Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Supply Chain Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The style was behavioral interviewing that had a mixture of single and dual interviewers. I was brought in to interview bright and early and met with a lot of people, ending early afternoon. So it was pretty much was the whole day... and grueling.

The interviewers ranged from senior management to peers to not so direct reports. Except for a couple of hiccups the interviewers kept to the clock. All were very nice and at times seemed to be going out of their way to make me feel comfortable. It seemed like it was having a conversation with the interviewers in the dialog / exchange of question and answering.

In general the interview questions were all pretty much generic / standard like "tell me about..." and then a situation. The most pointed interview questions came from the HR person. She peppered in nice corporate policies and then came the challenging questions about my background.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for this position?/ What do you know about this position?   1 Answer

Category Analyst Interview

Interview

They took anyone they could get to work for the money they were offering. The interview was more about the amount of money they were offering, then learning about me.

Interview Questions

• They use a star based interview process.... Its stupid, the interviewer needed more training on the process... he fugged the whole thing because he wanted me, and I was willing to work for the peanuts they were offering.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sysco (Columbia, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with talent acquisition went extremely well lasted 45mins. By mid week talent acquisition called and scheduled an on site interview. Interview process was straightforward and went extremely well it lasted about 2hrs.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most rewarding things about your current job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Sysco?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Probably the easiest of my career.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sysco (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Communication between the individual setting up date & time for the interview. Date/Time I was given was never communicated to the individuals I was to be interviewing. I had to wait over 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• A general lack of preparedness made lack of flow to the questions difficult.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sysco (Cypress, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency, they submitted my resume Friday, got a call from Sysco acquisition Monday to come in for an interveiw Tuesday.

The interview was mainly composed of "what would you do", and " how would you do", quesions. Nothing, really geared to the position, just mainly questions that would indicate character, and whether you are a good fit.

After the interview, about 30 minutes later, I received a call from the staffing agency stating I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer plenty of question regarding mistakes you have made and how you fixed it, how you handle change and other scenario types of questions.   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sysco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very comfortable and relaxed management. They are very easy to conversate with and have a great attitude about the company. I was asked very specific questions about positions and management styles.

Interview Questions

• what has different positions taught you   1 Answer

I received another offer

Coordinator Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sysco (Cypress, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I was hired through a staffing agency, so all was pretty normal. An interview was scheduled, I showed up, and answered questions. I interviewed with one talent acquisition person...no panel. Once the interview ended, within the hour, my agency called me with the status of the position. That was quicker than normal turnaround. The background and drug tests were already conducted by the agency.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. However I was asked an unexpected question..."What do you like most about being in a support role". That was a new one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All negotiations are handled between the agency and the employer (client).

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tolleson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sysco (Tolleson, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interviewed with a recruiter and I was informed that I would be notified if I was selected to move forward with the interviewing process or was removed from consideration. Was dissappointing that I never heard back even after my attempts via phone and email.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Started with phone screen from Recruiter. Then interviewed straight to management interviews. Lots of hypothetical and situational questions. Interviewed with 4 different people.Everyone was nice but thorough. Asked about Excel and computer skills.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you prioritizes projects that are running at the same time?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 step interview process
    1. 20-30 min phone screening with HR
    2. 1-1.5 phone interview with manager
    3. Interview on site with department

Interview is fairly easy with relevant work experience. All questions in 2nd and 3rd round are all situational based questions. Process took a month and half. If you're a good fit for the department, you shouldn't have any worries.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to bend the rules in order to get something done. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None