T.G.I. Friday's

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Westminster, CA

I applied online and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to bartender who told me they were hiring servers. I called the manager the next day and she told me that she would like to schedule an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as schedule and experience, but it was very relaxed, it did not even feel like an interview. The second interview was with the general manager this interview was more typical asked questions like "What would would you do in a situation with an unhappy customer". Received a letter within a few days that I had been hired.

Interview Question – What would you do with an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2012.

Interview Details – I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Question – I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Question – What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details – Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Question – Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – easy

Interview Question – all simple straight forward   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better position elsewhere

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was kind of ridiculous. There were 3 interviews: One with the FOH manager, one with the general manager, and one with the owner. They were all fairly easy, didn't ask any unexpected questions. I pretty much knew I got the job after the second interview but I had to talk with the owner. The last two interviews ended up being with me and another girl interviewing at once. We both got the job.

Interview Question – Why T.G.I. Fridays?   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived 10 minutes early. Hosts were very friendly and asked if I wanted a drink while I waited. One came and asked me to sit at a booth for the manager. Manager was really laid back and read the questions off of a sheet. They were pretty basic questions but there were 2 I didn't understand and had to bs it. I saw that there were sections for him to rate my answers 1-5. I was too nervous (hadn't had an interview in 2 years) so I didn't come off very fun or outgoing and ended up not getting a call even after coming back for a second interview. I was more interested in working in the back of the house so they could probably sense that.

Interview Question – He grabbed the salt grinder off the table and told me to sell it to him.   Answer Question

Aurora, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in October 2012.

Interview Details – In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at T.G.I. Friday's

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T.G.I. Friday's Server interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by T.G.I. Friday's employees and interview candidates.