live Interview" And I passed with flying colors. The next day A HR person called to verify a few things from my application. They will be sending me emails to start the background check process. I hope it goes well as I don't have a diploma or GED and they said they might be checking into that.

Interview Questions

• Is this REALLY what you want to do?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sysco (Pitts, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

spoke with 3 people regarding experience. very nice although formal. nice people. felt comfortable speaking to all of the people.nice offices & everyne seemed busy but took the time to have good conversation

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

very hard interview... no supplemental exams or tests, but hard questions. A lot of scenario based questions. 3 interviews 1 hour long each. The interviewers had no emotion at all, stone faced just said okay after your responses. One was Indian and had a horrible accent, he would get mad when you didn't understand the question.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle this situation....? how do you analyze data? how much data do you analyze currently? what ways are the distribution center helpful? how would you optimize a supply chain?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sysco (Lincoln, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

intense interview, very thorough. many levels of management were involved and assured that if hired the training and first year would be very time consuming but worth the time put in. Company paid for all training and travel. traning was very informative and prepared you for the workplace.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was excited to receive an email informing me that I will get a phone interview. The woman on the phone was nice and the interview was very basic. After the phone interview, I was informed that I would get a face to face with the area sales manager. I met him at the local Panera Bread. We talked for about an hour and after, he scheduled for me to meet with his boss. After the first two interviews, I figured that the third would be cake walk. It was nothing of the sort. I was blindsided by how tough the interview was. I thought that I had completely lost all hope of getting hired, however, near the very end of the interview, I was able to turn it around and get a final interview. Now walking into the final interview, I feel that the recruiters that were in this interview had their mind made up from the start that I was not going to get this job. i immediately had to go on the defensive trying to defend my prior work history industry. All in all, I feel I had to jump through too many hoops and at the end felt I was being attacked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell one of those red "that was easy" buttons from staples to the HR manager.   Answer Question

Payroll Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

Filled out the online application, very simple. Heard back from HR via email two days later. Did not hear back from them for two weeks. They called to do a phone screen, around the time that I told HR I was unavailable. Completed phone screening. Did not hear back for another two weeks. Got a phone call, they wanted to interview me the next day, not giving too much head's up. The interview itself was one of the worst I have ever had. Did not feel that the questions allotted me a chance to prove myself of value for the company. Very broad questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a problem only to discover you had created an even larger problem   Answer Question