T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

2.3

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Applied online late at night. Received a call the following morning in which an interview was scheduled a few days in advance. The first interview was short, lasting about 10 minutes. The following interview which was taken place with the GM who would be in charge of the hiring was longer, at about 20 min.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite food to cook and why?   View Answer
    Negotiation is possible. They will most likely tell you they will start you out at 8. If you have any previous cooking experience decline and shoot for 9. Or if they tell you 9 based on your moderate to high level of experience, decline and shoot for 10 ect.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Basic interview process

Hostess Interview

interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

They were quick with the interview and it was extreamly easy! Just b urself.

Server Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions
    • Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2010.

I applied online and I was called to schedule an interview the same day. I had two interviews one with the Host Manager and one with the General Manager. The first interview took hours because I had to wait a very long time while he interviewed someone else and then I had to fill out a 100 question personality test before I actually spoke with the manager and answered questions.

Interview Questions
    I had no experience at the time so I didn't negotiate.

Server Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

easy

better position elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2011.

Interview with general manager and take personality test.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2009.

Great Interview with General Manager. Not a long process if you are well qualified.

Good Offer