T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Waitress Interview

Interview

Interview with a manager and a trial shift.

Interview Questions

• Experience with unhappy customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate working on night at the weekend (including Friday) rather then two shifts.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I had three interviews. I was asked to display my ability of 'flare', which is fine.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was. It was an easy job to obtain.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was hired on the spot.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

real easy he talked most of the time personality gets it

Waiter Interview

Interview

They ended up not even doing a hiring process and asked if I would do a test run with a guy who was training as a manager to do interviews. Nice guys but kind of a messed up thing to do to a college kid looking for work.

Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

I was very surprised by the interview process. Two people walked in. One excused herself. A few minutes into the conversation the second person excused herself. They ended the interview 10 minutes into the session and boy was I glad. I brought a pen capable of recording both audio and my keystrokes - commonly known as a LiveScribe. It seemed to freak them out. I thought wow what do these people have to hide. This place was not what had been sold to me - a really good place to work with cool people. The interview was interrupted twice. A total wash. They said they had to attend to an urgent matter - yeah right.

Service Manager Interview

Interview

Simple enough, I moved up the ranks over the years, never had a real interview, just a series of chats. A much more natural manner of interview.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

easy

better position elsewhere

Server Interview

Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions

• Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Basic interview process