T.G.I. Friday's Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.0

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Application is online. First interview they just ask you about your work experience and tell you about the job and ask about things on your resume. They also ask about your flexibility especially during the holiday season. Second interview they pretty much tell you more about the position and tell you about your hours and your training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through snaga job received a call for an interview about a week later. First interview was the basic which was about me ,past experience ,& was informed about the job and duties I was told on the spot that I will continue to the 2nd interview which was pretty much the same talked about my avalability previous work experience...I was told on the spot to attend the 3rd interview which was dull and pointless I didn't see a point in 3interviews all of this could've been handled within one day...that interview I was ask what would I do in certain situations...wasn't offered a position before I left she said she would call later in the week she didn't so I called...she had me on hold for about 10mins than hung up on me I called back a man answered and he claim he was going to call back...this was all a waste of time and traveling fare .

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (City of Industry, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, they only wanted a good conversation about yourself, they didn't really ask interview questions, just personal questions about school and what your interests are such as sports or activities

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later asking to call in and make an interview appointment. I went in and waited about 15 minutes to be interviewed. Once the GM came, we sat in the Bar area along with another manager and proceeded with the interview process. After it was all finished, I was asked to come in later that day to have another interview with the shift manager. Came back and hand an interview with this new manager. Asked basic questions along with my availability and what not. He then told me that he had to go in the back to ask the manager I interviewed with earlier some questions regarding the training schedule. He came back in less than 10 minutes and said that by the next week they would know the schedule and would call me. Next week came and they never called, so I called, spoke to the GM again, where he said that he would call me back later that day, never ended up happening. This process of calling and them never calling back or giving a straight answer happened for 3 more weeks; I finally just didn't bother anymore

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

Interview

So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (North Miami Beach, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

There are two interviews. You meet with the hiring major first and then the general manager. The general manager will then let you know if you will be offered the position, will discuss the next steps with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

I applied online and recieved a phone call the same day. I scheduled an interview with the manager and was told to come in that week. I arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the host. I was interviewed by the store manager and general manager at the same time- was really stressful. After a series of questions about my experience, they started telling me about the job and what was expected of me. Interview lasted less than an hour and I was given a job offer before I left.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other applicants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

Well, i applied on snag-a-job, received a phone call about 3 days later. attended the interview. I went through three rounds of mangers: hostess manager, server manager, and ended with the general manager. All of the questions involved customer service experiences, what you can contribute to the job, and problem solving. If you get to the general manager, you basically have the job. Another plus, was that the restaurant hadn't opened yet, so they really needed to hire a lot of people. The restaurant is now open, and they still have openings for severs. Go apply on snag a job!

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the restaurant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, its stated in the application that you will be receiving minimum wage: 8.00/hr