T.G.I. Friday's

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Heights, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – Had an open house interview. I came in, filled out an app and a personality quiz, then I waited for my number to be called. Talked to the manager, he liked the way I spoke to him and he liked my experience. But he looked at my personality test and was confused. A lot of their questions are redundant, repeat themselves and half of the scenarios they give will probably not happen in that kind of environment.

Interview Question – How does someone with a personality like yours score so low on the personality test? Obviously that must mean that there's something a little weird with your test, and not everyone is a good test taker.   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Interview Question – scenario questions   View Answer

Westminster, CA

I applied online and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to bartender who told me they were hiring servers. I called the manager the next day and she told me that she would like to schedule an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as schedule and experience, but it was very relaxed, it did not even feel like an interview. The second interview was with the general manager this interview was more typical asked questions like "What would would you do in a situation with an unhappy customer". Received a letter within a few days that I had been hired.

Interview Question – What would you do with an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2012.

Interview Details – I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Question – I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Question – What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Server

I applied in-person and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's

Interview Details – Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Question – Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Server

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview Details – easy

Interview Question – all simple straight forward   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better position elsewhere

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was kind of ridiculous. There were 3 interviews: One with the FOH manager, one with the general manager, and one with the owner. They were all fairly easy, didn't ask any unexpected questions. I pretty much knew I got the job after the second interview but I had to talk with the owner. The last two interviews ended up being with me and another girl interviewing at once. We both got the job.

Interview Question – Why T.G.I. Fridays?   View Answer

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!