T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

Waiter Interview

They ended up not even doing a hiring process and asked if I would do a test run with a guy who was training as a manager to do interviews. Nice guys but kind of a messed up thing to do to a college kid looking for work.

Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I was very surprised by the interview process. Two people walked in. One excused herself. A few minutes into the conversation the second person excused herself. They ended the interview 10 minutes into the session and boy was I glad. I brought a pen capable of recording both audio and my keystrokes - commonly known as a LiveScribe. It seemed to freak them out. I thought wow what do these people have to hide. This place was not what had been sold to me - a really good place to work with cool people. The interview was interrupted twice. A total wash. They said they had to attend to an urgent matter - yeah right.

Server Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

easy

better position elsewhere

Restaurant Manager Interview

Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Waiter Interview

Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

No negotiation phase

Host Interview

My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`

Server Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions
    • Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Server Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Basic interview process

Interview Questions

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!