T-Mobile

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2012.

Interview Details – First a recruiter contacts you. Then you go for an in person interview. Once you have that interview you move forward to phone interview. Final interview is a sales pitch presentation then you go before the director.

Interview Question – They always ask different questions but they usual tell me about your self or what makes you so good kind of thing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated twice but then had to make a choice

Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2013.

Interview Details – IF you don't already work there in another position, forget it. They hire from within 90% of the time. Unless you know or get to know the actual manager where you want to work you have 0% chance. This is a team oriented environment and they are very selective about who is on the team. Race, gender, orientation have no affect. They want the best. period.
You usually have to prove yourself in the market lower to the position you are applying for before you can move up.
1. look for the open position and apply. ( Best to have a friend that already works on that team do a personal introduction to that manager.) They do not really publish the position or go over the resumes that flood in.

2.Do whatever you need to do to get the interview in front of the actual manager.

3. They will ask you a bunch of standard questions for sales, background and your future plans. Have a plan ready/ ASk for the job because your are the right fit. Sell yourself as if you would sell a customer a product. You will have 30-60 minutes.

4. If you semi closed the deal, you will be scheduled at least 2 field rides with 2 different sr. sales people on 2 different dates. This is more a personality test for the team, and they will try to just see if you can cold call without freezing up. If you can sell and talk to people in a professional way. You'll pass, unless you get the occasional A-Hole that wanted his friend to get the position. ( Very important that you know the team before applying or have a friend on the team)

5. Once you get to the next level, and interview (30 min.s) with the second level manager. You are already hired. unless you blow it here. Another personality test, and a little sales game or role play to see if you choke on the finish line. Pretty easy and no pressure.

6/ Background and driving record check. You better be clean and less than 4 points on license. At 10 points in 4 years you're history.

Entire Process after first interview takes45-60 days. You almost know from day one if you are going to get the position or not. They don't play with you.

Interview Question – Most difficult question. What's your salary requirement?
 Too much; Adios.
Too little; and you're stuck.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a cap, but will offer you less if you don't go in with the correct information.

Business Development Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – 1st interview was a phone interview with a recruiter. The 2nd interview was on site where I had three different interviews the same day. Interviewed with two separate managers and then was asked to come back that day to meet with a Regional Manager. I had a follow up interview a week later and was offered the job. Process was very professional. It took exactly 4 weeks from the initial application to the job offer.

Interview Question – Very behavioral questions which is always expected in a sales role. They are definitely looking for a team player that will fit their culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very aggressive with there offer, and it will be different based on where the position is located do to different cost of livings most likely.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2013.

Interview Details – The New York office conducts a group interview under the guise of Hiring Seminar. At which time you will have to make a small presentation with a group of candidates. The good ole boys roam about and observe your behavior and interaction within the group. If they like you, you will be called in for the standard behavioral interview. HOWEVER, prior to the interview or any job offer you are required to complete a HireRight background screen. Under the T-Mobile guidelines if you have a SPEEDING TICKET you will not meet their hiring criteria. ;) Sure.

Interview Question – S.T.A.R interview.
look regardless of the interview the screening process is simple, will your ethnicity FIT their office culture!
  Answer Question

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter phone screen, Hiring manager phone screen.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most difficult sale   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – Two of the easiest interviews I have ever been on

Interview Question – Tell me a time you were not succesful in a sale and what would you change?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview by an internal recruiter.
Interview with 2 Managers.
Interview with Regional Manager.

Interview Question – What is my coping mechanism and how do I manage change personally.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is available, however there is limited, it goes back through HR and Finance and is not guaranteed. They try to offer the most competitive offers initially. Different markets get paid different amounts depending on regions and cost of living.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!