T.G.I. Friday's

Average Difficulty
89 candidate interviews

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied and was contacted after about 2 weeks. I was asked when a good time for a phone interview would be and gave her a date and time. That day came and went and so I emailed her to try again. Set it up and guess what... that day came and went also with no phone call. It turns out she was on vacation. I emailed her once again and finally did the phone screen. No apologies for either mishap. She sent me a skills and personality test to complete online. The next week I was contacted by her to let me know I would be getting a phone call for my next step. I received a call from a restaurant GM asking me for a day to meet with him at his unit (55 miles from my home) for an interview. At the interview, this GM explained he was asked to do this for his boss but did not know why. He further explained that he had never done this before and apologized for his inexperience. After this interview, which did not go well, I walked away asking myself, "What Just happened?" The next day, I received a form email thanking me for my time but I was not going to be considered for the positiion. I sent an email to their home office asking if this was typical of their process. I received a phone call from an HR rep and was asked to explain my experience. Later that day, I received a phone call from the recruiter and got more of an excuse than an apology, and was told the district manager would be contacting me. When he did call me, I received an apology and we set up a time to meet. Because of the amount of time that had already passed, the position I had applied for was already filled but he would see what he could do. He said he would call me within one week to let me know about a decision. He never did so 3 days after the deadline HE set, I called him. To no surprise, he told me that I would not be joining the company. This whole fiasco took just over 3 months to complete! After all of this, I wonder if this is normal or just a cluster of bad circumstances.

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process began with a phone interview. An online assessment containing a personality test and IQ test was taken. An interview with the VP of operations. Then an in-person interview with a psychologist from the assessment agency. Finally an interview with the SVP of Ops, VP of HR, and Preisdent of company.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over someone with the same qualifications?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate the relocation package and salary.

Aurora, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

Interview Details – In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Assistant Restaurant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2009.

Interview Details – Great Interview with General Manager. Not a long process if you are well qualified.

Interview Question – Basic Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good Offer

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was kind of ridiculous. There were 3 interviews: One with the FOH manager, one with the general manager, and one with the owner. They were all fairly easy, didn't ask any unexpected questions. I pretty much knew I got the job after the second interview but I had to talk with the owner. The last two interviews ended up being with me and another girl interviewing at once. We both got the job.

Interview Question – Why T.G.I. Fridays?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Troy, MI

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview, restaurant site interview with GM, interview with district manager

Interview Question – questions were routine;
How long do you plan to work here?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – District manager was late to meeting; very judgemental; and somewhat unprofessional.
Gave an air about self that my experience was not as good as Friday's would be

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived 10 minutes early. Hosts were very friendly and asked if I wanted a drink while I waited. One came and asked me to sit at a booth for the manager. Manager was really laid back and read the questions off of a sheet. They were pretty basic questions but there were 2 I didn't understand and had to bs it. I saw that there were sections for him to rate my answers 1-5. I was too nervous (hadn't had an interview in 2 years) so I didn't come off very fun or outgoing and ended up not getting a call even after coming back for a second interview. I was more interested in working in the back of the house so they could probably sense that.

Interview Question – He grabbed the salt grinder off the table and told me to sell it to him.   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Norwich, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, then received 'pre interview' questions to fill out, after 4 days received an email inviting me to an Audition interview. Arrived, played some team work games, got to know the group (only around 20 of us there) then had 2 minutes to do our party trick/performance/presentation. I did a performance of a song with my guitar, someone did a tap dance and someone else brought along props to do with their life and spoke about them. They then ask you simple questions like 'how do you think your personality will fit in at Fridays?' And 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time'.
That is all done in front of a group, then individually taken away for questions. Simple ones again like 'why fridays?' 'Do you have any holidays planned?' 'How do you plan to get here.'
Still waiting on whether I was successful or not as audition was only yesterday.

Interview Question – 'What would your personality bring to Fridays, how would you fit in?'   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online late at night. Received a call the following morning in which an interview was scheduled a few days in advance. The first interview was short, lasting about 10 minutes. The following interview which was taken place with the GM who would be in charge of the hiring was longer, at about 20 min.

Interview Question – What is your favorite food to cook and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible. They will most likely tell you they will start you out at 8. If you have any previous cooking experience decline and shoot for 9. Or if they tell you 9 based on your moderate to high level of experience, decline and shoot for 10 ect.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Three interviews. First with kitchen manager, second with bar manager, third with general manager. General "what would you do" questions; how I handled certain situations, etc.

Interview Question – Every question was average/easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "You're pretty much hired..."

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!