Systems Evolution

Updated Feb 28, 2015
Updated Feb 28, 2015

3.2

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Systems Evolution.

Lunch at a restaurant with staff members. Was supposed to have a second interview that day with a mother staff member at a different location in a hotel lobby.

Experienced Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Systems Evolution in January 2015.

I submitted my resume via SEI's Jobvite portal. I got a quick response from one of the recruiters and asked to schedule a phone screen. The recruiter was quite cordial and was easy to talk with. The interview questions were very standard. I liked SEI's philosophy and as such wanted to be part of their family. Unfortunately within a couple of days I got a rejection. Will try again some other time..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself ?
      What's your passion?
      Why do you want to join SEI?

Answer Question

The Gauntlet Indeed Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Systems Evolution in September 2014.

I interviewed with 9 people before being given an offer. The process is very indepth to ensure that each hire is the right one. Think of it more as a conversation that goes into greater and greater detail the further along you go in the process.

It was very rewarding and confirmatory.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really threw me for a loop, but there were some good questions about how I'd handle a situation where I was thrown into an industry I had no experience in, or how I'd grow a client opportunity.

They weren't difficult per se, but they definitely showed a desire to focus not just on delivery but on business development and your flexibility in potentially difficult situations.

Answer Question
    Negotiations were straight forward. I knew my comp structure without having to ask and it was presented in such a fashion saying "this is what it is, we hope this won't be an issue. let's move forward with the interview process".

Frankly I found it refreshing and unprecedented in all of the companies I've interviewed with over the past 18 years.

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Systems Evolution.

The interview process consists of 8-12 interviews, all of which are conducted over coffee, lunch, or happy hour which allows for a much more relaxed setting. Aside from one interview with the Managing Director, all other interviews are with various consultants within the company. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process because it gave me plenty of time to leave the interview, think about the position and have additional opportunities to ask other questions I thought of. Throughout the interview process you can easily tell the employees there are happy and enjoy working for SEI and thoroughly support the company.

In addition, it was nice meeting 10 or so people prior to taking the job, that way at the first employee staff meeting it was not as awkward because I already knew so many people.

Meeting various consultants that had been with SEI for various amounts of time with all different backgrounds was also refreshing as I did not come from the consulting world.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall a question that completely caught me by surprise, all of the questions were justified - why I wanted to make the career change, why consulting, my future career goals, what I could contribute to the company, my career history, etc.   Answer Question

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Systems Evolution.

Interview process is very thorough, having anywhere from 8-10 interviews along the way. The purpose of the process is to first assess your skills, but most importantly if you are a fit to the culture and their model. The best way to get into the interview process is to be referred into the process.

Interview Questions
    • There are many probing questions along the many interviews experienced by the candidate. The questions you get from one interview to another build upon the information provided in previous interviews, but after your skills are validated in the first few interviews, the focus turns to the fit of the candidate into the model and culture of the organization.   Answer Question

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Systems Evolution in April 2014.

Amateur Hour - I was pursued on LinkedIn and invited to interview. My first phone interview was short and pleasant and I was passed on for additional interviews. After reading the company reviews, interview comments, and the company website I knew what was ahead of me. The second interview was disappointing and underwhelming, it was obvious there was no review of my background and the interviewer was listening to respond, not to understand. The third interview was pleasant, this interviewer clearly reviewed more of my background. I got the impression from all three interviews, this was clearly more staff augmentation type work rather than "consulting", a high paying "temp" job. There is virtually no on-boarding process (1 day) with this company. Appeared to offer a good work/life balance. All interviewers reiterated they were always hiring and looking for good candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Systems Evolution in April 2014.

Grueling but rewarding interview process referred to as the Gauntlet. Had 7 separate interviews with consultants and the market director where I got to know fellow consultants on a professional and personal level. The interview process gives a full understanding of the culture and the company. If you make it through the interview process then you know 100% that you belong at SEI

Interview Questions
    • No question stood out. The most difficult part is the number of inteviews.   Answer Question

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Systems Evolution in March 2014.

I was contacted by the Managing Director twice indicating he liked my LinkedIn profile and wanted to meet with me regarding Systems Evolution. I was called by their home office and accepted a time for a phone call with the Managing Director.

When it came time for the call I was contacted by another consultant who indicated that there was a scheduling conflict and he would be talking to me. We had a nice conversation and I thought it ended well. He asked me if I would like to move forward and if I would be interested in meeting for coffee. I said I would and he told me I should be contacted by a scheduling person from the home office in the next few days.

After not hearing from someone after a few days i called the scheduling person back to make sure I had not missed a call or email from them. They said that they were just trying to grab time for the next week and coordinate the Managing Directors email and would contact me by the EOD of day or the next business day. The next business day received and email indicating they were not interested in moving forward.

My only issue is that there an indication that we will be moving forward and then a canned email informing me that my "application" was not moving forward. I did not apply, I was searched out with a certain amount of intensity. If they were not interested there should have been no discussion about coffee and my interest as well as the consultant saying "Well it sounds like you would be a good fit". I am sure they treat their employees better but my experience with them as a "recruit" was unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Systems Evolution.

I was contacted by an employee and invited to interview. I had a phone interview with several employees, all of which went very well. I then met in person with the Managing Director. He offered cryptic responses to my questions and clearly was not interested in getting to know me as a potential employee. His persona was very stoic...I can only guess this was an interview tactic to see how I would react. The entire interview was strange...left me with a negative impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary...actually, he did not ask many questions at all   Answer Question

Business and Technology Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Systems Evolution.

Must go through many interviews with varying objectives. First is for them to discuss the company and begin determining your fit in their culture. Continued interviews are still very focused on fit with some more pointed questions regarding your skills and how you handle various situations. Looking for collaboration and willingness to do extra to support company growth. Also looking for "Rock Star" consultants. Seasoned aka older consultants (over 50) do not seem to fit the image they are looking for.