T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very friendly. The store manager is a very approachable woman and very honest and no nonsense which is very appreciated. I was hired right on the spot and had to visit the securities office a few days later to complete the paperwork and security access forms.

Negotiation

There was none.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

easy

better position elsewhere

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saint Charles, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on a Friday July 14th, got called the next day and had an interview on Sunday night with the Host manager. He told me I was a really good candidate for the job because I had work at a TGI Fridays before, he said I was going to have a second interview with the general manager to expect a phone call. So yesterday July 16 I got a phone call from the GM to have the second interview with get on July the 17 and she said she liked me that I have a really good personality and she said congratulations you got the job. The manager is the best she looks like a real nice manager as well as the host manager. I think im going to love this job.

Interview Questions

• What does TGI Fridays Means?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

After applying online I was called for an interview about a week later. I passed the first interview and went on to a second. After the second interview I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. I was very open with my schedule and was excited to start.

Service Manager Interview

Interview

Simple enough, I moved up the ranks over the years, never had a real interview, just a series of chats. A much more natural manner of interview.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was kind of ridiculous. There were 3 interviews: One with the FOH manager, one with the general manager, and one with the owner. They were all fairly easy, didn't ask any unexpected questions. I pretty much knew I got the job after the second interview but I had to talk with the owner. The last two interviews ended up being with me and another girl interviewing at once. We both got the job.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

I applied online and recieved a phone call the same day. I scheduled an interview with the manager and was told to come in that week. I arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the host. I was interviewed by the store manager and general manager at the same time- was really stressful. After a series of questions about my experience, they started telling me about the job and what was expected of me. Interview lasted less than an hour and I was given a job offer before I left.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other applicants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Springfield, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

I was Contacted by a recruiter - sent a link for an online management assessment then contacted for a one on one interview with Director of Operations. Short phone interview with head of HR. Interview was professional yet relaxed, very engaging. Didn't feel nervous or intimidated, staff was very courteous as the interview was conducted on site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Made an offer within previous salary ranges, met in the middle on base salary

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online late at night. Received a call the following morning in which an interview was scheduled a few days in advance. The first interview was short, lasting about 10 minutes. The following interview which was taken place with the GM who would be in charge of the hiring was longer, at about 20 min.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite food to cook and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible. They will most likely tell you they will start you out at 8. If you have any previous cooking experience decline and shoot for 9. Or if they tell you 9 based on your moderate to high level of experience, decline and shoot for 10 ect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Talked to bartender who told me they were hiring servers. I called the manager the next day and she told me that she would like to schedule an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as schedule and experience, but it was very relaxed, it did not even feel like an interview. The second interview was with the general manager this interview was more typical asked questions like "What would would you do in a situation with an unhappy customer". Received a letter within a few days that I had been hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer