T-Mobile

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Submitted app online with employee reference. Was originally denied but showed up for a hiring event and spoke with a recruiter. Was asked to come back for the "day in the life" experience. Got a call about two weeks later for an interview. The interview was simple. Basic questions about why T-mobile and why I'm a good fit for the position. A few questions about my greatest strengths and weaknesses. How I've dealt with angry customers, messed up at a job, applied feedback from a supervisor, company policy I didn't agree with, etc. They really just want to know that you can admit when you've made a mistake, but also were able to correct it and move forward without it hindering your performance overall. Be thorough with your answers. They like details, but don't be wordy. Don't just ramble. It's also a reflection of your communication skills. Also included a brief role play: you're given a sheet of info that tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The interviewer leaves the room and calls a phone inside the room and plays the customer. For mine the customer wanted to cancel their service and had to offer a service that would be a better fit to keep them from canceling. Everything is on the sheet they give you so you don't really even have to think about it. You just need a friendly and professional tone. Sound confident and you're in.

No negotiating. They make an offer based on experience and education. Average starting pay is between $11-$13 hr.

Customer Service & Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Applied online through the T-Mobile website. Got a call back about a week later and answered some pre-interview questions over the phone. Was invited to "A Day In the Life" where you see a presentation about the company, position, and benefits and then go sit with a rep to listen to actual calls. Was then sent an e-mail to choose my interview date.

It's a behavioral interview so the questions are like "Tell me about a time when..." and they are looking for specific examples from your past work history so it's best to practice at home first. They use the S.T.A.R. method: state the SITUATION/TASK, explain what ACTIONS you took to handle it, and tell the RESULTS.

After the questions, I was left alone and given 10 minutes to study a paper about a mock company (you are not required to memorize it though). Then, the interviewer called me from another room acting like an actual customer calling to cancel service and I was expected to convince her not to cancel and present her with different options more suitable.

She came back in the room and asked if I had any limitations on my schedule and said they were going to run a background check which took about 7 business days to complete. Then they called me with the job offer. I start in a week!!

Interview Questions
    • 1) Name a time you had an irate customer. What techniques did you use to calm him down and what were the results?

2) Name a time you disagreed with a policy put in place by your supervisor/company and how did you handle it?

3) Name a time you received criticism from a supervisor/co-worker and how did you improve from it?

4) Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?
        View Answer

Customer Service and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2013.

Went through whole hiring process; online application and assessment, "day in the life" orientation, and interview with supervisors in the customer service department. All of the questions were behavioral questions, none about skills, experience and other "normal" interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted you to answer the questions in a specific way or they would not record your response.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

The type of interview you can expect is situational. That means, you will be asked questions that start with "Tell me about a time . . . " To successfully navigate these questions, you will need to have several "stories" about situations you encountered at past jobs. When answering the questions, think S.T.A.R Situation or Task (what happened), Actions (what you did) and Results (what was the outcome).

The things you will be asked about are times when a customer was angry and took it out on you (normally this is verbally), how you receive feedback, how you responded when you got feedback you disagreed with, and how you decide what you will present by way of sales, to a customer. (This is key because T-Mobile has moved to a sales to service culture).

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not meet metrics or goals. What did your supervisor do/say. What did you do in response and the final outcome.   Answer Question
    I used my customer facing experience to start at the top hourly rate, $14.00 per hour instead of the lower rate $12.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2012.

I put an application online, recieved an email a day later to come in to "a day in the life" which is basically a tour of T-Mobiles call center & you get to sit down with Customer Service Reps listening in on how they handle daily customer conflicts. At the end of the tour if you beleive T-Mobile is the place for you, you get to scheduale an interview. The interview last about 45 min to an hour which is a 2 on 1 interview. All the questions they ask they want specific events that have happened in previous jobs, you have to explain in specific details. At the end of the interview they say they will contact you regarding their decision, I got an email 30 min after getting home requesting me to fill a background check application using HireRight. After a week HireRight verified my background T-Mobile called me with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you were criticized & how did you improve from it?   Answer Question
    • What techniques would you use to sell me goods or services?   Answer Question
    You dont get to negotiate they have a system that calculates your years of customer service experience to determine your pay rate.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

I applied online and during the application I took a skills test. The test consisted of answering questions about how you would handle scenarios (least likely, most likely, etc), and also listening to mock phone calls and navigating the system while also picking the best responses to the customer.

I got an email a couple of days later asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic. It mostly just just covered my experience and explained the job requirements, hours, etc.

I was then scheduled to come into the call center for "a day in the life." We had a tour of the call center, and sat with two agents to listen in on calls (about half an hour each). One agent was still in training, the other was a seasoned agent. I thought this was good because it gives you a chance to see where you'll start out and where you'll be with some hard work and experience. They also did a slide-show presentation about different aspects of the department.

I then scheduled my in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people.... they went back and forth asking questions. They were pretty typical questions (tell me about a time you had to calm down an angry customer, etc.) I was told I should hear from HR within 10 days. They let you know if you don't get the job, they don't leave you hanging. I actually got a call later that day to fill out my background check info online.

I'm now in the background check stage. If that goes well, they will make an offer. I was told that rate of pay is based on your experience. After the background check confirms your employment history, they plug the number of months experience into a chart to determine pay and it is between $11-$13/hour plus the opportunity for bonuses.

Everyone I have met at T-Mobile from the security guards to the coaches have been extremely friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were not pleased with your performance. (I wasn't prepared for this one at all!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2010.

I got a call about 2 weeks after I did the application and assessment online. They did a short interview over the phone with me and then scheduled me for something called a day in the life, which is where you go to the call center and they give you a tour and let you sit with a few reps and listen to them take calls, if after that you decide you still want to work there, they then schedule you for an interview. My interview was scheduled the following week, I was then given a call back a few days later stating that they were conducting the background check, I forgot how long it took but it took longer than the normal background

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a irate customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in July 2010.

You had to take a "test" where they used a system that imitated working at a call center and you have to make at least a 60. Then, went for a "day in the life" where you learned more about the job, then set up for 2:1 interview. Was offered the job and the day before training they informed me that I had a typo on my application that caused my background check to come back with a warning message and the revoked their offer.

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2010.

Applied on line and recieved an email stating that I didn't qualify. So, I applied again online and was directed to an assessment. I recieved a call the next business day scheduling an over the phone interview. Passed that and I have a Day In the Life interview next week. I was told that this is the last step before background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2009.

quick, basic question, nice environment, but repetitive

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, they expect you to say with the company   Answer Question