T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch. Overall good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays.

Restaurant FOH Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Very simple, do some tests, then a personality test. If everything fits you get an offer. Everything was completed online so not much one on one time to make you nervous. Mostly just waiting for emails to arrive. The DO is very kind and knows what she is doing and looking for when it comes to managers.

Interview Questions

• How to deliver the brand promise of in here its always Friday.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I had two interviews for the server position. One with the server manager, and one interview with the general manager/vice president. They asked me how I worked with others. There were two or three pages to fill out along with questions to answer from the employers.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were about behavioral issues dealing with tempers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When can you start?

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saratoga Springs, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Three different interviews. The first was with the Front of House manager. She wanted to know about me and my experience, how I would deal with guests and coworkers. The second interview was with the General Manager. He asked questions related to the job (how to interact with guests, seat them, say farewell) because there is a very specific checklist hosts and servers must follow. Third interview was a phone interview with the District Manager. Just to get to know you and make sure that you can be professional and friendly on the phone.

Interview Questions

• They asked us how to deal with different types of guests and co-workers.   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Server Interview

Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Bridgewater, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called within a week for my first interview. It was pretty basic, generic interview stuff. the manager was friendly and polite throughout. I went back in for my second interview later that week. I sat down with the general manager and he asked a few more in depth questions. I started work less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you failed to provide the best customer service possible."   Answer Question