T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

2.3

Server/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

one on one and then filling out paper work

it was a server position so everyone get a standard base pay o f $5.00

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2011.

I met with the manager, and he told me about the job; salary, training process. He then asked me to describe myself and asked me if I had any questions for him. He told me that if he were to continue the hiring process, I would be called back for another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2011.

I applied online and was called in for an interview about 3 days later. I went in two days later and met with the kitchen manager. He mostly just clarified my experience, and then asked if I had any questions for him. I didn't get a second interview.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2011.

When I came in for dinner one evening I asked the server if they were hiring and I was given an application and the name of the manager to contact about hiring. I mad an appointment over the phone to turn in my application and have an interview the same day. I was asked a series of "what would you do if.." questions and answered them to the best of my ability with enthusiasm. I think that is what this manager liked best.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2011.

Discussed my background in waitressing.

Interview Questions

Prefer to work for a private restaurant.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2011.

I walked in to ask if the location was hiring, and after confirmation I applied online. I was called back the same day, and soon after I went in for an interview. The first interview went well, and everyone I had talked to up to that point was very accomodating and friendly. I passed that one, and was set up for a second interview with the GM. He, on the other hand, was not much of a people person- I felt very uncomfortable talking with him, as he asked of me several questions I found difficult to answer (e.g. Discuss an instance in which you were involved in a conflict with a fellow employee and how you resolved it.)

If you want to give TGIF a shot, then I'd say go for it! When you are being interviewed, smile a lot and keep an upbeat attitude- your actions are more reflective of you than your words.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss an instance in which you were involved in a conflict with a fellow employee and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Interview with general manager and take personality test.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2011.

first phone interview. then they make you take a test online. once you pass the est they called to have another phone interview. Then they set a date for 1 on 1 interview.. you have a interview with the gerneral manager for abut 30 min. they make you work the lunch shift. then another interview with lunch.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2011.

pretty straightforward, walk in request application. Only come in to ask during non-busy hours! Mon-Thursday only! be polite while waiting the team members are not afraid to tell the manager not to hire someone because you were rude etc... Fill the application out in house so if the manager has free time you could potentially do an interview then.

if they are interested they will call you back, don't be afraid to call back the next day after filling out application.

interview will consist of a few questions but ultimately a test is taken to know if you should or shouldn't be hired. On the test make sure to answer all on the side of working hard, going above and beyond what you are asked to, never stops to take a break sort of answers.

if you pass the test you will then have an interview with the GM. by then you have pretty much passed.

Interview Questions
    • when there was a problem do you try to solve it yourself or go to your manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2011.

The interiew was schedule after I called many times and brough a resume to the store. First interview is with the front of the house manager, second with general manager. What they are both looking for is a great personality and excellent customer service skills are crucial. Now, applications have to be submitted online ONLY and a resume can be uploaded. After that, call the store and ask to speak with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    The pay, always ask how much the pay is. Especially when you have a family.