T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Application is online. First interview they just ask you about your work experience and tell you about the job and ask about things on your resume. They also ask about your flexibility especially during the holiday season. Second interview they pretty much tell you more about the position and tell you about your hours and your training.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived to my interview 10 minutes early and was greeted by the hostess. She had me take a seat to the side and said the manager would be right with me. 5 minutes later, another lady approached me and asked what could she do for me. I told her I was expected by the hiring manager for my upcoming interview. She told me that he was running late and that he would be right with me. Another 5 minutes later, the same lady returned and said she would be conducting my interview. During the interview, she told me that she was the service manager and sometimes conducts interviews when the restaurant manager is unable to make it. I could tell that she wasn't prepared to interview me because she showed up with a blank piece of paper and just stared at me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. Do you have any experience as a server?
      3. When was the last time you came to Friday's as a guest?
      4. How long do you see yourself working here?

1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Three step process. I walked in because I saw on a website they were hiring bartenders, and got an interview on the spot (DO IT THIS WAY, WHEREVER YOU WANNA WORK - IT WORKS!!). I initially interviewed with I think the front of house manager, then the back of house manager directly after, and then finally the general manager. After the first interview I was given an online application to fill out in the restaurant, and then a personality quiz to make sure I'm not a psycho. Questions involved bartending specific stuff, general sales stuff, and customer service stuff. Besides questions it was just general information about how the position works and what TGIF is all about.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fridays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through snaga job received a call for an interview about a week later. First interview was the basic which was about me ,past experience ,& was informed about the job and duties I was told on the spot that I will continue to the 2nd interview which was pretty much the same talked about my avalability previous work experience...I was told on the spot to attend the 3rd interview which was dull and pointless I didn't see a point in 3interviews all of this could've been handled within one day...that interview I was ask what would I do in certain situations...wasn't offered a position before I left she said she would call later in the week she didn't so I called...she had me on hold for about 10mins than hung up on me I called back a man answered and he claim he was going to call back...this was all a waste of time and traveling fare .

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (City of Industry, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, they only wanted a good conversation about yourself, they didn't really ask interview questions, just personal questions about school and what your interests are such as sports or activities

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch.
    Overall good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays.

Restaurant FOH Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Very simple, do some tests, then a personality test. If everything fits you get an offer. Everything was completed online so not much one on one time to make you nervous. Mostly just waiting for emails to arrive. The DO is very kind and knows what she is doing and looking for when it comes to managers.

Interview Questions

• How to deliver the brand promise of in here its always Friday.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saratoga Springs, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Three different interviews. The first was with the Front of House manager. She wanted to know about me and my experience, how I would deal with guests and coworkers.
    The second interview was with the General Manager. He asked questions related to the job (how to interact with guests, seat them, say farewell) because there is a very specific checklist hosts and servers must follow.
    Third interview was a phone interview with the District Manager. Just to get to know you and make sure that you can be professional and friendly on the phone.

Interview Questions

• They asked us how to deal with different types of guests and co-workers.   1 Answer