T.G.I. Friday's

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

Interview Details – So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous work?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hostess

I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

Interview Details – They were quick with the interview and it was extreamly easy! Just b urself.

Interview Question – there was never anything difficult.   Answer Question

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and I was called to schedule an interview the same day. I had two interviews one with the Host Manager and one with the General Manager. The first interview took hours because I had to wait a very long time while he interviewed someone else and then I had to fill out a 100 question personality test before I actually spoke with the manager and answered questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no experience at the time so I didn't negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Garland, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with general manager and take personality test.

Interview Question – Personality questions repeated themselves   Answer Question

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – I applied online and recieved a phone call the same day. I scheduled an interview with the manager and was told to come in that week. I arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the host. I was interviewed by the store manager and general manager at the same time- was really stressful. After a series of questions about my experience, they started telling me about the job and what was expected of me. Interview lasted less than an hour and I was given a job offer before I left.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you instead of the other applicants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2011.

Interview Details – pretty straightforward, walk in request application. Only come in to ask during non-busy hours! Mon-Thursday only! be polite while waiting the team members are not afraid to tell the manager not to hire someone because you were rude etc... Fill the application out in house so if the manager has free time you could potentially do an interview then.

if they are interested they will call you back, don't be afraid to call back the next day after filling out application.

interview will consist of a few questions but ultimately a test is taken to know if you should or shouldn't be hired. On the test make sure to answer all on the side of working hard, going above and beyond what you are asked to, never stops to take a break sort of answers.

if you pass the test you will then have an interview with the GM. by then you have pretty much passed.

Interview Question – when there was a problem do you try to solve it yourself or go to your manager?   Answer Question

Rosemead, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – Well, i applied on snag-a-job, received a phone call about 3 days later. attended the interview. I went through three rounds of mangers: hostess manager, server manager, and ended with the general manager. All of the questions involved customer service experiences, what you can contribute to the job, and problem solving. If you get to the general manager, you basically have the job. Another plus, was that the restaurant hadn't opened yet, so they really needed to hire a lot of people. The restaurant is now open, and they still have openings for severs. Go apply on snag a job!

Interview Question – What can you contribute to the restaurant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation, its stated in the application that you will be receiving minimum wage: 8.00/hr

Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Three interviews. First with kitchen manager, second with bar manager, third with general manager. General "what would you do" questions; how I handled certain situations, etc.

Interview Question – Every question was average/easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "You're pretty much hired..."

Very Easy Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. It was kind of long.
I got a phone call in the morning asking if I was still looking for a job and if so would I like to come in for an interview.
My interview started a late and there was someone who had to be interviewed before me. While I waited I chatted with the host there. He told me that the job was and I would probably get it.
There wasn't really any interview questions. I was asked about my previous work experience and availability. The interviewer explained that the job was really easy, I would be trained on the technical stuff but it was important that I was upbeat and smiley. The person who was supposed to make the final decision wasn't in so I had to come back for a second interview.

In the second interview I was asked if I had any restaurant experience. I got a more detailed info on the pay wage, job description. At the end he asked if I had any questions. I couldn't think of any so he explained that there would be a orientation and I would be filling out paperwork at that time.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Goodyear, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interiew was schedule after I called many times and brough a resume to the store. First interview is with the front of the house manager, second with general manager. What they are both looking for is a great personality and excellent customer service skills are crucial. Now, applications have to be submitted online ONLY and a resume can be uploaded. After that, call the store and ask to speak with the general manager.

Interview Question – Desrcibe your personality?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay, always ask how much the pay is. Especially when you have a family.

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!