Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Program Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc.

Initial communications with recruiters were pleasant. Set up an interview to meet with 4 people in various groups. Spoke with HR about benefits and hiring processes. Talked about current clearance levels. Not a high pressure sales interview. Very low key.

Interview Questions
    • Can you be committed long term to the company? Do you plan on leaving in a year?   Answer Question
    It didn't exist. Very much a take it or leave it

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by a senior engineer in response to my resume posting on Craigslist. The process took between 2-3 weeks. I had an initial phone interview with him. An HR rep contacted me to setup a last minute in-office interview. He failed to mention that there would be a technical portion but I actually ended up doing fine on that portion. The in-office interview consisted of 6 sections. 1st I meet with the Head of HR to learn more about the company. Then I meet with an engineer to demonstrate my problem solving abilities with a fault analysis problem. Then I individually met 2 senior engineers who asked behavioral questions. After that, I met with the VP of the division for more career oriented questions regarding the path I want to take. He seemed like a very genuine and likable guy. I also had time to meet with a project manager to see if that is a direction that I would like to follow. Finally I returned back to the head of HR for a conclusive meeting. They made me an offer a few days later.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc.

Contacted via recruiter on my phone. Was told it would be a technical-ish interview but wasn't. The position was programming-based, they required the development of a very specific tool to be used by analysts. Mostly behavioral questions in both phone and in-person interview, know how to speak confidently. Technical questions were very easy, no real preparation required (though this was probably because of where specifically I worked, the tool doesn't require any advanced programming knowledge).

Interview Questions
    • How would you do go across this table filling in values with corresponding values in this chart? (easy). How would you verify that you did this correctly (a little trickier).   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc in March 2010.

It's a standard online application followed my 5 mini-interviews. These mini-interviews were about 10 minutes long and focused mostly on past jobs. They were pretty much the same interview 5 times, so by the time you get to the last one,you're pretty mentally tired.

Interview Questions
    I did not try to negotiate, so I'm not sure how it would have been. As an intern, I'd assume the pay was non-negotiable.