Sysco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supplier Pricing Coordinator Interview

Supplier Pricing Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sysco in June 2013.

Interview Details – First step is a phone call/assessment from Talent Acquisition then a phone interview with a Costing / Pricing Supervisor. Once selected for a face to face interview, you take a simple Excel test. Final step is 3 face to face interviews with targeted selection / behavioral questions with more Costing / Pricing Supervisors and Manager.

Interview Question – There were at lease 15 questions that were similar.
1. Describe one of the most stressful interactions you've had with an internal/external customer. How did you deal with the situation?
2. Talk about a time when you overcommitted yourself or your company. What happened?
3. Talk about something you've done to encourage coworkers to take responsibility for improving their work standards.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation; I accepted the first offer.

Earned Income Associate Interview

Earned Income Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called by HR and set up for an initial phone interview with 2 department supervisors. Passed that so then had to do an online Excel test to see my skills. Passed that then invited for an in person interview. Met with HR person who discussed company and benefits and then had to do a business correspondence writing sample. Then met with each department supervisor individually, then with Department Manager.

Interview Question – All situation &/or behaviorally based. Not overly difficult but each person asked approximately 5-7 questions and they were all different. So hard to come up with various answers for that many different behaviorally based questions. This is how this company interviews - no matter the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is only acceptable if your counteroffer is within the pay scale for the job they are hiring for.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview Details – initial interview with DSM then you are directed to interview called TRIO with upper management. TRIO is quite long and somewhat difficult, depending on who is interviewing you.

Interview Question – Do not recall--the length of time spent interviewing back to back with 3 people was most difficult part for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – DId not negotiate--got what seemed fair.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounting/Finance Interview

Accounting/Finance
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview Details – They use the STAR format (Situation/Task, Action, Result) approach. The interviews can sometimes be lengthy and questions may be asked several times in different ways.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to bend the rules to get a job done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A outside recruiter worked with me and negotiated the salary. After accepting it took like 2 weeks to wrap everything up.

Pricing Manager Interview

Pricing Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sysco in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had 4 in-person interviews on day one and came back the new week for the new interview with VP of the department. The interview was more situation or scenario based questions.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your previous company? ( Previous company was a great company)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I rejected the first offer and they adjusted the second offer to the fair market value for the position and i accepted

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Sysco

Interview Details – Just apply; foodservice operating background is very helpful

Interview Question – Overcoming customer objections   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Jackson, MS

I applied online - interviewed at Sysco in January 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total. Knowing the background of Sysco, and the market in which one is trying to work will help tremendously.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Sysco over other food distribution companies.   View Answer

Warehouse Casual Interview

Warehouse Casual
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview Details – Interview over the phone was more of an information meeting then anything. Once I went into the interview face to face I was quickly asked if I would like to come back at 10p.m to talk with the night manager. So I did, the interview went well. (I thought) But I heard nothing from them after the interview. Three weeks later I got a call saying background check cleared time for drug test. Didn't even know they where doing one as they didn't inform me the wanted to go further. After a short delay (three weeks) I got an offical letter of employment. Took a LONG time but it was worth it, I love the job, and love the people I work with (Even if most are Pricks) there are still a lot of great people there!

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you ever did?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, most locations are union, and so it goes by union rules. But if not union I suppose you could. I couldn't tell you.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Houston, TX

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Sysco in February 2012.

Interview Details – They first contacted me because I applied for that same position a year ago but at that time their salary range was low then just recently they called me to find out If I was interested and they said their salary ranges had increased from last year so after I showed interested I had 2 phone interviews one with HR then with the hiring manager, after that they sent me a personality / behavioral test to complete and sent back, once this was reviewed by the manager a set of 3 face to face interviews are next and please be prepared they are hard no time for anything just strait talking for 3-4 hours, then after they reviewed the candidates they said that they I was strong candidate but they preferred to hire within their company…. Great interview experience but I wished they should review their internal candidates before they go out and start wasting candidates time. Overall it seems a great company to work for..

Interview Question – They use STAR technique   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Sysco in September 2009.

Interview Details – Sell me this pen, talk about features, advantages, and bennifits. This question is design for one purpose only. Ask questions to find out what the consumer is actually looking for. Many approach this as " i have the best pen on the market it writes well, ink color, blah, blah. Ask questions to find out what the consumer is actually looking for, then sell the pen

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   View Answers (2)