Sysco

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

4.0

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco in January 2014.

I applied online and was excited to receive an email informing me that I will get a phone interview. The woman on the phone was nice and the interview was very basic. After the phone interview, I was informed that I would get a face to face with the area sales manager. I met him at the local Panera Bread. We talked for about an hour and after, he scheduled for me to meet with his boss. After the first two interviews, I figured that the third would be cake walk. It was nothing of the sort. I was blindsided by how tough the interview was. I thought that I had completely lost all hope of getting hired, however, near the very end of the interview, I was able to turn it around and get a final interview. Now walking into the final interview, I feel that the recruiters that were in this interview had their mind made up from the start that I was not going to get this job. i immediately had to go on the defensive trying to defend my prior work history industry. All in all, I feel I had to jump through too many hoops and at the end felt I was being attacked.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to sell one of those red "that was easy" buttons from staples to the HR manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sysco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sysco.

initial interview with DSM then you are directed to interview called TRIO with upper management. TRIO is quite long and somewhat difficult, depending on who is interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall--the length of time spent interviewing back to back with 3 people was most difficult part for me.   Answer Question
    DId not negotiate--got what seemed fair.

Sales Representative Interview

Just apply; foodservice operating background is very helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sysco in July 2009.

Interviewed first with the District manager, who then referred me to the Corporate staff. I interviewed with the Sales Manager, the VP of HR, and the VP of Sales. Interview process was about 10-15 behavioral interview questions.

Quickly, within a week, I received a letter thanking me for my time, but they had no current position available that fit my "talents".

Interview Questions
    • Name for me a time when you had to bend or break the rules, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question