T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a brief five minute interview, followed by an hour and a half OJE - On the Job Experience - shadowing the staff, and helping run food and get drinks. Concluded with a final ten minute interview about OJE. Was a great chance to show skills, rather than trying to explain how capable I can be! I had no restaurant experience, which has been a real disadvantage before. Very friendly staff.

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cranston, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was greeted immediately and was taken to a booth where I was told I could wait then soon after approached by two assistant managers. They were very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Scheduling was extremely fair. Pay is non negotiable.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

the interview process was positive and motivational. The person that interviewed me was very personable and down to earth. It felt like I was catching up with a friend. The vibe was comfortable and it made me feel less anxious or nervous as I previously would feel in interviews. After work related questions they ask about your personal interests.

Interview Questions

• They asked where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Group interview with others, presenting and completing tasks that tested personality and commumjcation skills, finally all those who were successful would be invited back for final one to one interview with manager.

Interview Questions

• What interests you? Describe yourself in a few words?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Evansville, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I came in and sat with a manager, she informed me that the position i was applying for's manager was on a leave of absence. She asked me basic questions about my life, my experience, if I had ever worked in the food industry, and why i wanted to work there. She described the hours, job detail, and sent me to the GM who then asked me personal questions .

Cocktail Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2013.

Interview

I completed an online application, and then met with the general store manager in person to submit an application. One week later I completed two interviews: one with the general manager and the other with the district manager. At the time of the second interview, I was offered a cocktail serving position.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of delivering excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were not any negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Merritt Island, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a hiring center in the mall because it was a new store opening. It was basically like an assembly line for hiring people. They were very busy as it was the first new restaurant opening in that area in quite a while. There were representatives form the local store and the corporate headquarters at the hiring center. Everyone was hired here then we went and trained at the store when the construction was comleted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handled an upset customer   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Concord, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a week ago , got a call for an interview with the beverage manager on Sunday , interviewed me today on Tuesday . Walked in , was seated by the host , given something to drink , and waited about a minute for the manager to sit down with me . Started off with the basics , then proceeded to the questions . Manager seemed genuine in the way that this wasn't just some interview but seemed like he actually cared . Finished the interview with saying he liked me and that he would pass the interview onto his boss tomorrow and that she would be in touch sometime this week if they thought I was a good fit ! Can't wait to see ! I will update later this week !

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite sports team ?   Answer Question
    • When is one time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    • When is one time you made a mistake and how did you fix it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I interviewed with the DO and the GM at their training store. They mostly just asked me about my previous experience and work ethic. Honestly, the DO was very distracted by the conducting the interview in the store. They were prepping for lunch and he was very busy watching what they were doing. He seemed more interested in them than in me. It boiled down to a get-to-know-you chat.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two guys got in each other's faces at the bar and a fight was about to start?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

They carry out showcases and monitor your involvement and productiveness In each area that they require you to have skills in. If they think you have potential and will work hard you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• To look at a p&l for a company and explain were there was room for improvement.   1 Answer