T.K. Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

1.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

it was easy so i did not do a lot to get it but rember the easy the interview the moor likly its not the right job please don't work there wish i said no now

Other Interview Reviews for T.K. Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in September 2013.

The interview process is very basic. At my branch, they made us do a team-building exercise, so we all got into pairs and had to find out as much about each other as we could - then we had to do a small presentation on what we found out about the other person. Then they asked us to go on to the shop floor and write down on a piece of paper things that make TK Maxx unique and different from other high street retailers - this task took about 15 minutes.

After that, we all had one on one interviews with the standard questions, why do you want to work here? Your hobbies/ interests, past experience, what you can bring to the role, etc..

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview process was very easy. First off you watch and video about the company. Then you are given a booklet with questions of what you would do in certain situations. It's very easy and there are multiple choice answers. Then as long as you get over a certain mark on those answers you get a 15 minute interview. Very easy relaxed interview asking about experience, what you think of the company, about previous jobs, what motivates you and your availability. I then got called the next day to be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, they were all relatively easy mainly based on experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in June 2012.

I applied for the job through handing in my CV in-store. I was contacted with details of a recruitment evening where many potential employees met up and performed various team-building exercises and the more prominent people were selected. I was assigned to a store that was convenient for me on a contract that was negotiable in terms of hours.

Interview Questions
    • A role-playing exercise where we were expected to calm down a situation involving a return and an angry "customer".   View Answer
    I was able to choose my available hours across a 7 day week

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in September 2011.

compeleted an application form, got a phone call that i was offered an interview. on the day, we had to complete some multiple choices questions you can only be offered an interview if you passed the questions which they did not informed us on the phone, then we had to do a practical activity. this involves asking customers and other employees questions aboout the company and the store and finaly there is an 1:1 interview for about 15 mins. questions were very stright forward.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in November 2010.

i received a call from the ass. manager of the store asking if I was still looking for a job.
    Went in for an interview. Met 2 members of management and an half hour later was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • A customer is really rude to you at the fitting room because she wants to take more articles of clothing in to try on but you have informed them that they are alowed only 6, how would u handle them?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in October 2010.

It was more of an informal chat and a couple of questions on my experience and my abilities. I had very little experience at the time but still got the job! She also asked me to go out on the shop floor and ask a couple of customers to fill out a shop questionnaire to see how my communication and customer service skills were.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in August 2009.

Interviews usually happen after an application is handed into the store. Never known them do a group interview, usually a one on one, lasting no longer than half an hour. Questions are very standard... name a time when you have had good customer service, what would you do if you had a difficult customer..

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Probably 'what can you bring to the bussiness'   View Answer
    I was called a matter of days after the interview and offered the job, started within 2 weeks.