T.G.I. Friday's

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Server Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2010.

Came in and gave them my resume. Was offered an interview on the spot. Not rigorous. Easy and straight forward, 1:1 with a manager and was offered the job within days.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later asking to call in and make an interview appointment. I went in and waited about 15 minutes to be interviewed. Once the GM came, we sat in the Bar area along with another manager and proceeded with the interview process. After it was all finished, I was asked to come in later that day to have another interview with the shift manager. Came back and hand an interview with this new manager. Asked basic questions along with my availability and what not. He then told me that he had to go in the back to ask the manager I interviewed with earlier some questions regarding the training schedule. He came back in less than 10 minutes and said that by the next week they would know the schedule and would call me. Next week came and they never called, so I called, spoke to the GM again, where he said that he would call me back later that day, never ended up happening. This process of calling and them never calling back or giving a straight answer happened for 3 more weeks; I finally just didn't bother anymore

Bartender Interview

Last Thursday I had an interview for TGI's. I was really nervous but excited at the same time as I would love to work there. I was unsure of what to expect as the email I received said it was an audition and that I could bring props to stand out from the crowd. This is what was making me nervous because I did not have a clue what to bring. In the end I never took anything as I didn't want to stress over it. When I got there all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Once everyone arrived (group of around 10 people when it said there could be up to 30) went into a room were we played games having to introduce ourselves and loosen up a little. The next part was 'speed dating' were each of the workers had two minutes with you to ask questions on the homework they set us and random questions also. It was a lot of fun and a good laugh. Lastly the people who applied to be a bartender went into a room were we got the chance to make some cocktails but also keep a conversation going were a few of the workers would act to be a customer and you basically had to act as if it was real whilst making the cocktail. Don't worry one of the bartenders pointed out what to put in the cocktail whilst you were speaking. All in all it was a really fun interview, everyone had a laugh and they were all so nice! I hear back in the next few days if I have the job or not so fingers crossed!!

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

No negotiation.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2013.

1-2 interviews. They jump right in for aggressive questions. My best advice, let your personality shine, they want fun people who will show guests a good time and help create a solid customer base.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a table in someone else's section who hadn't been greeted for an extended period of time?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Server and Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied for a position online in a local T.G.I's, two days later I received a phone call from one of the managers at the store, who asked me about my availability before inviting me in for OJE (on job experience) in which I would be shadowing a team member. The OJE was a few days later, I arrived and was instantly felt welcomed, even though I applied for a hostess position I shadowed an S.A (serving assistant) for a two hour shift, I then was sat down and interview by one of the managers who asked me a range of questions from 'what's your favourite chocolate bar' to 'where do you see yourself in five years'. I was then asked back for a second OJE in two days in which I was shadowing a host. After another two hour shift I was interviewed by a different manager who asked me very friendly questions, nothing too stressful. At the end of the interview I was then told to return in a few days for a final interview with the GM (general manager) which is the last step in the interview process. I had said interview a few days ago, all very friendly and welcoming, no questions that threw me off guard but they like it if you are able to strike up a conversation with them, I will hear back in a few days about whether or not I have got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know in particular about this branch of TGIs?"   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2010.

The process starts out easy and then they slow way down. Weeks in-between calls, then all positive, this is treated like an exclusive club and they are picky about who they hire.

The negotiation phase took another 2 weeks.. should have told me something

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2014.

I had 3 interviews. One with a manager from Memphis, one with the kitchen manager, and one with the general manager. I was told I got the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite TGI Friday's menu item? (I never ate there before)   Answer Question