T-Mobile Interview Questions in Bellevue, WA

Updated Jun 27, 2015

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an hour and a half phone interview after telling the Recruiting Manager that I had laryngitis and a fever. She said she wouldn't take much time and plowed through her list of questions ignoring the fact that I was whispering during the call. This should have been my first clue about her management style.

Interview Questions

• Do you have childcare set up?
      How many children do you have?

3 Answers

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Phone interview with the HR followed by a couple of face to face interviews to meet the hiring manager and the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly revolved around project management and how to handle difficult situations   Answer Question

Good

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews with several people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview for this role at T-Mobile, the first being with the recruiter who was nice but I think there was an opportunity for her to be more genuine. Her details of the role for me was very different from when I actually met the hiring manager. When I met the following two days with the hiring manager I thought he was rude and arrogant. Quite a strong opinion but it seem he was preoccupied with other work and trying to multi-task while trying to interview me the entire 45 minutes with him. It wasn't because there was no interest on his part, but rather a lack of focus and respect which tells you a lot about the type of manager he is.

I eventually spoke with about eight people at T-Mobile. Seven of the eight were intelligent, thoughtful, and great to talk with.

I didn't get the job and never got a call back.

Marketing Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

I passed my resume to a T-Mobile employee at the career fair of a conference. Didn't hear back from him after two weeks so I sent a follow up email. He didn't ever reply back but in a few days someone from HR contacted me to schedule an interview. I talked with three people on the phone for 40-45 minutes. We went over my resume briefly. Afterwards, they had a case study question which took up the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Say T-Mobile wants to give a $10 rebate to new subscribers. How would you evaluate this rebate's effectiveness?   Answer Question

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

1/2 day. panel and one-on-one. Pretty straight forward, they like to ask questions like, "tell me about a time you had to..." "tell me about a time when x didn't work out the way you planned"

Interview Questions

• Some people will try to pick apart your answers and push you a bit and try to get you to be defensive   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to schedule phone screening then invited for a series of interviews with hiring manager and various members of the team. Interviewed by hiring manager and 2 peers but never actually met the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I was given a hypothetical case study and asked to answer it the best I could. They are looking for analytical reasoning skills to see how you approach problems rather than looking for a specific answer to the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with 5 people individually.
    Questions probed thought process, problem solving, creativity, values

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. They came in on the high end and were not trying to low-ball me.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Project manager was very warm wishing, interviewers were project manager and senior business systems analyst. Interview went for about 30 minutes f2f. Questions were more related to experience as business analyst and problems i faced as business analyst in the past projects. Definitely there were digging into my details on resume related to experience. Were looking for someone with certification as professional BA.

Interview Questions

• All were difficult as they were looking for more details.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Recruiter spoke to me about salary. Then scheduler followed up with times/dates of interview. Then I came in and met with 4 people, for an hour each, one after another. A Director, 2 senior managers, and a copywriter. Several looked at my work, but the other 2 just talked about the job and whether I'd like it and how it compared to what I'd done in the past.

Interview Questions

• What design trends do you see in websites these days.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter offered about $10k less than I wanted. I said I was making (in a vague way) in the range of X. And I sounded a little hesitant about the amount she mentioned. She said maybe 5k higher than that. I said it's worth an interview but I'm not sure. They really wanted me so came in at the exact amount I really wanted. 10k above what they'd offered.