T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions

• Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very friendly. The store manager is a very approachable woman and very honest and no nonsense which is very appreciated. I was hired right on the spot and had to visit the securities office a few days later to complete the paperwork and security access forms.

Negotiation

There was none.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

easy

better position elsewhere

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saint Charles, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on a Friday July 14th, got called the next day and had an interview on Sunday night with the Host manager. He told me I was a really good candidate for the job because I had work at a TGI Fridays before, he said I was going to have a second interview with the general manager to expect a phone call. So yesterday July 16 I got a phone call from the GM to have the second interview with get on July the 17 and she said she liked me that I have a really good personality and she said congratulations you got the job. The manager is the best she looks like a real nice manager as well as the host manager. I think im going to love this job.

Interview Questions

• What does TGI Fridays Means?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

After applying online I was called for an interview about a week later. I passed the first interview and went on to a second. After the second interview I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. I was very open with my schedule and was excited to start.

Service Manager Interview

Interview

Simple enough, I moved up the ranks over the years, never had a real interview, just a series of chats. A much more natural manner of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seekonk, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Seekonk, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I spoke with the bar manager over the phone following completion of the online application, then had a face to face interview with the general manager. The general manager asked about my two existing jobs which I told her I planned to keep until I was sure the new job would work. She explained that the training process was very involved and would demand a lot of time. This convinced me to quit my lower paying job.

Interview Questions

• What kind experience. How much availability. What my expectations were.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was kind of ridiculous. There were 3 interviews: One with the FOH manager, one with the general manager, and one with the owner. They were all fairly easy, didn't ask any unexpected questions. I pretty much knew I got the job after the second interview but I had to talk with the owner. The last two interviews ended up being with me and another girl interviewing at once. We both got the job.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

I applied online and recieved a phone call the same day. I scheduled an interview with the manager and was told to come in that week. I arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the host. I was interviewed by the store manager and general manager at the same time- was really stressful. After a series of questions about my experience, they started telling me about the job and what was expected of me. Interview lasted less than an hour and I was given a job offer before I left.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other applicants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Springfield, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

I was Contacted by a recruiter - sent a link for an online management assessment then contacted for a one on one interview with Director of Operations. Short phone interview with head of HR. Interview was professional yet relaxed, very engaging. Didn't feel nervous or intimidated, staff was very courteous as the interview was conducted on site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Made an offer within previous salary ranges, met in the middle on base salary