T.K. Maxx

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.4

CRM Headquartters Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T.K. Maxx.

I applied online and received a call for an interview a couple of days later. I had an initial interview with the "hiring assitant"; he asked the standard questions as he had not clue of the specifics of the role; he was there for an "assesment of my character"; what do i know about the company, etc. the questions that lost me was " what's the minimuim salary you'd work for"... once I heard this question I knew I didn't want to work for a company lookin to pay the bare minimum, and I guess it all went downhill from there. Oddly enough was invited for a second interview with the manager. Perhaps because I already had the initial interview in my mind Ididnt make much of an effort on the second one. I asked a few questions regarding their startegy; the answers obly reinforced my feeling towards the role.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the minimum salary you'd work for   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

it was easy so i did not do a lot to get it but rember the easy the interview the moor likly its not the right job please don't work there wish i said no now

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in June 2014.

I applied via paper application, then I was invited to a group interview then invited to a one to one interview, which was a bit challenging. The manager then called me up the same day and offered me the role.

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in February 2014.

Online application, video interview and then 2 assessment centres. Everyone was really friendly and put you at ease. There were no trick questions just make sure you do your research on the company and the off-price retail model.

Interview Questions
    • A logical test - each question was individual to the interviewee so required you to think on the spot.   Answer Question

Saled Assistant Interview

They asked me less personal questions and more about working and situations, for example what interested me about the company, a situation you found yourself in where you had to do something you didnt want to and they got me to ask 2 customers a few questions about shopping and cutomer service in store

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in September 2013.

The interview process is very basic. At my branch, they made us do a team-building exercise, so we all got into pairs and had to find out as much about each other as we could - then we had to do a small presentation on what we found out about the other person. Then they asked us to go on to the shop floor and write down on a piece of paper things that make TK Maxx unique and different from other high street retailers - this task took about 15 minutes.

After that, we all had one on one interviews with the standard questions, why do you want to work here? Your hobbies/ interests, past experience, what you can bring to the role, etc..

Trainee Einkauf Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx.

1) Erster Kontakt bei einer Karrieremesse

2) Online-Bewerbung

3) Online-Bewertung

4) HireVue Bewerbungsgespräch, das aus 10 Fragen besteht

5) Aufgabe zum Etat + Gruppendiskussion; Aufgabe zum Einkauf + Gruppendiskussion

6) Persönliches Bewerbungsgespräch & Präsentation

1) Initial contact at a job fair
    2) Online application
    3) Online assessment
    4) HireVue interview consisting of 10 questions
    5) Allocation task + group discussion; Buying task + group discussion
    6) 1:1- interviews & presentation

Interview Questions
    • Wie lässt sich Unterpreis-Verkaufspolitik mit der Verkaufspolitik im traditionellen Einzelhandel vergleichen?   How does off-price merchandising compare to merchandising in traditional retail?
      How does off-price buying compare to buying in traditional retail?

Answer Question

Finance Intern - 12 Month Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in February 2013.

Video Interview - questions - Why have you chosen your University and your course? Why TJX ? Why Retail? Why Finance? What would you say are the main differences between a finance department for an off price retailer compared to a full price retailer? What would be the main considerations of the finance department if TJX were to expand by double? Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? What do you know about our unique off price concept?

Interview Questions
    • What would you say are the main differences between a finance department for an off price retailer compared to a full price retailer?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview process was very easy. First off you watch and video about the company. Then you are given a booklet with questions of what you would do in certain situations. It's very easy and there are multiple choice answers. Then as long as you get over a certain mark on those answers you get a 15 minute interview. Very easy relaxed interview asking about experience, what you think of the company, about previous jobs, what motivates you and your availability. I then got called the next day to be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, they were all relatively easy mainly based on experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Finance Scheme Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.K. Maxx in December 2012.

Applied online, then offered a video interview.