T.K. Maxx Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

it was easy so i did not do a lot to get it but rember the easy the interview the moor likly its not the right job please don't work there wish i said no now

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in June 2014.

I applied via paper application, then I was invited to a group interview then invited to a one to one interview, which was a bit challenging. The manager then called me up the same day and offered me the role.

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in February 2014.

Online application, video interview and then 2 assessment centres. Everyone was really friendly and put you at ease. There were no trick questions just make sure you do your research on the company and the off-price retail model.

Interview Questions
    • A logical test - each question was individual to the interviewee so required you to think on the spot.   Answer Question

Saled Assistant Interview

They asked me less personal questions and more about working and situations, for example what interested me about the company, a situation you found yourself in where you had to do something you didnt want to and they got me to ask 2 customers a few questions about shopping and cutomer service in store

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in September 2013.

The interview process is very basic. At my branch, they made us do a team-building exercise, so we all got into pairs and had to find out as much about each other as we could - then we had to do a small presentation on what we found out about the other person. Then they asked us to go on to the shop floor and write down on a piece of paper things that make TK Maxx unique and different from other high street retailers - this task took about 15 minutes.

After that, we all had one on one interviews with the standard questions, why do you want to work here? Your hobbies/ interests, past experience, what you can bring to the role, etc..

Finance Intern - 12 Month Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in February 2013.

Video Interview - questions - Why have you chosen your University and your course? Why TJX ? Why Retail? Why Finance? What would you say are the main differences between a finance department for an off price retailer compared to a full price retailer? What would be the main considerations of the finance department if TJX were to expand by double? Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? What do you know about our unique off price concept?

Interview Questions
    • What would you say are the main differences between a finance department for an off price retailer compared to a full price retailer?   View Answer

Graduate Finance Scheme Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T.K. Maxx in December 2012.

Applied online, then offered a video interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in June 2012.

I applied for the job through handing in my CV in-store. I was contacted with details of a recruitment evening where many potential employees met up and performed various team-building exercises and the more prominent people were selected. I was assigned to a store that was convenient for me on a contract that was negotiable in terms of hours.

Interview Questions
    • A role-playing exercise where we were expected to calm down a situation involving a return and an angry "customer".   View Answer
    I was able to choose my available hours across a 7 day week

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in November 2010.

i received a call from the ass. manager of the store asking if I was still looking for a job.
    Went in for an interview. Met 2 members of management and an half hour later was given an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • A customer is really rude to you at the fitting room because she wants to take more articles of clothing in to try on but you have informed them that they are alowed only 6, how would u handle them?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at T.K. Maxx in October 2010.

It was more of an informal chat and a couple of questions on my experience and my abilities. I had very little experience at the time but still got the job! She also asked me to go out on the shop floor and ask a couple of customers to fill out a shop questionnaire to see how my communication and customer service skills were.