System Planning Corporation Interview Questions

3.4

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at System Planning Corporation (Arlington, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the staff members, who recommended me for the position of sr. engineer

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave the previous company   1 Answer
    • How many years of experience do I have   1 Answer

Negotiation

They paid my asking price

Systems Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at System Planning Corporation (Fairfax, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

questions on linux admistration

Senior Space Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at System Planning Corporation (Arlington, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was first interviewed by telephone, and then brought from California to Virginia for the one-on-one and group interviews. The issues of the corporate culture presented during my interviews were not based in fact. There is actually only one medical insurance provider and not "several" as I was told. Additionally, there is no room for advancement at SPC, since everyone is "pigeon holed" into a particular category from the day they start until the day they depart.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do I have in satellite systems research?   1 Answer
    • Do you know anyone else who might be interested in a position with SPC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would encourage those who now consider applying for a position at SPC to first read the posts on this website, and others, before making any decisions to join the SPC work force.

Senior Space Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at System Planning Corporation (Arlington, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

Very simple questions concerning my experience in the field of space research.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in space research do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Also very simple.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at System Planning Corporation (Arlington, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

It was a two-stage process with an initial phone interview that acted as a screen to verify credentials and competency. The second part was an on-site interview at the office with 8 or so employees of varying levels of experience. There were no specific questions just probes to insure I understood the type of work that they do and my familiarity with the industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initially I was offered a very low salary and explained it was outside my expectations. After the significant bump it was still slightly below my desired level and asked for another increase which was denied.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at System Planning Corporation in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview a couple of times after resume submission. This was followed up by a one-on-one interview with an individual in a lead position and then a "group-interview" with the lead and a junior member.

Interview Questions

• Describe an achievement recently accomplished at work and how you planned and carried it out.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at System Planning Corporation in September 2009.

Interview

System Planning Corporation made me an offer two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

I've worked for mom and pop companies before. Employment in this type of environment is not conducive to my productivity