T.G.I. Friday's

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Bar Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2012.

I was a server and a shift supervisor (key holder) positions were available for a bar manager, and service manager. i interviewed with the Director of our region, interviewed with a hiring manager through HR, the VP of our regions right hand man, and then our VP. went to training one week after accepting the position. (training was 5 weeks, usually 9 weeks long if you are new to the company or not a validated shift supervisor)

Interview Questions
    • they asked pretty normal questions, nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    pretty one sided, they wouldn't give me a number so with the help of glassdoor and some other sites I asked for a number and they gave me what i wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

I had an interview with a kitchen manager, which is so nice person. Asked me about work experience, my great weaknesses and strength, then told me about the time of the next interview with a general manager who asked the same questions, after that i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What means hospitality for you?   View Answer
    • why do you wanna work at the restaurant with food?   View Answer
    n/a

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

Was called the day after I applied online, went in two days later and interviewed with our General Manager, then came back a day later and interviewed with the Bar manager, and lastly with the service manager. I applied as a host, but they said that I had enough work experience to be a server ( even though i had no restaurant experience) took a personality test which i passed, then signed all W2 papers and was told to come in for training the next week! It was a great process. Followed around a great longtime employee who coached me before i felt comfortable taking my own section.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell our General Manager a bottle of ketchup haha, i did it pretty well, but make sure you know how to talk to people casually, while you are really trying to influence them, especially people in power   Answer Question
    I was given papers to sign, and able to

Server/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

one on one and then filling out paper work

it was a server position so everyone get a standard base pay o f $5.00

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2011.

I met with the manager, and he told me about the job; salary, training process. He then asked me to describe myself and asked me if I had any questions for him. He told me that if he were to continue the hiring process, I would be called back for another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2011.

I applied online and was called in for an interview about 3 days later. I went in two days later and met with the kitchen manager. He mostly just clarified my experience, and then asked if I had any questions for him. I didn't get a second interview.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2011.

When I came in for dinner one evening I asked the server if they were hiring and I was given an application and the name of the manager to contact about hiring. I mad an appointment over the phone to turn in my application and have an interview the same day. I was asked a series of "what would you do if.." questions and answered them to the best of my ability with enthusiasm. I think that is what this manager liked best.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2011.

Discussed my background in waitressing.

Interview Questions

Prefer to work for a private restaurant.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2011.

I walked in to ask if the location was hiring, and after confirmation I applied online. I was called back the same day, and soon after I went in for an interview. The first interview went well, and everyone I had talked to up to that point was very accomodating and friendly. I passed that one, and was set up for a second interview with the GM. He, on the other hand, was not much of a people person- I felt very uncomfortable talking with him, as he asked of me several questions I found difficult to answer (e.g. Discuss an instance in which you were involved in a conflict with a fellow employee and how you resolved it.)

If you want to give TGIF a shot, then I'd say go for it! When you are being interviewed, smile a lot and keep an upbeat attitude- your actions are more reflective of you than your words.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss an instance in which you were involved in a conflict with a fellow employee and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Interview with general manager and take personality test.