T.G.I. Friday's

Updated Dec 20, 2014

2.2

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

Easy hire process through workforce 1. They are willing to take on entry level positions. As long as you are friendly, willing to learn, and an overall dependable employee, they give you a chance. They ask a few questions about your life goals and what you love most about customer service jobs. They want to know that you are dependable like any other job as well.

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in December 2014.

Filled out an application online was called two days later to come in for an interview. I scheduled an interview for a Saturday at 2pm. I got there at 1:50 and waited until 3:30 to be interviewed because the manager clearly has no idea how to actually manage things. He was on a conference call and some other guy interview me who had no idea what he was doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2014.

Applied online, called me in 3 days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the general manager and his assistant, then they said they will pass my information on to the district manager and I would get a call from him to interview with. Interviewed with the DM, was very laid back. They are just looking for someone who has a good personality and about great customer service.

Interview Questions
    its a server position, there is no negotiating.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2014.

Went to the job fair after seeing ad on Craigslist. Three rounds of typical server questions; how to handle difficult customers, how do you greet your guests,etc. Hired by the GM at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What would you recommend to a family as opposed to a couple?   Answer Question
    Standard server pay

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

very conversational. typical interview questions. direct questions bout serving. online test after interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

I interviewed with the server manager and the general manager after. The server manager asked me about my previous serving experience, asked me how I would sell her a ketchup bottle. If she likes you then she will take you to the next step which is to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me this ketchup bottle?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. It is minimum wage. 8/hr + tips (taxed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied online – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in March 2014.

I had 3 interviews. One with a manager from Memphis, one with the kitchen manager, and one with the general manager. I was told I got the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite TGI Friday's menu item? (I never ate there before)   Answer Question

Server Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. First I had to take a written personality test and after I passed I met with the server manager. After several easy questions consisting of my prior work history and hobbies, I then met with the host manager for then same questions. Then after about 30 minutes of waiting I met with the general manager who only asked me questions about my background and finally met with the bar manager who asked me situational questions such as "what would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?" He then hired me right on the spot. Now this particular Fridays was corporate owned which is why I'm guessing I had to meet with so many managers. Most are franchised owned and most likely more layed back.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest claimed they ordered something else and received the wrong entree?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Informal interview with GM. Was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were easy. I think GM wanted to make sure I had the personality for the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview often pertains to a persons personality over qualifications. The restaurant business is about ones personality working with customers and garnering return visits.

Interview Questions
    • Unrelated quirky questions like "If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?" etc...   Answer Question