T.G.I. Friday's Server Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cranston, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was greeted immediately and was taken to a booth where I was told I could wait then soon after approached by two assistant managers. They were very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Scheduling was extremely fair. Pay is non negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Alexandria, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I arrived to my interview 10 minutes early and was greeted by the hostess. She had me take a seat to the side and said the manager would be right with me. 5 minutes later, another lady approached me and asked what could she do for me. I told her I was expected by the hiring manager for my upcoming interview. She told me that he was running late and that he would be right with me. Another 5 minutes later, the same lady returned and said she would be conducting my interview. During the interview, she told me that she was the service manager and sometimes conducts interviews when the restaurant manager is unable to make it. I could tell that she wasn't prepared to interview me because she showed up with a blank piece of paper and just stared at me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. Do you have any experience as a server? 3. When was the last time you came to Friday's as a guest? 4. How long do you see yourself working here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch. Overall good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Evansville, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I came in and sat with a manager, she informed me that the position i was applying for's manager was on a leave of absence. She asked me basic questions about my life, my experience, if I had ever worked in the food industry, and why i wanted to work there. She described the hours, job detail, and sent me to the GM who then asked me personal questions .

Server Interview

Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Bridgewater, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called within a week for my first interview. It was pretty basic, generic interview stuff. the manager was friendly and polite throughout. I went back in for my second interview later that week. I sat down with the general manager and he asked a few more in depth questions. I started work less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you failed to provide the best customer service possible."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2014.

Interview

Went to the job fair after seeing ad on Craigslist. Three rounds of typical server questions; how to handle difficult customers, how do you greet your guests,etc. Hired by the GM at the end.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to a family as opposed to a couple?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard server pay