T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Host Interview

Interview

My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Upon receiving my resume I was invited to take an online assessment. I did not hear back so I followed up and was finally scheduled for a phone interview with HR - 11 days later. I was informed that I would be moving forward in the process with the district manager, but I did not hear back. I once again followed up and was finally scheduled to meet with a GM instead - this occurred 21 days after last contact. I was informed by the GM that I would be moving forward with the District Manager as originally intended. Once again there was no follow up - I tried contacting HR twice over the next 11 days until finally receiving a stock email letting me know they were moving in another direction. The entire process from beginning to end took 43 days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly standard but interviews were very long - At least 90 minutes each and the GM was 20 minutes late to the second.   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Interview

Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Basic interview process

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Onalaska, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

1-2 interviews. They jump right in for aggressive questions. My best advice, let your personality shine, they want fun people who will show guests a good time and help create a solid customer base.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a table in someone else's section who hadn't been greeted for an extended period of time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Westminster, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Started off online and had to fill out personality test. Was then called with in a few days and had an interview with the manager followed up by another interview with the general manager about three days later. Fairly simple and basic questions asked about the industry and certain situations to face. Nothing that was a surprise.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i were to order a martini what would be my response and how to upcharge.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   1 Answer

Busser TGI Fridays Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Porter Ranch, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really BS in y situation. I went in and they forgot about my interview. They ask simple questions why do you want to work here? Do you get along with others easily? How have u dealt with a customer before? The interview are very simple questions that you could answer without hesitation.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions

• Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question