Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sysco in November 2011.

Sysco came to campus for interviews - pretty standard interview - situational questions. No case interview. Once I cleared that initial round of interviews, I progressed to the 2nd round, which was at their Houston campus. There, I met with 4 team members, peers, in sets of 2. That round also was mostly situational questions, they asked a little about my experience, but as a freshly minted MBA, the questions weren't that specific.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult or unexpected questions during my interview. Pretty straightforward.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate salary, PTO, etc., but they were not open to any changes to the original offer. The only change I was able to get was a later start date than initially specified.

Talent Acquisition Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sysco in May 2014.

I initially saw the position posted on the company website, but was contacted through a staffing agency a few days after I applied online. I went through the screening with the recruiter, and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. I got a call from the recruiter on a Friday evening around 4:30 asking could I start the following Monday. I was taken back but agreed.

Monday came and went. On Wednesday, I was called in for a face to face interview, which went well. The hiring manager did admit that she was relatively new to the company herself, and that she was in the process of getting the position approved, but needed the help very badly and didn't foresee any issues. I was immediately invited back for a final interview with a panel of my future peers the next day. I was given a tour of the facility and met with the panel. The interview went really well and they asked could I start the upcoming Monday, to which I agreed. A week went by before I heard any news.

The following week, the recruiter contacted me and said she got a voicemail from the hiring manager stating that they wanted to hire me, but she didn't leave any details in regards to pay, a start date, etc. She said she would let me know as soon as she heard anything. That same day, I received an automated message from the Sysco talent management system stating I was not chosen for the position, which was immediately followed by a message stating the position was closed.

Another week passed, and I followed up with the recruiter to see what my status was. She had just gotten word that the position in fact was not approved. Another department was hiring and she offered to put me in front of that hiring manager, but I declined because of my terrible experience. Ironically, with the original position I was interviewing for, the main duty of the job was to ensure a "stress-free" on-boarding and interviewing process. Mine was nothing like that. The company put a very bad taste in my mouth after this experience. Luckily I was offered a job with another company that same day after declining the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you adjust to unplanned situations that arise?   View Answer

I was offered a position prematurely before it was approved and the hiring process was not professionally handled. I was strung along for weeks with the promise of a job and ultimately it wasn't cleared.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sysco.

Very comfortable and relaxed management. They are very easy to conversate with and have a great attitude about the company. I was asked very specific questions about positions and management styles.

Interview Questions
    • what has different positions taught you   View Answer

I received another offer

Vice President of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Front Royal, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Front Royal, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sysco in September 2010.

Situational questions; provide detail in your scenerios. Focus on being a team player and customer service oriented. Be flexible with your work schedule. Good luck with your interview! Great company to work for!

Coordinator Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cypress, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Sysco in June 2014.

I was hired through a staffing agency, so all was pretty normal. An interview was scheduled, I showed up, and answered questions. I interviewed with one talent acquisition person...no panel. Once the interview ended, within the hour, my agency called me with the status of the position. That was quicker than normal turnaround. The background and drug tests were already conducted by the agency.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. However I was asked an unexpected question..."What do you like most about being in a support role". That was a new one.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. All negotiations are handled between the agency and the employer (client).

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sysco.

3 step interview process
    1. 20-30 min phone screening with HR
    2. 1-1.5 phone interview with manager
    3. Interview on site with department

Interview is fairly easy with relevant work experience. All questions in 2nd and 3rd round are all situational based questions. Process took a month and half. If you're a good fit for the department, you shouldn't have any worries.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to bend the rules in order to get something done. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    None

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sysco in October 2013.

Interview was amazing.. There isn't much you could ask that an applicant would be able to answer that would steer you to believe whether this person is going to be good and what he/she does. Be yourself. The person doing the interview asked about how my night was the night before and much about the job I currently worked in. Also was very genuine when asking about personal life. I felt very comfortable in being able to answer the questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you will be able to adjust from being on your feet for 8 hours a work day to 8 hours sitting at a desk?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Union based hourly on how long you have been there.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sysco.

Contacted by phone, 2 person interview. Very relaxed interview. Both presented themselves very well. All questions were relevant to position I was applying for. Was asked how I would handle myself in different positions and how did I get along in general with past co-workers

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward interview all pertaining to business and what I knew.   Answer Question
    They made an offer and it was good so I saw no need to negotiate.

Outbound Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sysco in April 2014.

Applied online for the second time. Saw a ad on Craigslist about a job fair Friday April 25th 2014 so I called to reserved a spot. The job fair was a three step interview process and I believe whoever saw the ad on Craigslist were the lucky individuals that got a chance to interview due to the thousands of applicants. After the hour long interview, they said we'll look through all the applicants next week and well give you a call if you meet the match. I waited a week and called the warehouse operation manager and he says they haven't made offers yet. I called HR and she said some offers were made. I read a post on glassdoor.com of another candidate who I'm assuming if true was at the interview probably at an earlier time and he already accepted a offer. I'm praying I get a call this week because I have experience and I thought the interview panel was impress. Anyone out there is the same position or have question please ask. Thanks 2099819832

Outbound Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sysco in April 2014.

I attended a 'Job Fair" for SYSCO which was basically an Interview on friday. I went through to rounds of interviews and waited the weekend out. They called me Monday and came back for a second interview with a warehouse overnight supervisor. He took me on a tour of the facility and conducted a "Live Interview" And I passed with flying colors. The next day A HR person called to verify a few things from my application. They will be sending me emails to start the background check process. I hope it goes well as I don't have a diploma or GED and they said they might be checking into that.