T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived to my interview 10 minutes early and was greeted by the hostess. She had me take a seat to the side and said the manager would be right with me. 5 minutes later, another lady approached me and asked what could she do for me. I told her I was expected by the hiring manager for my upcoming interview. She told me that he was running late and that he would be right with me. Another 5 minutes later, the same lady returned and said she would be conducting my interview. During the interview, she told me that she was the service manager and sometimes conducts interviews when the restaurant manager is unable to make it. I could tell that she wasn't prepared to interview me because she showed up with a blank piece of paper and just stared at me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. Do you have any experience as a server?
      3. When was the last time you came to Friday's as a guest?
      4. How long do you see yourself working here?

1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seekonk, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Seekonk, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I spoke with the bar manager over the phone following completion of the online application, then had a face to face interview with the general manager. The general manager asked about my two existing jobs which I told her I planned to keep until I was sure the new job would work. She explained that the training process was very involved and would demand a lot of time. This convinced me to quit my lower paying job.

Interview Questions

• What kind experience. How much availability. What my expectations were.   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sutton Coldfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Sutton Coldfield, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was a really nice and friendly process, we chatted about my experience and what would be asked of me in the job role, I even got to ask questions to see if they were open to my ideas.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available for?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Application is online. First interview they just ask you about your work experience and tell you about the job and ask about things on your resume. They also ask about your flexibility especially during the holiday season. Second interview they pretty much tell you more about the position and tell you about your hours and your training.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially submitted a resume online, then was asked to fill out a personality quiz. Had a phone interview with a regional recruiter, followed by face-to-face with a General Manager, followed by a "follow" shift with same General Manager and a meeting with Director of Operations. A background check was made & then an offer received over the phone.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saratoga Springs, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Three different interviews. The first was with the Front of House manager. She wanted to know about me and my experience, how I would deal with guests and coworkers.
    The second interview was with the General Manager. He asked questions related to the job (how to interact with guests, seat them, say farewell) because there is a very specific checklist hosts and servers must follow.
    Third interview was a phone interview with the District Manager. Just to get to know you and make sure that you can be professional and friendly on the phone.

Interview Questions

• They asked us how to deal with different types of guests and co-workers.   1 Answer

Dishwasher/Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Easton, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through an employee. I met with one of the newer managers to the location. He showed up a few minutes late but I didn't mind. We talked and did the interview. I was originally applying to be a dishwasher, but after reviewing my resume and observing me during the interview, he offered me a position as a host.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a restaurant?   1 Answer
    • Do you have guest service experience?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Three step process. I walked in because I saw on a website they were hiring bartenders, and got an interview on the spot (DO IT THIS WAY, WHEREVER YOU WANNA WORK - IT WORKS!!). I initially interviewed with I think the front of house manager, then the back of house manager directly after, and then finally the general manager. After the first interview I was given an online application to fill out in the restaurant, and then a personality quiz to make sure I'm not a psycho. Questions involved bartending specific stuff, general sales stuff, and customer service stuff. Besides questions it was just general information about how the position works and what TGIF is all about.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fridays?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is intense one person I worked with applied to be a food runner and they made him run around the restaurant to see if he was fast enough. As soon as you are interviewed you find out if you got the job if you did you have to stay for a training class which takes place right after the interview process so make sure you are dress appropriately. The you will be given a booklet to learn all of the items on the menu and their ingredients which you must memorize during the course of the week.

Interview Questions

• What about myself makes me more qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Woodstock, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I filled out my application, and had a personality test.I turned the application in the same day I filled it out, then was told to come back for an interview. But they made me take the personality test again, claiming I did not take one. Then told me they would call me back. It was very frustrating.