Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco in March 2014.

Two sets of interviews - one initial one to simply weed out the bad applicants and another for decision-making. The first one was one of those generic types of interviews where they ask you situation/behavioral questions and the second was with the hiring manager(s) (mine was with a panel of 2 people). The offer letter came in a little while after that. Not quick, so don't hold your breath. It turned out really well for me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about things on my Cover Letter and my Resume (the ones they were most interested in) so you'll want to have that out in front of you when you do the second interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on my part. The pay was way more than I imagined so I was grateful took it.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

Behavioral questions!! 2-3 people interview. Depending on position may take online test for excel or access

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sysco in January 2014.

question of customer service based on past experience, analytical questions. nothing about based persona or work ethics

Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

Phone screening from HR, followed by phone screening with supervisor, then a face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • Repetitive behavioral questions throughout the interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sysco in October 2013.

Interview was amazing.. There isn't much you could ask that an applicant would be able to answer that would steer you to believe whether this person is going to be good and what he/she does. Be yourself. The person doing the interview asked about how my night was the night before and much about the job I currently worked in. Also was very genuine when asking about personal life. I felt very comfortable in being able to answer the questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you will be able to adjust from being on your feet for 8 hours a work day to 8 hours sitting at a desk?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Union based hourly on how long you have been there.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

Typical situational interview, but based on analytical experience

Interview Questions
    Offer was not negotiable.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco in September 2013.

Submitted resume via CareerBuilder.com. 1st interview was with District Manager and two Marketing Associates I would be training with. Took about 1 hour. Was general interview. 2nd interview I had the VP of Sales & Marketing and the two Regional Managers. Took about 1 hour. Very intense. They want to make you shift in your seat for sure.

Interview Questions
    • 2nd interview was very intimidating. They asked very specific questions about how I would handle certain scenarios and would evolve their questions from my answers. They def want to make you feel uncomfortable. I was told afterward that they wanted to see how you deal with high pressure situations, as how you handle it in the interview is most likely how you would handle it with an account. They are very interested in hearing that you want to build relationships & listen to what the customer wants.   Answer Question
    No negotiations other than start date.

Supplier Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sysco in June 2013.

First step is a phone call/assessment from Talent Acquisition then a phone interview with a Costing / Pricing Supervisor. Once selected for a face to face interview, you take a simple Excel test. Final step is 3 face to face interviews with targeted selection / behavioral questions with more Costing / Pricing Supervisors and Manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were at lease 15 questions that were similar.
      1. Describe one of the most stressful interactions you've had with an internal/external customer. How did you deal with the situation?
      2. Talk about a time when you overcommitted yourself or your company. What happened?
      3. Talk about something you've done to encourage coworkers to take responsibility for improving their work standards.
        Answer Question
    No room for negotiation; I accepted the first offer.

Earned Income Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sysco.

Applied online. Called by HR and set up for an initial phone interview with 2 department supervisors. Passed that so then had to do an online Excel test to see my skills. Passed that then invited for an in person interview. Met with HR person who discussed company and benefits and then had to do a business correspondence writing sample. Then met with each department supervisor individually, then with Department Manager.

Interview Questions
    • All situation &/or behaviorally based. Not overly difficult but each person asked approximately 5-7 questions and they were all different. So hard to come up with various answers for that many different behaviorally based questions. This is how this company interviews - no matter the position.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is only acceptable if your counteroffer is within the pay scale for the job they are hiring for.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sysco.

initial interview with DSM then you are directed to interview called TRIO with upper management. TRIO is quite long and somewhat difficult, depending on who is interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall--the length of time spent interviewing back to back with 3 people was most difficult part for me.   Answer Question
    DId not negotiate--got what seemed fair.