T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.3

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2013.

I applied online. It was kind of long.
    I got a phone call in the morning asking if I was still looking for a job and if so would I like to come in for an interview.
    My interview started a late and there was someone who had to be interviewed before me. While I waited I chatted with the host there. He told me that the job was and I would probably get it.
    There wasn't really any interview questions. I was asked about my previous work experience and availability. The interviewer explained that the job was really easy, I would be trained on the technical stuff but it was important that I was upbeat and smiley. The person who was supposed to make the final decision wasn't in so I had to come back for a second interview.

In the second interview I was asked if I had any restaurant experience. I got a more detailed info on the pay wage, job description. At the end he asked if I had any questions. I couldn't think of any so he explained that there would be a orientation and I would be filling out paperwork at that time.

No negotiating.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Hostess Interview

interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

They were quick with the interview and it was extreamly easy! Just b urself.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2012.

I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Questions
    • I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question
    This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2012.

phone interview, restaurant site interview with GM, interview with district manager

Interview Questions
    • questions were routine;
      How long do you plan to work here?
        View Answer

District manager was late to meeting; very judgemental; and somewhat unprofessional.
    Gave an air about self that my experience was not as good as Friday's would be

Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2012.

It was an internal interview from an hourly position. Interview with the HR director in the area and then an interview with the district manager. You have to pass the assessment test to get to the second round. Final interview on the phone with the Vice President of the Region.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that I was an hourly employee who had been with the company for many years my questions were more based on what I could bring to the management team to increase scores and profitability.   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer given as it was only my second salaried position.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

3 part interview with HR, DO and VP, took 2 -3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the boiling temp of water?, How do you treat people? What is the temp danger zone?   View Answer
    OVer the phone very easy, they give me a no and I countered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

Three interviews. First with kitchen manager, second with bar manager, third with general manager. General "what would you do" questions; how I handled certain situations, etc.

Interview Questions
    "You're pretty much hired..."

Bar Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2012.

I was a server and a shift supervisor (key holder) positions were available for a bar manager, and service manager. i interviewed with the Director of our region, interviewed with a hiring manager through HR, the VP of our regions right hand man, and then our VP. went to training one week after accepting the position. (training was 5 weeks, usually 9 weeks long if you are new to the company or not a validated shift supervisor)

Interview Questions
    • they asked pretty normal questions, nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    pretty one sided, they wouldn't give me a number so with the help of glassdoor and some other sites I asked for a number and they gave me what i wanted.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

Was called the day after I applied online, went in two days later and interviewed with our General Manager, then came back a day later and interviewed with the Bar manager, and lastly with the service manager. I applied as a host, but they said that I had enough work experience to be a server ( even though i had no restaurant experience) took a personality test which i passed, then signed all W2 papers and was told to come in for training the next week! It was a great process. Followed around a great longtime employee who coached me before i felt comfortable taking my own section.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell our General Manager a bottle of ketchup haha, i did it pretty well, but make sure you know how to talk to people casually, while you are really trying to influence them, especially people in power   Answer Question
    I was given papers to sign, and able to