T. D. Williamson Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 19, 2014
15 interviews

2.9

Senior Technical Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. D. Williamson.

First step was a phone interview with the recruiter. He then sent me a technical writing test that included MS Word formatting and a few images to arrange into instructions. I was then called into an onsite interview. I was first given a tour of the facility, then I sat down with four people to begin the interview. I was asked to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on my skills and qualifications. Then I was asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The difference between a pixelated file and a vector file.   Answer Question
    I would advise learning about the culture of the company before accepting an offer.

Mechanical Engineer Co-op Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in May 2012.

I had one interview with a panel of about 5 engineers. They asked me about my ability to handle group situation including how I dealt with difficult team members. They asked me about my familiarity with GD&T and tolerance stacks. They also asked about my grades and my hobbies outside of school.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there were any questions that were unexpected.   Answer Question
    They called me a couple weeks after the interview and offered me the job. I immediately accepted. They had me come in the next day to fill out paperwork and do a drug test.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in February 2013.

A company recruiter contacted me after finding my resume posted on line.
    We setup a time and did a pretty easy phone interview and they asked the typical questions about what I currently earn and what I expect to get. I answered honestly.
    I got a call back a couple of days asking if would still be interested even if they would only potentially after over 10000 less then my current salary. I declined to move on.

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in July 2012.

The interview process starts out with a phone interview that lasted roughly 45 minutes. The phone interview went over everything from HR/behavioral type questions to technical questions and everything in between. After passing this round, there was a face to face interview that lasted an hour. In this interview a lot of what was said in the phone interview was re-hashed, but additional questions were presented. The position was advertised as an entry level position, but the overall impression I got was that more knowledge would be required than what an individual just out of college would be expected to be able to display. Had I passed this round of the interview process, there would have been a 30 minute presentation about myself, education, and skills that would be given to a group of employees/management. I did not make it this far in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question was particularly difficult, but the depth and breadth of knowledge that was expected from the individual seemed quite high for an entry level position. I was asked questions about courses I had taken, what type of experience I had obtained in other positions and how that would apply to this particular position, etc. I understand that there would be multiple tasks that would be worked on, but the impression I got was that the company wanted the future employee to have all of the knowledge right away, and that there would not be any time for any learning curve.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in April 2011.

Resumes were taken at the Career Fair at Brigham Young University. Each person that had their resume that was selected was sent a 2-3 page questionnaire. If the questionnaire was accepted, than an interview was offered at which the interviewee was asked to give a presentation to a group which consisted of the Engineering manager, and other engineers. The presentation included things like what classes the interviewee had taken, projects worked on, previous job experience. After the presentation was a Q and A session then a short one on one with the engineering manager describing more details fo the job if interviewee was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Which of your classes did you find most interesting and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you planning on getting a graduate degree and what in?   Answer Question
    Since its a internship/co-op position there is no negotiation room and one is just thankful to have the experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in March 2012.

They had an HR rep screen me on the phone before setting up a three hour interview including a tour of the facilities. They had me prepare and give a powerpoint presentation on myself and my career. They asked some technical questions, including to write a function that solves the quadratic equation.

They didn't make me an offer. Evidently some of them wanted to, but not everyone was on board. I think I could have enjoyed myself there, they seem like great people. Hopefully they find the right candidate.

Field Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in December 2010.

It was fast

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in May 2009.

Sat down in an office with the Software Engineering Manger and Software Engineering lead and they went through my resume line by line and asked me to describe situations that back up what it said. It was very casual and comfortable. Then they asked me to approach the white board and code the quadratic formula in the language of my choice.

Interview Questions
    • Approach the white board and sketch out a function that returns the roots of a quadratic equation.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Veracruz, Veracruz (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Veracruz, Veracruz (Mexico)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in December 2012.

One week, 2 interviews and i was hired

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. D. Williamson in August 2013.

I got a call within few days from filling online application. We had a phone call for about 70-80 minutes done by HR. During the interview, we basically went through CV, and discuss how each experience (education, work) affects (=makes me good candidate) the profile company was looking for. Most of the interview was in English.

Interview Questions
    • About salary ;) Meaning, they really wanted to know exactly how much you wanted to earn, which bonuses, and how those affect the final amount, gross, net. We spent aournd 7-10 min on this topic even though it was just first interview.   Answer Question

Worked for T. D. Williamson? Contribute to the Community!