T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Basic interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Westminster, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Started off online and had to fill out personality test. Was then called with in a few days and had an interview with the manager followed up by another interview with the general manager about three days later. Fairly simple and basic questions asked about the industry and certain situations to face. Nothing that was a surprise.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i were to order a martini what would be my response and how to upcharge.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Onalaska, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Onalaska, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

1-2 interviews. They jump right in for aggressive questions. My best advice, let your personality shine, they want fun people who will show guests a good time and help create a solid customer base.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a table in someone else's section who hadn't been greeted for an extended period of time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Server Interview

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   1 Answer

Busser TGI Fridays Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Porter Ranch, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really BS in y situation. I went in and they forgot about my interview. They ask simple questions why do you want to work here? Do you get along with others easily? How have u dealt with a customer before? The interview are very simple questions that you could answer without hesitation.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions

• Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very friendly. The store manager is a very approachable woman and very honest and no nonsense which is very appreciated. I was hired right on the spot and had to visit the securities office a few days later to complete the paperwork and security access forms.

Negotiation

There was none.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

easy

better position elsewhere

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saint Charles, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on a Friday July 14th, got called the next day and had an interview on Sunday night with the Host manager. He told me I was a really good candidate for the job because I had work at a TGI Fridays before, he said I was going to have a second interview with the general manager to expect a phone call. So yesterday July 16 I got a phone call from the GM to have the second interview with get on July the 17 and she said she liked me that I have a really good personality and she said congratulations you got the job. The manager is the best she looks like a real nice manager as well as the host manager. I think im going to love this job.

Interview Questions

• What does TGI Fridays Means?   1 Answer