T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.2

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

Interview

Applied and was contacted after about 2 weeks. I was asked when a good time for a phone interview would be and gave her a date and time. That day came and went and so I emailed her to try again. Set it up and guess what... that day came and went also with no phone call. It turns out she was on vacation. I emailed her once again and finally did the phone screen. No apologies for either mishap. She sent me a skills and personality test to complete online. The next week I was contacted by her to let me know I would be getting a phone call for my next step. I received a call from a restaurant GM asking me for a day to meet with him at his unit (55 miles from my home) for an interview. At the interview, this GM explained he was asked to do this for his boss but did not know why. He further explained that he had never done this before and apologized for his inexperience. After this interview, which did not go well, I walked away asking myself, "What Just happened?" The next day, I received a form email thanking me for my time but I was not going to be considered for the positiion. I sent an email to their home office asking if this was typical of their process. I received a phone call from an HR rep and was asked to explain my experience. Later that day, I received a phone call from the recruiter and got more of an excuse than an apology, and was told the district manager would be contacting me. When he did call me, I received an apology and we set up a time to meet. Because of the amount of time that had already passed, the position I had applied for was already filled but he would see what he could do. He said he would call me within one week to let me know about a decision. He never did so 3 days after the deadline HE set, I called him. To no surprise, he told me that I would not be joining the company. This whole fiasco took just over 3 months to complete! After all of this, I wonder if this is normal or just a cluster of bad circumstances.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2009.

Interview

Great Interview with General Manager. Not a long process if you are well qualified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good Offer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Aurora, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone interview. An online assessment containing a personality test and IQ test was taken. An interview with the VP of operations. Then an in-person interview with a psychologist from the assessment agency. Finally an interview with the SVP of Ops, VP of HR, and Preisdent of company.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone with the same qualifications?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate the relocation package and salary.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Establish rapport 2. Gather information 3. Close It is vitally important to understand these basic steps in order to be successful in your interviewing. Each step carries with it a different focus and emphasis. Each step has its own protocol and requirements. And successful completion of each step is critical if you are to go on to the next step in the process, whether another interview or the actual job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me something about yourself? Why did you apply for this job? Why did you leave your last job? / Why are you planning to leave your present job?   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

They carry out showcases and monitor your involvement and productiveness In each area that they require you to have skills in. If they think you have potential and will work hard you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• To look at a p&l for a company and explain were there was room for improvement.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Merritt Island, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a hiring center in the mall because it was a new store opening. It was basically like an assembly line for hiring people. They were very busy as it was the first new restaurant opening in that area in quite a while. There were representatives form the local store and the corporate headquarters at the hiring center. Everyone was hired here then we went and trained at the store when the construction was comleted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handled an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived to my interview 10 minutes early and was greeted by the hostess. She had me take a seat to the side and said the manager would be right with me. 5 minutes later, another lady approached me and asked what could she do for me. I told her I was expected by the hiring manager for my upcoming interview. She told me that he was running late and that he would be right with me. Another 5 minutes later, the same lady returned and said she would be conducting my interview. During the interview, she told me that she was the service manager and sometimes conducts interviews when the restaurant manager is unable to make it. I could tell that she wasn't prepared to interview me because she showed up with a blank piece of paper and just stared at me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Do you have any experience as a server? 3. When was the last time you came to Friday's as a guest? 4. How long do you see yourself working here?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Concord, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a week ago , got a call for an interview with the beverage manager on Sunday , interviewed me today on Tuesday . Walked in , was seated by the host , given something to drink , and waited about a minute for the manager to sit down with me . Started off with the basics , then proceeded to the questions . Manager seemed genuine in the way that this wasn't just some interview but seemed like he actually cared . Finished the interview with saying he liked me and that he would pass the interview onto his boss tomorrow and that she would be in touch sometime this week if they thought I was a good fit ! Can't wait to see ! I will update later this week !

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite sports team ?   Answer Question
    • When is one time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    • When is one time you made a mistake and how did you fix it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I interviewed with the DO and the GM at their training store. They mostly just asked me about my previous experience and work ethic. Honestly, the DO was very distracted by the conducting the interview in the store. They were prepping for lunch and he was very busy watching what they were doing. He seemed more interested in them than in me. It boiled down to a get-to-know-you chat.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two guys got in each other's faces at the bar and a fight was about to start?   Answer Question