T.G.I. Friday's

2.3

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2012.

phone interview, restaurant site interview with GM, interview with district manager

Interview Questions
    • questions were routine;
      How long do you plan to work here?

View Answer

District manager was late to meeting; very judgemental; and somewhat unprofessional.
    Gave an air about self that my experience was not as good as Friday's would be

Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2012.

It was an internal interview from an hourly position. Interview with the HR director in the area and then an interview with the district manager. You have to pass the assessment test to get to the second round. Final interview on the phone with the Vice President of the Region.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that I was an hourly employee who had been with the company for many years my questions were more based on what I could bring to the management team to increase scores and profitability.   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer given as it was only my second salaried position.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

3 part interview with HR, DO and VP, took 2 -3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the boiling temp of water?, How do you treat people? What is the temp danger zone?   View Answer
    OVer the phone very easy, they give me a no and I countered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2012.

Three interviews. First with kitchen manager, second with bar manager, third with general manager. General "what would you do" questions; how I handled certain situations, etc.

Interview Questions
    "You're pretty much hired..."

Bar Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2012.

I was a server and a shift supervisor (key holder) positions were available for a bar manager, and service manager. i interviewed with the Director of our region, interviewed with a hiring manager through HR, the VP of our regions right hand man, and then our VP. went to training one week after accepting the position. (training was 5 weeks, usually 9 weeks long if you are new to the company or not a validated shift supervisor)

Interview Questions
    • they asked pretty normal questions, nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    pretty one sided, they wouldn't give me a number so with the help of glassdoor and some other sites I asked for a number and they gave me what i wanted.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

Was called the day after I applied online, went in two days later and interviewed with our General Manager, then came back a day later and interviewed with the Bar manager, and lastly with the service manager. I applied as a host, but they said that I had enough work experience to be a server ( even though i had no restaurant experience) took a personality test which i passed, then signed all W2 papers and was told to come in for training the next week! It was a great process. Followed around a great longtime employee who coached me before i felt comfortable taking my own section.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell our General Manager a bottle of ketchup haha, i did it pretty well, but make sure you know how to talk to people casually, while you are really trying to influence them, especially people in power   Answer Question
    I was given papers to sign, and able to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

I had an interview with a kitchen manager, which is so nice person. Asked me about work experience, my great weaknesses and strength, then told me about the time of the next interview with a general manager who asked the same questions, after that i was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What means hospitality for you?   View Answer
    • why do you wanna work at the restaurant with food?   View Answer
    n/a

Server/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

one on one and then filling out paper work

it was a server position so everyone get a standard base pay o f $5.00

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2011.

I met with the manager, and he told me about the job; salary, training process. He then asked me to describe myself and asked me if I had any questions for him. He told me that if he were to continue the hiring process, I would be called back for another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2011.

I applied online and was called in for an interview about 3 days later. I went in two days later and met with the kitchen manager. He mostly just clarified my experience, and then asked if I had any questions for him. I didn't get a second interview.