T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Nashville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early. Hosts were very friendly and asked if I wanted a drink while I waited. One came and asked me to sit at a booth for the manager. Manager was really laid back and read the questions off of a sheet. They were pretty basic questions but there were 2 I didn't understand and had to bs it. I saw that there were sections for him to rate my answers 1-5. I was too nervous (hadn't had an interview in 2 years) so I didn't come off very fun or outgoing and ended up not getting a call even after coming back for a second interview. I was more interested in working in the back of the house so they could probably sense that.

Interview Questions

• He grabbed the salt grinder off the table and told me to sell it to him.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

Well, i applied on snag-a-job, received a phone call about 3 days later. attended the interview. I went through three rounds of mangers: hostess manager, server manager, and ended with the general manager. All of the questions involved customer service experiences, what you can contribute to the job, and problem solving. If you get to the general manager, you basically have the job. Another plus, was that the restaurant hadn't opened yet, so they really needed to hire a lot of people. The restaurant is now open, and they still have openings for severs. Go apply on snag a job!

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the restaurant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, its stated in the application that you will be receiving minimum wage: 8.00/hr

Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

I was very surprised by the interview process. Two people walked in. One excused herself. A few minutes into the conversation the second person excused herself. They ended the interview 10 minutes into the session and boy was I glad. I brought a pen capable of recording both audio and my keystrokes - commonly known as a LiveScribe. It seemed to freak them out. I thought wow what do these people have to hide. This place was not what had been sold to me - a really good place to work with cool people. The interview was interrupted twice. A total wash. They said they had to attend to an urgent matter - yeah right.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online. It was kind of long.
    I got a phone call in the morning asking if I was still looking for a job and if so would I like to come in for an interview.
    My interview started a late and there was someone who had to be interviewed before me. While I waited I chatted with the host there. He told me that the job was and I would probably get it.
    There wasn't really any interview questions. I was asked about my previous work experience and availability. The interviewer explained that the job was really easy, I would be trained on the technical stuff but it was important that I was upbeat and smiley. The person who was supposed to make the final decision wasn't in so I had to come back for a second interview.

In the second interview I was asked if I had any restaurant experience. I got a more detailed info on the pay wage, job description. At the end he asked if I had any questions. I couldn't think of any so he explained that there would be a orientation and I would be filling out paperwork at that time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Aurora, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Hostess Interview

Application

interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

Interview

They were quick with the interview and it was extreamly easy! Just b urself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Temecula, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Questions

• I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Pearland, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Three interviews mainly based on personality questions. The managers might also ask questions that pertain to your life example if you. have kids or go to school. This is where the person trying to get hired should demonstrate their personalty. As for dressing up for the interview itself can be dressed casual not too much emphasis on formal unless it is your personal style

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Troy, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

phone interview, restaurant site interview with GM, interview with district manager

Interview Questions

• questions were routine;
      How long do you plan to work here?

1 Answer

District manager was late to meeting; very judgemental; and somewhat unprofessional.
    Gave an air about self that my experience was not as good as Friday's would be

Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

It was an internal interview from an hourly position. Interview with the HR director in the area and then an interview with the district manager. You have to pass the assessment test to get to the second round. Final interview on the phone with the Vice President of the Region.

Interview Questions

• The fact that I was an hourly employee who had been with the company for many years my questions were more based on what I could bring to the management team to increase scores and profitability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer given as it was only my second salaried position.