T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

2.3

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2013.

After applying online I was called for an interview about a week later. I passed the first interview and went on to a second. After the second interview I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate anything. I was very open with my schedule and was excited to start.

Waiter/Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2014.

Received a phone call after applying on line. Met with a manager for a informal interview. Brilliant interview. Was offered a cup of tea and discussed role in a relaxed manor. Was asked to come back for OJE which went really well. Had a mini interview with another manager at the end which also went really well. Awaiting call as we speak. Fingers crossed. Amazing company to work for.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch.
    Overall good experience.

Restaurant FOH Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Very simple, do some tests, then a personality test. If everything fits you get an offer. Everything was completed online so not much one on one time to make you nervous. Mostly just waiting for emails to arrive. The DO is very kind and knows what she is doing and looking for when it comes to managers.

Interview Questions
    • How to deliver the brand promise of in here its always Friday.   Answer Question
    Simple

Server/Waiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question
    When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2014.

Went to the job fair after seeing ad on Craigslist. Three rounds of typical server questions; how to handle difficult customers, how do you greet your guests,etc. Hired by the GM at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What would you recommend to a family as opposed to a couple?   Answer Question
    Standard server pay

Server Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2010.

Came in and gave them my resume. Was offered an interview on the spot. Not rigorous. Easy and straight forward, 1:1 with a manager and was offered the job within days.