T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

Bar Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2012.

I was a server and a shift supervisor (key holder) positions were available for a bar manager, and service manager. i interviewed with the Director of our region, interviewed with a hiring manager through HR, the VP of our regions right hand man, and then our VP. went to training one week after accepting the position. (training was 5 weeks, usually 9 weeks long if you are new to the company or not a validated shift supervisor)

Interview Questions
    • they asked pretty normal questions, nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    pretty one sided, they wouldn't give me a number so with the help of glassdoor and some other sites I asked for a number and they gave me what i wanted.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2013.

I applied online. It was kind of long.
    I got a phone call in the morning asking if I was still looking for a job and if so would I like to come in for an interview.
    My interview started a late and there was someone who had to be interviewed before me. While I waited I chatted with the host there. He told me that the job was and I would probably get it.
    There wasn't really any interview questions. I was asked about my previous work experience and availability. The interviewer explained that the job was really easy, I would be trained on the technical stuff but it was important that I was upbeat and smiley. The person who was supposed to make the final decision wasn't in so I had to come back for a second interview.

In the second interview I was asked if I had any restaurant experience. I got a more detailed info on the pay wage, job description. At the end he asked if I had any questions. I couldn't think of any so he explained that there would be a orientation and I would be filling out paperwork at that time.

No negotiating.

Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I was very surprised by the interview process. Two people walked in. One excused herself. A few minutes into the conversation the second person excused herself. They ended the interview 10 minutes into the session and boy was I glad. I brought a pen capable of recording both audio and my keystrokes - commonly known as a LiveScribe. It seemed to freak them out. I thought wow what do these people have to hide. This place was not what had been sold to me - a really good place to work with cool people. The interview was interrupted twice. A total wash. They said they had to attend to an urgent matter - yeah right.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2009.

Walked in and filled out an application for hostessing, did not hear anything for maybe a week and then I walked in again to check on the status of my app. Then I got interviewed on the spot and hired pending a shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard, although they did ask who my favorite band was.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Server/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

one on one and then filling out paper work

it was a server position so everyone get a standard base pay o f $5.00

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2008.

one on one interview with a group orientation

no negotiation phase

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2008.

BHI process, with 3 part interview with final offer from GM or DO

Negotiated over the phone once offer was made, they gave no and I countered and recieved what I asked for.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2008.

Be prepared to show them your skills and that you don't drop things.

Interview Questions
    None I took minimum wage.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2008.

Quick response to online application. Management persistent to setup an interview. Easy interview, based mainly on appearance.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that a customer at your previous employment was unhappy. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for base salary.