T.G.I. Friday's

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2014.

I had 3 interviews. One with a manager from Memphis, one with the kitchen manager, and one with the general manager. I was told I got the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite TGI Friday's menu item? (I never ate there before)   Answer Question

Host Interview

My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2014.

Upon receiving my resume I was invited to take an online assessment. I did not hear back so I followed up and was finally scheduled for a phone interview with HR - 11 days later. I was informed that I would be moving forward in the process with the district manager, but I did not hear back. I once again followed up and was finally scheduled to meet with a GM instead - this occurred 21 days after last contact. I was informed by the GM that I would be moving forward with the District Manager as originally intended. Once again there was no follow up - I tried contacting HR twice over the next 11 days until finally receiving a stock email letting me know they were moving in another direction. The entire process from beginning to end took 43 days.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly standard but interviews were very long - At least 90 minutes each and the GM was 20 minutes late to the second.   View Answer

Waiter Interview

Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

No negotiation phase

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Basic interview process

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2013.

1-2 interviews. They jump right in for aggressive questions. My best advice, let your personality shine, they want fun people who will show guests a good time and help create a solid customer base.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a table in someone else's section who hadn't been greeted for an extended period of time?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Server Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Busser TGI Fridays Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2013.

The interview process was really BS in y situation. I went in and they forgot about my interview. They ask simple questions why do you want to work here? Do you get along with others easily? How have u dealt with a customer before? The interview are very simple questions that you could answer without hesitation.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with an upset customer?   View Answer
    Nothing.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question