Sysco Interview Questions

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sysco.

initial interview with DSM then you are directed to interview called TRIO with upper management. TRIO is quite long and somewhat difficult, depending on who is interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall--the length of time spent interviewing back to back with 3 people was most difficult part for me.   Answer Question
    DId not negotiate--got what seemed fair.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sysco.

They use the STAR format (Situation/Task, Action, Result) approach. The interviews can sometimes be lengthy and questions may be asked several times in different ways.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to bend the rules to get a job done.   Answer Question
    A outside recruiter worked with me and negotiated the salary. After accepting it took like 2 weeks to wrap everything up.

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sysco in August 2012.

I had 4 in-person interviews on day one and came back the new week for the new interview with VP of the department. The interview was more situation or scenario based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your previous company? ( Previous company was a great company)   Answer Question
    I rejected the first offer and they adjusted the second offer to the fair market value for the position and i accepted

Sales Representative Interview

Just apply; foodservice operating background is very helpful

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online - interviewed at Sysco in January 2010.

3 interviews total. Knowing the background of Sysco, and the market in which one is trying to work will help tremendously.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Sysco over other food distribution companies.   View Answer

Warehouse Casual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Sysco.

Interview over the phone was more of an information meeting then anything. Once I went into the interview face to face I was quickly asked if I would like to come back at 10p.m to talk with the night manager. So I did, the interview went well. (I thought) But I heard nothing from them after the interview. Three weeks later I got a call saying background check cleared time for drug test. Didn't even know they where doing one as they didn't inform me the wanted to go further. After a short delay (three weeks) I got an offical letter of employment. Took a LONG time but it was worth it, I love the job, and love the people I work with (Even if most are Pricks) there are still a lot of great people there!

Interview Questions
    None, most locations are union, and so it goes by union rules. But if not union I suppose you could. I couldn't tell you.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Sysco in February 2012.

They first contacted me because I applied for that same position a year ago but at that time their salary range was low then just recently they called me to find out If I was interested and they said their salary ranges had increased from last year so after I showed interested I had 2 phone interviews one with HR then with the hiring manager, after that they sent me a personality / behavioral test to complete and sent back, once this was reviewed by the manager a set of 3 face to face interviews are next and please be prepared they are hard no time for anything just strait talking for 3-4 hours, then after they reviewed the candidates they said that they I was strong candidate but they preferred to hire within their company…. Great interview experience but I wished they should review their internal candidates before they go out and start wasting candidates time. Overall it seems a great company to work for..

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Sysco in September 2009.

Sell me this pen, talk about features, advantages, and bennifits. This question is design for one purpose only. Ask questions to find out what the consumer is actually looking for. Many approach this as " i have the best pen on the market it writes well, ink color, blah, blah. Ask questions to find out what the consumer is actually looking for, then sell the pen

Business Process Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sysco in June 2011.

Easier to get in the door if you have an employee referral. In a big hiring mode due to transformation efforts that are taking place. Applied online for two positions. I was not selected about 1 week later for one job because I was overqualified. I was called by a recruiter for the other job and did the initial phone screen. Midway through process I was handed off to new recruiter. Then had initial phone interview with hiring manager.
    2nd round was with 3 different people from the department at different levels for fit. Questions were not hard and very typical. Had a follow up phone interview with hiring manager.

Yes. I actually had another offer from a different company so I had some leverage. They are flexible. Make them wait and week. I did and the up the offer by $5k and gave me a sign-on bonus to expediate my decision.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sysco in July 2011.

They called first to setup an phone interview with the HR rep. After that I had to take an advances excel and access test. Excel hands on and access multiple choice. After that I was notified for an onsite interview with 3 individuals. Interviews went great but it did take me 4 hours. Overall good first impression.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when the decision you make didnt result on whcat you expected. How did you handle it.   Answer Question
    They are pretty firm on the salary offers.