T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

2.3

Busser TGI Fridays Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Porter Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2013.

The interview process was really BS in y situation. I went in and they forgot about my interview. They ask simple questions why do you want to work here? Do you get along with others easily? How have u dealt with a customer before? The interview are very simple questions that you could answer without hesitation.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with an upset customer?   View Answer
    Nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Talked to bartender who told me they were hiring servers. I called the manager the next day and she told me that she would like to schedule an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as schedule and experience, but it was very relaxed, it did not even feel like an interview. The second interview was with the general manager this interview was more typical asked questions like "What would would you do in a situation with an unhappy customer". Received a letter within a few days that I had been hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Host Interview

My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`

Server Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2010.

The manager at the time asked about all my past experience in that field. Did I know how to bartend flare, if I was willing to learn. I had to show how I make drinks. Discuss what is in certain drinks. How do I handle certain situations if customers have had to much to drink. Do I know when to cut people off. When to ask management for help with unruly customers.

Interview Questions
    He really liked me and hired me on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2012.

I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Questions
    • I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question
    This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Waiter Interview

Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

No negotiation phase

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

The interview process was simple and very friendly. The store manager is a very approachable woman and very honest and no nonsense which is very appreciated. I was hired right on the spot and had to visit the securities office a few days later to complete the paperwork and security access forms.

There was none.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

3 part interview with HR, DO and VP, took 2 -3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the boiling temp of water?, How do you treat people? What is the temp danger zone?   View Answer
    OVer the phone very easy, they give me a no and I countered.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Applied online late at night. Received a call the following morning in which an interview was scheduled a few days in advance. The first interview was short, lasting about 10 minutes. The following interview which was taken place with the GM who would be in charge of the hiring was longer, at about 20 min.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite food to cook and why?   View Answer
    Negotiation is possible. They will most likely tell you they will start you out at 8. If you have any previous cooking experience decline and shoot for 9. Or if they tell you 9 based on your moderate to high level of experience, decline and shoot for 10 ect.