Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at T-Mobile
- Retail Sales Associate (202)
- Customer Service Representative (96)
- Retail Sales Representative (61)
- Retail Store Manager (24)
- T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate (23)
- Sales Associate (18)
- Technical Support Specialist (15)
- Retail Associate Manager (14)
- Store Manager (14)
- Financial Care Representative (13)
- Sales (10)
- Business Development Manager (10)
- Store Operations Associate (10)
- RSA (8)
- Sales Representative (8)
- Director (7)
- Senior Manager (6)
- Customer Service Representative II (6)
- Retail Sales Leader (6)
- Senior Engineer (5)
- Analyst (5)
- Coach (5)
- Customer Service and Sales Representative (4)
- Senior Product Manager (4)
- Account Executive (4)
- Account Manager (4)
- Senior Project Manager (4)
- Sales Consultant (4)
- Customer Care Representative (4)
- Customer Service Representative I (4)
Account Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.
I have been through 4 interviews for this position. All have been very professional and it is down to myself and another candidate. I have done 3 phone interviews and 1 in person. Everything so far has been pretty straightforward so I have no complaints. I hope to get an offer next week as all interviews are now complete.
- Typical interview questions( Why do you want this position?, Why should we choose you over other candidates?) I did get asked about my current salary and what I would want to leave my current role. I am really am excited about the opportunity and felt I did a solid job on the questions. Nothing came up that caught me off guard so hopefully I get the offer next week Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile
Account Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile.
So far a really positive experience with the hiring process and quality of employees. Hopefully I hear something soon. The recruiter even followed up to see how the interview with the hiring manager went.
- why would you think you should be selected for the role we are hiring for? Answer Question
Account Manager InterviewAccepted Offer
Phone screen, mainly looking for enthusiasm and motivational fit, as well as description fit based on prior experiences. Laid back interview for first interview, situation questions looking for STAR answers. Read about their values, it helps the interview.
- I roll played a difficult situation they were facing. They wanted to see how I would react when dealing with a difficult person, but desired to maintain a good relationship. This was very specific to role of Account Manager Answer Question
Easy, once they decided they did not have another option and were willing to come up an extra 10%.
Account Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.
I already was a contractor at Marketsource for Tmobile as an Account Manager. TMobile planed to take over the title and add one more employee to the team due to growth of territories and business. In the interview, the interviewer knew what type of worker I was, how hard I worked and what skills I had has an Account Manager for T-Mobile. The interviewer was my District Manager during my contract period and reassured me that I was most definitely going to be a part of the T-Mobile Account Management team. Long story short, the position was given to a friend that was a friend of another employee who was willing to do favors. So, my advice to candidates is always prepare for the worse and keep looking even though you are told you have position, keep looking.