T.G.I. Friday's Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, they got back to me within 5 days. Scheduled an interview for the next week. Started off with the basic, 'So tell me about yourself'. Manager was very nice and seemed interested but couldn't offer me a job because they filled the position the day before but told me to keep in touch.
Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays. Very Professional. It was great. Helpful. Hope I get the job. Love TGIFridays.

Server Interview

Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2014.

Interview

Went to the job fair after seeing ad on Craigslist. Three rounds of typical server questions; how to handle difficult customers, how do you greet your guests,etc. Hired by the GM at the end.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to a family as opposed to a couple?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard server pay

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Westminster, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Jackson, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One with a manager from Memphis, one with the kitchen manager, and one with the general manager. I was told I got the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite TGI Friday's menu item? (I never ate there before)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Westminster, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Started off online and had to fill out personality test. Was then called with in a few days and had an interview with the manager followed up by another interview with the general manager about three days later. Fairly simple and basic questions asked about the industry and certain situations to face. Nothing that was a surprise.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i were to order a martini what would be my response and how to upcharge.   Answer Question