Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

I was invited to a recruiting event the day before it was scheduled. There i had a group interview with a manager and 2 senior analysts. They asked behavioral and experience based questions. Following the recruiting event I was invited to take 2 assessment tests 1 for excel and 1 for logic (although I think the logic 1 was given to me in error). After taking those I had a phone interview with another hiring manager for the same position.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel that any of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

It took this company about 2 months to send me an offer letter. At that point I'd already found another opportunity.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

-Applied online -Monday phone interview with Houston HR shortly after I applied. -Friday had a phone interview scheduled with two Directors and another Regional Manager due to me living out of state. -Friday an hour after my Director interview HR called me back asking if I'd fly to Houston for a face-face interview. I accepted. -The following Monday HR called me back saying the VP would like to phone interview me first before they book my travel. -Tuesday had phone interview with the VP. -A few hours after my VP phone interview I received a call from HR saying they'd like to proceed booking my travel for the face-to-face interview. -Travel was booked by the end of the week and I flit to Houston on Sunday for a Monday interview. -Met with the HR, VP, Senior Director, two Directors and the Regional Manager all day. They even took me to lunch. Fantastic day! -By Friday I had a job offer! My process was seamless and super quick. A truly amazing experience due to great people. I was expecting hours of STAR behavioral questioning but it was just sitting back and getting to know each other. Fantastic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I actually accepted their offer because it was what I was shooting for plus received an amazing relocation plan.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

very hard interview... no supplemental exams or tests, but hard questions. A lot of scenario based questions. 3 interviews 1 hour long each. The interviewers had no emotion at all, stone faced just said okay after your responses. One was Indian and had a horrible accent, he would get mad when you didn't understand the question.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle this situation....? how do you analyze data? how much data do you analyze currently? what ways are the distribution center helpful? how would you optimize a supply chain?   Answer Question

Outside Territory Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco in November 2014.

Interview

So far I have only had a telephone interview. For probably ten minutes we just reviewed my application and work history, driving record etc. There was nothing out of the ordinary. The interview took about thirty minutes or so. The interviewer was pleasant and easy to talk to. There were not trick questions or difficult scenario situations.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. One question was: What process would you take to secure the business at a new restaurant opening in your area?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

Phone interview from a woman at their recruiting headquarters in Texas. General sales related questions. Very impersonal. A lot of back and forth and phone tag before I was asked to come in for an interview. Met with the District Manager and Sales Manager separately. One meeting was enjoyable and a lot of back and forth, while the other was very scripted and awkward. Very impersonal and irrelevant. If you ask me, they need to redo their interview questions. They will never get genuine answers to the questions they ask.

Interview Questions

• They said that previous sales experience wasn't completely necessary, but EVERY SINGLE question was "when selling in your current position, how do you handle A, B, C...?" Seemed a bit contradictory.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I got the first contact through a recruiter. After a discussion with the hiring manager, which I thought went well, I heard "static" for a while. The recruiter gave me a song and dance about the changes in the company due to the merger with US Foods. Fast forward a few months and Sysco invited me in for an interview. The managers (formerly from the CPG company) seemed nice and asked questions about my background. I later figured out that they were more like "alpha" males, the kind with large egos and exude a sizable opinion of themselves. (It was their subtlety that makes it even worse.) The hiring manager that I had spoken with before though seemed more down to earth. After the interview the recruiter said another song and dance that there was another candidate that was more highly qualified (a lie). After doing some research a few months later it turns out that Sysco promoted someone internally to that position. Note: definitely do your homework by reading news reports and understanding of their business.

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

This is one of the slowest companies I had seen when it comes to interviewing candidates. They are not respectful of candidates. Often I felt are they serious about the hiring or simply wasting candidate's time. When I get the interview for the first time, I was supposed to talk to the Director who is also the hiring manager. But, he did not show up. Instead four of his team members (two junior people in Senior manager roles, two SAP contractors) were in the call. This was a surprise as I was not told about the change. I prepared for a conversation with Director not with four team members. Worst thing was them bringing in SAP contractors for an interview of Senior Manager role in the company. At that very moment I lost interest about the company and job. The interview did not go very well.

Interview Questions

• The SAP contractors were most interested in knowing what is my opinion about their in-memory analysis product SAP HANA. There were no questions to assess my managerial capabilities rather the two junior people with Indian origin only focused on technical items such as the Business Objects software version I used, how long before.   1 Answer

Warehouse Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Albany, NY).

Interview

I started with doing the online application. I heard back from Human Resources out of Chicago a few days later. The woman was professional and asked me several questions. I have a lot of warehouse experience and supervisory experience. About a week later I get a call from another Human Resources woman to set up an in person interview. I was looking forward to the interview and arrived about 15 minutes early. I ask for the person I was told to ask for, and was told he no longer works there. I then waited approximately 45 minutes to meet with someone else. The man acted like meeting was a waste of his time. He did not care about my extensive experience. He basically said I would not want the job. It is part time, hours vary and medical benefits take 3-5 years to get. I was looking forward to the opportunity to work for Sysco. I've worked at another food warehouse where I used to live and I missed the work, but part time, waiting 3 to 5 years for benefits is ridiculous.. The lack of professionalism at this Halfmoon location was ridiculous. I do not recommend this job to anyone that has a family to support. Perhaps another location.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay working part time hours that could be full time, as much as 50 but as little as 25 a week, no guarantee of minimum number of hours and no benefits for 3 to 5 years?   1 Answer

No benefits for 3 to 5 years, part time hours and lack of professionalism. The man didn't care about my experience and acted like it was a waste of his and my time to be there.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sysco in September 2014.

Interview

I got a call from HR about a week after applying. HR asked about my work history, education, salary and background. It turns out my minimum salary was higher than what they were willing to pay. I accepted an onsite face to face interview anyway. On interview day, I met three other candidates in the waiting area and the sign in sheet suggested more candidates were to be interviewed that day. Was interviewed my the accounting supervisor and his boss. Both seemed nice.

Interview Questions

• What's your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Category Analyst Interview

Interview

They took anyone they could get to work for the money they were offering. The interview was more about the amount of money they were offering, then learning about me.

Interview Questions

• They use a star based interview process.... Its stupid, the interviewer needed more training on the process... he fugged the whole thing because he wanted me, and I was willing to work for the peanuts they were offering.   Answer Question