System Planning Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at System Planning Corporation in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was a two-stage process with an initial phone interview that acted as a screen to verify credentials and competency. The second part was an on-site interview at the office with 8 or so employees of varying levels of experience. There were no specific questions just probes to insure I understood the type of work that they do and my familiarity with the industry.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initially I was offered a very low salary and explained it was outside my expectations. After the significant bump it was still slightly below my desired level and asked for another increase which was denied.

Senior Space Scientist Interview

Senior Space Scientist
Arlington, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at System Planning Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very simple questions concerning my experience in the field of space research.

Interview Question – How many years of experience in space research do you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Also very simple.

Senior Space Scientist Interview

Senior Space Scientist
Arlington, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at System Planning Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by telephone, and then brought from California to Virginia for the one-on-one and group interviews. The issues of the corporate culture presented during my interviews were not based in fact. There is actually only one medical insurance provider and not "several" as I was told. Additionally, there is no room for advancement at SPC, since everyone is "pigeon holed" into a particular category from the day they start until the day they depart.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do I have in satellite systems research?   View Answer
  • Do you know anyone else who might be interested in a position with SPC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would encourage those who now consider applying for a position at SPC to first read the posts on this website, and others, before making any decisions to join the SPC work force.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at System Planning Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the staff members, who recommended me for the position of sr. engineer

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They paid my asking price

Systems Administrative Interview

Systems Administrative
Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at System Planning Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – questions on linux admistration

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at System Planning Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview a couple of times after resume submission. This was followed up by a one-on-one interview with an individual in a lead position and then a "group-interview" with the lead and a junior member.

Interview Question – Describe an achievement recently accomplished at work and how you planned and carried it out.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at System Planning Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – System Planning Corporation made me an offer two weeks after the interview.

Interview Question – What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I've worked for mom and pop companies before. Employment in this type of environment is not conducive to my productivity

Worked for System Planning Corporation? Contribute to the Community!