T.G.I. Friday's

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.3

Server/Waiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question
    When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2014.

Went to the job fair after seeing ad on Craigslist. Three rounds of typical server questions; how to handle difficult customers, how do you greet your guests,etc. Hired by the GM at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What would you recommend to a family as opposed to a couple?   Answer Question
    Standard server pay

Server Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2010.

Came in and gave them my resume. Was offered an interview on the spot. Not rigorous. Easy and straight forward, 1:1 with a manager and was offered the job within days.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later asking to call in and make an interview appointment. I went in and waited about 15 minutes to be interviewed. Once the GM came, we sat in the Bar area along with another manager and proceeded with the interview process. After it was all finished, I was asked to come in later that day to have another interview with the shift manager. Came back and hand an interview with this new manager. Asked basic questions along with my availability and what not. He then told me that he had to go in the back to ask the manager I interviewed with earlier some questions regarding the training schedule. He came back in less than 10 minutes and said that by the next week they would know the schedule and would call me. Next week came and they never called, so I called, spoke to the GM again, where he said that he would call me back later that day, never ended up happening. This process of calling and them never calling back or giving a straight answer happened for 3 more weeks; I finally just didn't bother anymore

Bartender Interview

Last Thursday I had an interview for TGI's. I was really nervous but excited at the same time as I would love to work there. I was unsure of what to expect as the email I received said it was an audition and that I could bring props to stand out from the crowd. This is what was making me nervous because I did not have a clue what to bring. In the end I never took anything as I didn't want to stress over it. When I got there all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Once everyone arrived (group of around 10 people when it said there could be up to 30) went into a room were we played games having to introduce ourselves and loosen up a little. The next part was 'speed dating' were each of the workers had two minutes with you to ask questions on the homework they set us and random questions also. It was a lot of fun and a good laugh. Lastly the people who applied to be a bartender went into a room were we got the chance to make some cocktails but also keep a conversation going were a few of the workers would act to be a customer and you basically had to act as if it was real whilst making the cocktail. Don't worry one of the bartenders pointed out what to put in the cocktail whilst you were speaking. All in all it was a really fun interview, everyone had a laugh and they were all so nice! I hear back in the next few days if I have the job or not so fingers crossed!!

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

No negotiation.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2013.

1-2 interviews. They jump right in for aggressive questions. My best advice, let your personality shine, they want fun people who will show guests a good time and help create a solid customer base.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a table in someone else's section who hadn't been greeted for an extended period of time?   View Answer
    No negotiation