T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch.
    Overall good experience.

Restaurant FOH Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Very simple, do some tests, then a personality test. If everything fits you get an offer. Everything was completed online so not much one on one time to make you nervous. Mostly just waiting for emails to arrive. The DO is very kind and knows what she is doing and looking for when it comes to managers.

Interview Questions
    • How to deliver the brand promise of in here its always Friday.   Answer Question
    Simple

Server/Waiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question
    When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Server Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later asking to call in and make an interview appointment. I went in and waited about 15 minutes to be interviewed. Once the GM came, we sat in the Bar area along with another manager and proceeded with the interview process. After it was all finished, I was asked to come in later that day to have another interview with the shift manager. Came back and hand an interview with this new manager. Asked basic questions along with my availability and what not. He then told me that he had to go in the back to ask the manager I interviewed with earlier some questions regarding the training schedule. He came back in less than 10 minutes and said that by the next week they would know the schedule and would call me. Next week came and they never called, so I called, spoke to the GM again, where he said that he would call me back later that day, never ended up happening. This process of calling and them never calling back or giving a straight answer happened for 3 more weeks; I finally just didn't bother anymore

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2014.

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions
    its a server position, there is no negotiating.