Systems In Motion

Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.7

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Systems In Motion in October 2014.

Email to setup a phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter does coding challenge with a candidate. If recruiter passes the candidate, then they send a coding challenge with any language. Then, in-person interview with HR and technical interview (Coding challenge and multiple questions).

Interview Questions
    • Very young man was doing the interview and he asked if I can write the whole code on the board regarding a problem. He then asked me to imagine a writing a code in my sleep.   Answer Question

Not enough money and no overtime. I had questions and HR wasn't able to my questions and they didn't seem very optimistic with their reply.

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Systems In Motion.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter for this position which would be based out of the Ann Arbor office. I had a technical interview and was contacted within a few days after and was informed that they wanted me for this position and the next step was a behavioral interview with HR.

I met with HR, got a tour of the office by the recruiter and was told they planned to move quickly and asked how soon I could start. I was told the job was mine and that I'd hear back within a few days. A few days went by and I didn't hear anything so I followed up, reassured again the job was mine but there was a delay because "the executives had to meet" and I'd hear back by the end of the week. When I didn't hear back by then I of course followed up again and at that time I was told the job was originally based out of California and also the budget for the position had to be approved. I was rather perplexed at this point considering that sort of thing is done before you start the interview process.

At this time I was informed by my current employer that they wanted to extend my contract and wanted to know my intent. I informed SIM of this so they were aware that I needed to provide my employer with an answer. Considering how they expressed strongly about moving quickly and their repeated desire to hire me I thought I'd receive a response soon. More time went by and I didn't hear back. I followed up the following week, by now I had to get an answer to my employer, they were very courteous to extend me a few more days because they knew I had a pending offer but my time ran out.

I sent one last follow-up email to the recruiter letting them know that I would need an offer letter and start date otherwise I will have no choice but to renew my contract, it was a very fair request. I received a very short response thirty minutes later stating their client decided to base the position out of Minneapolis, MN.

After weeks of going through the motions with this process, being told I have the job several times, being asked many times how soon I could start (which I said I would give a two week notice to my employer) and then the various different reasons for the delay, to find out that this position will be based out of another location calls into question many things about Systems In Motion.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was really easy, in fact almost too easy and I believe this is because they had a pressing need to fulfill for a client. The technical interview was really short and the behavioral interview with HR was typical situation based questions.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Systems In Motion in February 2014.

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by an in person interview with an HR Specialist and a technical interview for Java. HR asked some behavioral questions and wasn't even smiling setting an uncomfortable environment. Technical Recruiter was ok. Asked Java questions and coding sessions on whiteboard. At the end of the day, I email the recruiter and does not respond to email and just leave you wondering how your interview went or what the next process is. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you have to use logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Systems In Motion in February 2014.

I sent my resume to HR at campus career fair and then asked to do a 2.5 hours interview which included one hour technical interview+half hour behavior interview+java test. The java test is the most challenge part and it is really hard to finish on time.

Interview Questions
    • Anagram, fibonacci
      Java basic: abstract class vs interface, java garbage collection, static keyword, final keyword

Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because this is the only one offer

Software Engineer Interview

Short personality interview, shorter technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you thought you were right, but ended up being wrong.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Systems In Motion.

Submitted resume to HR Generalist and received an email to schedule a pre-screen phone interview for later that same week. After the pre-screening was asked to come in for two panel interviews; one with Human Resources and one with the Recruiting Team. Was given a tour after the interview and was asked to take a skills test that night. Received a congratulations call about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time in which you had to not finish a task because of a lack of information. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Systems In Motion in October 2012.

There were three phone interviews over the course of one weekend, and then two face to face interviews at their Ann Arbor location, back to back on the same day. This process was quick, and I've read other reviews from when the company first opened a location here, but the technical questions I was asked in regards to .Net, which is what I was being hired there to do, were fairly in depth.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't run into anything that I felt would trip me or anyone else up. It was all very straight forward.   Answer Question
    They actually gave me the pay I asked for, and then three weeks of vacation time (a week more than I asked for) and $2000 of relocation reimbursement (which I didn't ask for at all), and then benefits on top of all of that. The benefits are actually affordable and cover quite a bit before the deductible as well.

Java Front-end Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Systems In Motion in December 2011.

They contacted me after seeing my profile on dice. They asked me what I was expecting. I gave them the range. The range seemed okay to them.

There was a technical interview where I solved some problems on the board and some technical questions.

Then there a a java test (multiple choice) around 50 questions. The java test was similar to what a java certified professional would give.

Applications Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Systems In Motion in February 2011.

Interviewed for a job as a quality assurance manager and software methodology trainer. The VP I interviewed with was very conflicted about where the company should be going with software methodology, and sees absolutely no use in design documentation.. I'm a CMMI expert with 31 years of software development experience. They were looking for someone who knows both CMMI and Agile methodology, which is a very rare combination. I couldn't convince him that Agile is the easier piece to pick up for a seasoned profressional, although it's true.

Interview Questions
    • How would you apply the CMMI model to the Agile software development methodology.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Systems In Motion in November 2009.

I don't think they continue following these guidelines, but I was interviewed through Michigan Works. There was a video interview (pre-recorded questions), a phone interview with a QA manager, and a 1:1 interview with a HR person.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate. The position was offered as part of MI Works "No Worker Left Behind". Funding for training at EMU facilities was provided by the state. Training was unpaid, after which positions were offered for entry-level QA Associates.