T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Pretty simple. I applied in August, and received a call about a month later. They set up an interview. The manager just asked me to tell him about myself, and then proceeded to describe the details of the job and the work environment. He asked if I sounded interested, and then called later in the week to set up a second interview, where it was basically a meeting to fill out some paperwork that I had accepted the job, and to set up a training schedule. Overall, very very simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Bridgewater, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called within a week for my first interview. It was pretty basic, generic interview stuff. the manager was friendly and polite throughout. I went back in for my second interview later that week. I sat down with the general manager and he asked a few more in depth questions. I started work less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you failed to provide the best customer service possible."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied on Snagajob and received a call from a manager to come in for an interview. The firs interview went really well, and she said she'd call me later that day to schedule my second interview. She never called so I called back and the manager I spoke to this time scheduled my second one and told me what time to come and who to ask for. I came in for yo second and the guy didn't even know he was interviewing me and told me this was a "walk in" I then had a third interview where I was asked about my availability and past experience. I was told I'd get a call, but in haven't heard from them.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later asking to call in and make an interview appointment. I went in and waited about 15 minutes to be interviewed. Once the GM came, we sat in the Bar area along with another manager and proceeded with the interview process. After it was all finished, I was asked to come in later that day to have another interview with the shift manager. Came back and hand an interview with this new manager. Asked basic questions along with my availability and what not. He then told me that he had to go in the back to ask the manager I interviewed with earlier some questions regarding the training schedule. He came back in less than 10 minutes and said that by the next week they would know the schedule and would call me. Next week came and they never called, so I called, spoke to the GM again, where he said that he would call me back later that day, never ended up happening. This process of calling and them never calling back or giving a straight answer happened for 3 more weeks; I finally just didn't bother anymore

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially submitted a resume online, then was asked to fill out a personality quiz. Had a phone interview with a regional recruiter, followed by face-to-face with a General Manager, followed by a "follow" shift with same General Manager and a meeting with Director of Operations. A background check was made & then an offer received over the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2014.

Interview

Went to the job fair after seeing ad on Craigslist. Three rounds of typical server questions; how to handle difficult customers, how do you greet your guests,etc. Hired by the GM at the end.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to a family as opposed to a couple?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard server pay

Sever/Host Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

They called me in for an interview, then said they can't offer me a job because I have no experience. But on my application it said I had no experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What makes you fit for this job? What's your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (North Miami Beach, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

There are two interviews. You meet with the hiring major first and then the general manager. The general manager will then let you know if you will be offered the position, will discuss the next steps with you.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2014.

Interview

So far I have did step one of the TGI Friday's interview, which consisted of me meeting with the hiring manager and we reviewed my application and resume, lasted all of not even ten minutes. Offered for me to meet with another manager for a second interview. Going back in a few days and will be back to share my results!