Sysco

Average Difficulty
65 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baraboo, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sysco in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited away from a competitor where I was taking a lot of their business. I met with their sales director at a public location "just to talk." Then I had to go to the office to meet with the sales director and the vp of sales. I received an offer via email soon after.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sysco in March 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was interesting. It took much more time than I thought it would. The right hand didn't seem to know what the left hand was doing. Interviewing process wasn't organized at all. They informed you that your interview would be at this time, but the interviewing time started roughly one and a half hours later. Wasn't sure if they knew what they were doing.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job? If I didn't want this job, why wouldn't even be here? Management couldn't tell me why they had such a large turn over in their sale force.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a joke! I don't think they knew what they were doing. Your salary could be changed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sysco in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had to first take an online test and then a phone interview. After they determined that I was a good person to interview, I was invited for a interview two weeks later. The interview took about an hour with the hiring manager, and about another hour with a panel of other employees at the company.

Interview Question – How many hours per week do you expect to work if you were hired. I was caught of guard by that unexpected question   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sysco in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via CareerBuilder.com. 1st interview was with District Manager and two Marketing Associates I would be training with. Took about 1 hour. Was general interview. 2nd interview I had the VP of Sales & Marketing and the two Regional Managers. Took about 1 hour. Very intense. They want to make you shift in your seat for sure.

Interview Question – 2nd interview was very intimidating. They asked very specific questions about how I would handle certain scenarios and would evolve their questions from my answers. They def want to make you feel uncomfortable. I was told afterward that they wanted to see how you deal with high pressure situations, as how you handle it in the interview is most likely how you would handle it with an account. They are very interested in hearing that you want to build relationships & listen to what the customer wants.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations other than start date.

Costing Coordinator Interview

Costing Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sysco in June 2012.

Interview Details – Three hours of star format. You meet with two supervisors and one manager for one hour each. Everything is in STAR format. No original questions.

There is an excel test after the phone interview that you can find online.

Interview Question – Tell me about an important project/task/assignment you were working on for an external customer when the specifications changed significantly but the deadline wasn't extended. What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Pricing Associate Interview

Pricing Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview Details – Phone screening from HR, followed by phone screening with supervisor, then a face-to-face interview

Interview Question – Repetitive behavioral questions throughout the interview.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview Details – Typical situational interview, but based on analytical experience

Interview Question – Provide a detailed example of a previous analysis   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was not negotiable.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Sysco in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very stupid questions, interviewers have no idea of the business as they been with the company few months, one of them was sleeping while talking to me. Asking some racist questions!!!

Reason for Declining – terrible team to work for

Supplier Pricing Coordinator Interview

Supplier Pricing Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sysco in June 2013.

Interview Details – First step is a phone call/assessment from Talent Acquisition then a phone interview with a Costing / Pricing Supervisor. Once selected for a face to face interview, you take a simple Excel test. Final step is 3 face to face interviews with targeted selection / behavioral questions with more Costing / Pricing Supervisors and Manager.

Interview Question – There were at lease 15 questions that were similar.
1. Describe one of the most stressful interactions you've had with an internal/external customer. How did you deal with the situation?
2. Talk about a time when you overcommitted yourself or your company. What happened?
3. Talk about something you've done to encourage coworkers to take responsibility for improving their work standards.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation; I accepted the first offer.

Earned Income Associate Interview

Earned Income Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called by HR and set up for an initial phone interview with 2 department supervisors. Passed that so then had to do an online Excel test to see my skills. Passed that then invited for an in person interview. Met with HR person who discussed company and benefits and then had to do a business correspondence writing sample. Then met with each department supervisor individually, then with Department Manager.

Interview Question – All situation &/or behaviorally based. Not overly difficult but each person asked approximately 5-7 questions and they were all different. So hard to come up with various answers for that many different behaviorally based questions. This is how this company interviews - no matter the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is only acceptable if your counteroffer is within the pay scale for the job they are hiring for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sysco