T.G.I. Friday's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Host Interview

Host

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details – My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Server Bartender Interview

Server Bartender
Corona, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2010.

Interview Details – The manager at the time asked about all my past experience in that field. Did I know how to bartend flare, if I was willing to learn. I had to show how I make drinks. Discuss what is in certain drinks. How do I handle certain situations if customers have had to much to drink. Do I know when to cut people off. When to ask management for help with unruly customers.

Interview Question – How do I deal with gossip in the work place?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He really liked me and hired me on the spot

Server Interview

Server
Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2012.

Interview Details – I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Question – I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Waiter Interview

Waiter

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details – Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

Interview Question – How have you dealt with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Bartender
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple and very friendly. The store manager is a very approachable woman and very honest and no nonsense which is very appreciated. I was hired right on the spot and had to visit the securities office a few days later to complete the paperwork and security access forms.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Bensalem, PA

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

Interview Details – 3 part interview with HR, DO and VP, took 2 -3 weeks.

Interview Question – What is the boiling temp of water?, How do you treat people? What is the temp danger zone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – OVer the phone very easy, they give me a no and I countered.

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online late at night. Received a call the following morning in which an interview was scheduled a few days in advance. The first interview was short, lasting about 10 minutes. The following interview which was taken place with the GM who would be in charge of the hiring was longer, at about 20 min.

Interview Question – What is your favorite food to cook and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible. They will most likely tell you they will start you out at 8. If you have any previous cooking experience decline and shoot for 9. Or if they tell you 9 based on your moderate to high level of experience, decline and shoot for 10 ect.

Host Interview

Host
Charleston, WV

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – Basic interview process

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

Interview Details – They were quick with the interview and it was extreamly easy! Just b urself.

Interview Question – there was never anything difficult.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Question – What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at T.G.I. Friday's