T.G.I. Friday's Waitress Interview Questions

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Waitress Interview

Interview with a manager and a trial shift.

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate working on night at the weekend (including Friday) rather then two shifts.

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Waitress Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

This was a very quick interview with the manager. The manager asked if I had ever waitressed before and what I could bring to the restaurant .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2012.

Was called the day after I applied online, went in two days later and interviewed with our General Manager, then came back a day later and interviewed with the Bar manager, and lastly with the service manager. I applied as a host, but they said that I had enough work experience to be a server ( even though i had no restaurant experience) took a personality test which i passed, then signed all W2 papers and was told to come in for training the next week! It was a great process. Followed around a great longtime employee who coached me before i felt comfortable taking my own section.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell our General Manager a bottle of ketchup haha, i did it pretty well, but make sure you know how to talk to people casually, while you are really trying to influence them, especially people in power   Answer Question
    I was given papers to sign, and able to

Waitress Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2008.

Interview with a general manager, then a long personality test, and the one final test. It goes pretty quickly, I was hired the next day.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2011.

Discussed my background in waitressing.

Interview Questions

Prefer to work for a private restaurant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2010.

Because of the relaxed atmosphere, it should come as no surprise that my initial decision to apply at TgiFridays was based on eating there as a customer. I had come in with two friends and one of these friends was pregnant. She had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to drink; our server brought multiple drinks to her before it tasted right to her. I was impressed with the patience of the server and the willingness of the restaurant to help her find a drink. I asked to see a manager and I asked about whether they were hiring.

After the conversation with the manager, I filled out an application and the next day I had a phone call. I went through a first interview and was then passed to a second quickly. The managers asked me how I solved problems, how well I got along with others, what motivated me, and what kinds of positive reinforcement I was used to. Friday's tries to find servers who can balance very different, individualized personalities with work ethic. It is the morale of the restaurant to have servers who do not conform to the restaurants way, but who complement the business's policies in their own way. They found me suitable and I started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Explain briefly a situation in which you and a supervisor disagreed on something, and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a two week long training schedule that enabled me to quit my former job in good standing. I was able to negotiate a schedule that worked out perfectly.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in August 2013.

Applied online, then received 'pre interview' questions to fill out, after 4 days received an email inviting me to an Audition interview. Arrived, played some team work games, got to know the group (only around 20 of us there) then had 2 minutes to do our party trick/performance/presentation. I did a performance of a song with my guitar, someone did a tap dance and someone else brought along props to do with their life and spoke about them. They then ask you simple questions like 'how do you think your personality will fit in at Fridays?' And 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time'.
    That is all done in front of a group, then individually taken away for questions. Simple ones again like 'why fridays?' 'Do you have any holidays planned?' 'How do you plan to get here.'
    Still waiting on whether I was successful or not as audition was only yesterday.

Interview Questions
    • 'What would your personality bring to Fridays, how would you fit in?'   View Answer