T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.3

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2013.

Hiring process was kind of ridiculous. There were 3 interviews: One with the FOH manager, one with the general manager, and one with the owner. They were all fairly easy, didn't ask any unexpected questions. I pretty much knew I got the job after the second interview but I had to talk with the owner. The last two interviews ended up being with me and another girl interviewing at once. We both got the job.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

Was called the day after I applied online, went in two days later and interviewed with our General Manager, then came back a day later and interviewed with the Bar manager, and lastly with the service manager. I applied as a host, but they said that I had enough work experience to be a server ( even though i had no restaurant experience) took a personality test which i passed, then signed all W2 papers and was told to come in for training the next week! It was a great process. Followed around a great longtime employee who coached me before i felt comfortable taking my own section.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell our General Manager a bottle of ketchup haha, i did it pretty well, but make sure you know how to talk to people casually, while you are really trying to influence them, especially people in power   Answer Question
    I was given papers to sign, and able to

Service Manager Interview

Simple enough, I moved up the ranks over the years, never had a real interview, just a series of chats. A much more natural manner of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I applied online and recieved a phone call the same day. I scheduled an interview with the manager and was told to come in that week. I arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the host. I was interviewed by the store manager and general manager at the same time- was really stressful. After a series of questions about my experience, they started telling me about the job and what was expected of me. Interview lasted less than an hour and I was given a job offer before I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you instead of the other applicants?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

I arrived 10 minutes early. Hosts were very friendly and asked if I wanted a drink while I waited. One came and asked me to sit at a booth for the manager. Manager was really laid back and read the questions off of a sheet. They were pretty basic questions but there were 2 I didn't understand and had to bs it. I saw that there were sections for him to rate my answers 1-5. I was too nervous (hadn't had an interview in 2 years) so I didn't come off very fun or outgoing and ended up not getting a call even after coming back for a second interview. I was more interested in working in the back of the house so they could probably sense that.

Interview Questions
    • He grabbed the salt grinder off the table and told me to sell it to him.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2012.

phone interview, restaurant site interview with GM, interview with district manager

Interview Questions
    • questions were routine;
      How long do you plan to work here?
        View Answer

District manager was late to meeting; very judgemental; and somewhat unprofessional.
    Gave an air about self that my experience was not as good as Friday's would be

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2011.

pretty straightforward, walk in request application. Only come in to ask during non-busy hours! Mon-Thursday only! be polite while waiting the team members are not afraid to tell the manager not to hire someone because you were rude etc... Fill the application out in house so if the manager has free time you could potentially do an interview then.

if they are interested they will call you back, don't be afraid to call back the next day after filling out application.

interview will consist of a few questions but ultimately a test is taken to know if you should or shouldn't be hired. On the test make sure to answer all on the side of working hard, going above and beyond what you are asked to, never stops to take a break sort of answers.

if you pass the test you will then have an interview with the GM. by then you have pretty much passed.

Interview Questions
    • when there was a problem do you try to solve it yourself or go to your manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosemead, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Well, i applied on snag-a-job, received a phone call about 3 days later. attended the interview. I went through three rounds of mangers: hostess manager, server manager, and ended with the general manager. All of the questions involved customer service experiences, what you can contribute to the job, and problem solving. If you get to the general manager, you basically have the job. Another plus, was that the restaurant hadn't opened yet, so they really needed to hire a lot of people. The restaurant is now open, and they still have openings for severs. Go apply on snag a job!

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to the restaurant?   View Answer
    there was no negotiation, its stated in the application that you will be receiving minimum wage: 8.00/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

Three interviews. First with kitchen manager, second with bar manager, third with general manager. General "what would you do" questions; how I handled certain situations, etc.

Interview Questions
    "You're pretty much hired..."

Bar Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2012.

I was a server and a shift supervisor (key holder) positions were available for a bar manager, and service manager. i interviewed with the Director of our region, interviewed with a hiring manager through HR, the VP of our regions right hand man, and then our VP. went to training one week after accepting the position. (training was 5 weeks, usually 9 weeks long if you are new to the company or not a validated shift supervisor)

Interview Questions
    • they asked pretty normal questions, nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    pretty one sided, they wouldn't give me a number so with the help of glassdoor and some other sites I asked for a number and they gave me what i wanted.