T.G.I. Friday's Server Interview Questions

2.2

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2014.

I had 3 interviews. One with a manager from Memphis, one with the kitchen manager, and one with the general manager. I was told I got the job that day.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite TGI Friday's menu item? (I never ate there before)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2014.

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions
    its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2013.

Talked to bartender who told me they were hiring servers. I called the manager the next day and she told me that she would like to schedule an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as schedule and experience, but it was very relaxed, it did not even feel like an interview. The second interview was with the general manager this interview was more typical asked questions like "What would would you do in a situation with an unhappy customer". Received a letter within a few days that I had been hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2012.

I waited for 20 minutes for the manager to approach me. When we finally sat down, he talked for 30 minutes. I couldn't understand anything he said except or "you're only working long hours?" Which he asked me 5+ times. Apparently he thought that since I had kids, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Interview Questions
    • I couldn't understand the manager interviewing me because his accent was so thick.   Answer Question
    This is a serving job. There's no negotiation.

Server Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions
    • Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

easy

better position elsewhere

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!