Syska Hennessy

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Syska Hennessy.

Interview Details – The people interviewing me were completely unprepared. They kept apologizing for everything they hadn't done, which only made things more annoying. It was an absolute insult to have wasted my day for such amateurs. Through the course of the limited dialogue it became clear that Syska is a place for the average. They couldn't lead the way out of a paper bag. I made no effort to follow up. No regrets.

Interview Question – Syska was completely unable to answer my questions about current industry trends, markets, and how their company is adapting and responding them. Even worse, they didn't want to hear about anything that has happened in the last fifty years. The whole Q&A portion lasted about two minutes as a result.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy.

Interview Details – interviewed at their location

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired full time by the firm but assigned as a Consultant immediately after hiring. I went to the job site and all questions were related particularly to the work. It was mostly technical questions. I had to demonstrate knowledge of the work and the software i would be using

Interview Question – How do you handle pressure? This job requires you to address the needs of the client. The client are stockbrockers and traders. They are unique and very demanding. You may be required to work on the trading floor under difficult areas. How would you handle?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was fair and straightforward. I got to speak with upper management of each of the companies divisions within the new york office. Each employee I spoke with was enthusiastic and no overwhelming questions were asked.

Interview Question – What coursework in school would you be able to apply to this position?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in September 2009.

Interview Details – i was called in for an interview, after submitting an application through their website. the interview lasted about two hours, I met with 4 engineers and the group director who walked in and out of the room for no apparent reason. the interview felt more like an interrogation than anything else. we discussed technical aspects of engineering, codes and work ethic. overall i thought the interview went fairly well, but i never heard from the company again.

Interview Question – are you willing to work until 10pm?   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview with two people followed by an interview with a large group of people where I presented previous design work i had completed. overall the interview process was smooth and fair. They were willing to accommodate my schedule. I did not feel pressured, though the large number of people interviewing me did make me a little uncertain about the position I was being considered for.

Interview Question – What do you bring to us?   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Syska Hennessy in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was straight forward, 1 on 1 interview. Questions asked was specific to professional knowledge and skills. Advice is to be in touch with latest technology and latest trends of MEP fields.

Interview Question – Can you jump from projects to projects to meet clients' deadline?   Answer Question

Worked for Syska Hennessy? Contribute to the Community!