T.K. Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email inviting me to an interview the following weekend with the day/time and where the interview was being held. I applied for a new store that was opening so the interview was held at a T.K Maxx in the local area. When I arrived I was shown to a room with other people who were there for an interview. We sat at tables in 4's and various managers gave presentations on customer service. We were then told that we had half an hour to fill out a set of scenario questions that were on the table in front of us. There were about 10 scenarios to complete and each had statements you had to tick for which you most agreed with and then a box underneath so you could explain why you chose this answer, this part was done in silence. There was a certain score you had to get on this to be able to be given an interview, they were marked straight after everyone completed the questions. If you passed this, the interview itself was a one to one and was very simple with general questions about past experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• What skills have you learnt from past experience that would help you with working at T.K Maxx   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for T.K. Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Milton Keynes, England (UK)).

Interview

First interview was a customer service exam in a group- multiple choice answers and had to justify your answers Second interview was one-to-one. Make sure you have knowledge about TJX Europe and the off-price model. Basic interview questions but manager very friendly and helped if you got stuck

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

it was easy so i did not do a lot to get it but rember the easy the interview the moor likly its not the right job please don't work there wish i said no now

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied via CV, got an interview a couple of days later. The interview lasted about an hour as we got chatting. It became quite informal, however, still had to answer the questions formally. The interview was friendly, but assertive. I got offered the job via telephone a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very basic. At my branch, they made us do a team-building exercise, so we all got into pairs and had to find out as much about each other as we could - then we had to do a small presentation on what we found out about the other person. Then they asked us to go on to the shop floor and write down on a piece of paper things that make TK Maxx unique and different from other high street retailers - this task took about 15 minutes. After that, we all had one on one interviews with the standard questions, why do you want to work here? Your hobbies/ interests, past experience, what you can bring to the role, etc..

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. First off you watch and video about the company. Then you are given a booklet with questions of what you would do in certain situations. It's very easy and there are multiple choice answers. Then as long as you get over a certain mark on those answers you get a 15 minute interview. Very easy relaxed interview asking about experience, what you think of the company, about previous jobs, what motivates you and your availability. I then got called the next day to be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, they were all relatively easy mainly based on experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job through handing in my CV in-store. I was contacted with details of a recruitment evening where many potential employees met up and performed various team-building exercises and the more prominent people were selected. I was assigned to a store that was convenient for me on a contract that was negotiable in terms of hours.

Interview Questions

• A role-playing exercise where we were expected to calm down a situation involving a return and an angry "customer".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to choose my available hours across a 7 day week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx in September 2011.

Interview

compeleted an application form, got a phone call that i was offered an interview. on the day, we had to complete some multiple choices questions you can only be offered an interview if you passed the questions which they did not informed us on the phone, then we had to do a practical activity. this involves asking customers and other employees questions aboout the company and the store and finaly there is an 1:1 interview for about 15 mins. questions were very stright forward.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ayr, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Ayr, Scotland (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Was invited in for an informal chat with one of the department managers. In a dismal room, interviewer was creepy. Didn't sign a contract. The employer was good in relation to the hourly rate they offer to staff which is above minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx in March 2011.

Interview

casual iinterview,, they didnt ask much so it was easy. the employer was very friendly we got along shared similar interest and he was very polite and for that reason we got along and i was offered the job. if i could cgange one this is changing the company because it is fast paced environment and is very busy and we couldnt have time to ourselves and i dont know but it depends on how you are as a person i guess. sorry