T.G.I. Friday's Hostess Interview Questions

2.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied online and recieved a phone call the same day. I scheduled an interview with the manager and was told to come in that week. I arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the host. I was interviewed by the store manager and general manager at the same time- was really stressful. After a series of questions about my experience, they started telling me about the job and what was expected of me. Interview lasted less than an hour and I was given a job offer before I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you instead of the other applicants?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Well, i applied on snag-a-job, received a phone call about 3 days later. attended the interview. I went through three rounds of mangers: hostess manager, server manager, and ended with the general manager. All of the questions involved customer service experiences, what you can contribute to the job, and problem solving. If you get to the general manager, you basically have the job. Another plus, was that the restaurant hadn't opened yet, so they really needed to hire a lot of people. The restaurant is now open, and they still have openings for severs. Go apply on snag a job!

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to the restaurant?   View Answer
    there was no negotiation, its stated in the application that you will be receiving minimum wage: 8.00/hr

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2013.

I applied online. It was kind of long.
    I got a phone call in the morning asking if I was still looking for a job and if so would I like to come in for an interview.
    My interview started a late and there was someone who had to be interviewed before me. While I waited I chatted with the host there. He told me that the job was and I would probably get it.
    There wasn't really any interview questions. I was asked about my previous work experience and availability. The interviewer explained that the job was really easy, I would be trained on the technical stuff but it was important that I was upbeat and smiley. The person who was supposed to make the final decision wasn't in so I had to come back for a second interview.

In the second interview I was asked if I had any restaurant experience. I got a more detailed info on the pay wage, job description. At the end he asked if I had any questions. I couldn't think of any so he explained that there would be a orientation and I would be filling out paperwork at that time.

No negotiating.

Hostess Interview

interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

They were quick with the interview and it was extreamly easy! Just b urself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

Three interviews. First with kitchen manager, second with bar manager, third with general manager. General "what would you do" questions; how I handled certain situations, etc.

Interview Questions
    "You're pretty much hired..."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

I had an interview with a kitchen manager, which is so nice person. Asked me about work experience, my great weaknesses and strength, then told me about the time of the next interview with a general manager who asked the same questions, after that i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What means hospitality for you?   View Answer
    • why do you wanna work at the restaurant with food?   View Answer
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2011.

I applied online and was called in for an interview about 3 days later. I went in two days later and met with the kitchen manager. He mostly just clarified my experience, and then asked if I had any questions for him. I didn't get a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2011.

Interview with general manager and take personality test.