Syska Hennessy Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Syska Hennessy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syska Hennessy.

The people interviewing me were completely unprepared. They kept apologizing for everything they hadn't done, which only made things more annoying. It was an absolute insult to have wasted my day for such amateurs. Through the course of the limited dialogue it became clear that Syska is a place for the average. They couldn't lead the way out of a paper bag. I made no effort to follow up. No regrets.

Interview Questions
    • Syska was completely unable to answer my questions about current industry trends, markets, and how their company is adapting and responding them. Even worse, they didn't want to hear about anything that has happened in the last fifty years. The whole Q&A portion lasted about two minutes as a result.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy.

interviewed at their location

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in January 2010.

I was hired full time by the firm but assigned as a Consultant immediately after hiring. I went to the job site and all questions were related particularly to the work. It was mostly technical questions. I had to demonstrate knowledge of the work and the software i would be using

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle pressure? This job requires you to address the needs of the client. The client are stockbrockers and traders. They are unique and very demanding. You may be required to work on the trading floor under difficult areas. How would you handle?   View Answer
    i didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in March 2011.

Interview was fair and straightforward. I got to speak with upper management of each of the companies divisions within the new york office. Each employee I spoke with was enthusiastic and no overwhelming questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • What coursework in school would you be able to apply to this position?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in September 2009.

i was called in for an interview, after submitting an application through their website. the interview lasted about two hours, I met with 4 engineers and the group director who walked in and out of the room for no apparent reason. the interview felt more like an interrogation than anything else. we discussed technical aspects of engineering, codes and work ethic. overall i thought the interview went fairly well, but i never heard from the company again.

Engineer Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in October 2010.

There was an initial interview with two people followed by an interview with a large group of people where I presented previous design work i had completed. overall the interview process was smooth and fair. They were willing to accommodate my schedule. I did not feel pressured, though the large number of people interviewing me did make me a little uncertain about the position I was being considered for.

Engineer Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in November 2009.

Interview was straight forward, 1 on 1 interview. Questions asked was specific to professional knowledge and skills. Advice is to be in touch with latest technology and latest trends of MEP fields.

Interview Questions
    • Can you jump from projects to projects to meet clients' deadline?   Answer Question

Worked for Syska Hennessy? Contribute to the Community!