T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cerritos, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later. Set up the interview for the next morning. I waited at a booth for my interview for about 15 or 20 minutes. Didn't ask too many real questions. Talked more about high school and athletics. Took about 7 minutes in total. I was offered a job on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were a customer and received good service.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Warwick, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

It was great , about 45 mins long. He asked me some questions and reviewed my resume . He was really nice and I didn't feel nervous at all. Very easy going , and the atmosphere was great. Asked me a few questions. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was something unreasonable that a customer asked for?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a fairly easy application process. I got a call a week later on a Saturday asking if I was still interested in a job and if I could come in for an interview the following monday. I interviewed with one of the managers and she just gave me the overview of the job (how the pay worked and the responsibility of the job) and also asked some questions about my availability and experience. I told her this would be my 1st job and she didn't really care that I didn't have experience. She called me back a few days later and asked if I could come in thursday for another interview with a different manager who asked more personal get to know you/work related questions. He said he'd call me back Friday if I got the job and sure enough I got a call that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the next person we interview?   1 Answer
    • Because you will be working after school, are you willing to stay until 2 in the morning on the weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty understanding of my schedule with school and extra curricular activities and said I would probably get most of my hours on the weekend, but I guess we will have to see what they do for me when I start getting scheduled

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homestead, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Homestead, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online July 15th and they called me Saturday July 18th to set up an interview for Tuesday July 21st. I went in and there was 2 people in front of me, after waiting I met with the manager who was very nice. I was asked basic questions and at the end was told to fill out an assessment that came to my email and i would know from there if i was hired or not.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Roseville, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had no restaurant experience, so I had to start at the bottom when applying for Friday's. The interview was brief and incredibly simple, illustrating they needed workers and were willing to give any seemingly sane person a shot. Manager was nice and pretty straightforward with his questions, with a couple oddball ones to gauge more of my personality. Only needed one short interview to get the job, so I have no complaints.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for our restaurant?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Concord, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online about a week ago and they called me yesterday (Sunday) around 5 pm to set up an interview. I originally had an interview elsewhere so we set up the interview for Wednesday. The other company completely wasted my time and I was only there for about 5 minutes, so I called TGI Fridays and asked if they were still interested in interviewing me today. The manager agreed and I came and she sat down with me for a second. No real interview questions, just if I was in school and if I had a current job (this is my first job). She then said that the job is mine if I wanted it, I filled out the paperwork, and I start on Wednesday. I am so excited. While she was bringing me the paperwork and making copies of my license and stuff, I spoke to the hostess and she told me some things about the job. She was very friendly and it seems like a very fun place to work. I'll write a review after i've worked here for about a month or so.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Fairly easy and routine. I applied in person and I received a phone call the next day to come in for a face to face interview with one of the managers. They basically ran through my application/ resume in what seemed like a verification of my previous job history. They told me that they liked me, but it was a formality to meet with the general manager and that they were the individual who had the ability to ale the final decision. i met with the general manager approximately 2 days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How much previous high volume serving experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived to my interview 10 minutes early and was greeted by the hostess. She had me take a seat to the side and said the manager would be right with me. 5 minutes later, another lady approached me and asked what could she do for me. I told her I was expected by the hiring manager for my upcoming interview. She told me that he was running late and that he would be right with me. Another 5 minutes later, the same lady returned and said she would be conducting my interview. During the interview, she told me that she was the service manager and sometimes conducts interviews when the restaurant manager is unable to make it. I could tell that she wasn't prepared to interview me because she showed up with a blank piece of paper and just stared at me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Do you have any experience as a server? 3. When was the last time you came to Friday's as a guest? 4. How long do you see yourself working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seekonk, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Seekonk, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I spoke with the bar manager over the phone following completion of the online application, then had a face to face interview with the general manager. The general manager asked about my two existing jobs which I told her I planned to keep until I was sure the new job would work. She explained that the training process was very involved and would demand a lot of time. This convinced me to quit my lower paying job.

Interview Questions

• What kind experience. How much availability. What my expectations were.   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sutton Coldfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Sutton Coldfield, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was a really nice and friendly process, we chatted about my experience and what would be asked of me in the job role, I even got to ask questions to see if they were open to my ideas.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available for?   1 Answer