T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.3

Sever/Host Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

They called me in for an interview, then said they can't offer me a job because I have no experience. But on my application it said I had no experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What makes you fit for this job?
      What's your availability?

Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

Interview

So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (North Miami Beach, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

There are two interviews. You meet with the hiring major first and then the general manager. The general manager will then let you know if you will be offered the position, will discuss the next steps with you.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Interview

Easy process, and very painless interview. Application, aptitude test, the a series of mandatory questions. Followed by a lengthy conversation about career goals, and areas of opportunity to work on in the future. All of this while we ate food from the menu.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with managing your former co-workers, and/or friends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Westminster, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Jackson, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One with a manager from Memphis, one with the kitchen manager, and one with the general manager. I was told I got the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite TGI Friday's menu item? (I never ate there before)   Answer Question

Host Interview

Interview

My interview went amazing, they shows me the history of the restaurant at the same time as showing me different stuff around the restaurant that meant value to the company.`

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Upon receiving my resume I was invited to take an online assessment. I did not hear back so I followed up and was finally scheduled for a phone interview with HR - 11 days later. I was informed that I would be moving forward in the process with the district manager, but I did not hear back. I once again followed up and was finally scheduled to meet with a GM instead - this occurred 21 days after last contact. I was informed by the GM that I would be moving forward with the District Manager as originally intended. Once again there was no follow up - I tried contacting HR twice over the next 11 days until finally receiving a stock email letting me know they were moving in another direction. The entire process from beginning to end took 43 days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly standard but interviews were very long - At least 90 minutes each and the GM was 20 minutes late to the second.   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Interview

Walked in, handed resume, asked if they were hiring... Was called back and set up for interview two days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase