T.K. Maxx

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.K. Maxx in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through handing in my CV in-store. I was contacted with details of a recruitment evening where many potential employees met up and performed various team-building exercises and the more prominent people were selected. I was assigned to a store that was convenient for me on a contract that was negotiable in terms of hours.

Interview Question – A role-playing exercise where we were expected to calm down a situation involving a return and an angry "customer".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to choose my available hours across a 7 day week

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T.K. Maxx in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews usually happen after an application is handed into the store. Never known them do a group interview, usually a one on one, lasting no longer than half an hour. Questions are very standard... name a time when you have had good customer service, what would you do if you had a difficult customer..

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Probably 'what can you bring to the bussiness'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called a matter of days after the interview and offered the job, started within 2 weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview Details – Interview process was very easy. First off you watch and video about the company. Then you are given a booklet with questions of what you would do in certain situations. It's very easy and there are multiple choice answers. Then as long as you get over a certain mark on those answers you get a 15 minute interview. Very easy relaxed interview asking about experience, what you think of the company, about previous jobs, what motivates you and your availability. I then got called the next day to be offered the job.

Interview Question – Nothing really, they were all relatively easy mainly based on experience.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Northampton, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T.K. Maxx in November 2010.

Interview Details – i received a call from the ass. manager of the store asking if I was still looking for a job.
Went in for an interview. Met 2 members of management and an half hour later was given an offer letter.

Interview Question – A customer is really rude to you at the fitting room because she wants to take more articles of clothing in to try on but you have informed them that they are alowed only 6, how would u handle them?   View Answer

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at T.K. Maxx in September 2011.

Interview Details – compeleted an application form, got a phone call that i was offered an interview. on the day, we had to complete some multiple choices questions you can only be offered an interview if you passed the questions which they did not informed us on the phone, then we had to do a practical activity. this involves asking customers and other employees questions aboout the company and the store and finaly there is an 1:1 interview for about 15 mins. questions were very stright forward.

Interview Question – how much do you know about the company   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for T.K. Maxx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T.K. Maxx Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by T.K. Maxx employees and interview candidates.