T-Mobile

T-Mobile Coach Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coach Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Panel Interview with behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
  • Those that require applicable previous experience   View Answer
negotiated salary some based on experience

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2013.

So far, I have only been through the initial phone interview. I was first contacted by email, through which we scheduled a telephone interview. The interviewer was very pleasant, and allowed me to do much of the talking, to get a sense of who I am and what I was looking for. She prompted me with general questions, and allowed me to expand on those ideas. It was really more of a conversation than than an interview, which was not intimidating in any way.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing she asked was too difficult. Like I said it was more of a conversation than anything. Explain a time when you had to discipline an associate, would be the most difficult.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2008.

If your interviewing for management it is fairly simple. You will be part of a panel interview and they will ask you questions from a guide that is being used. They make all decisions based on the STAR method of thinking. This would also be helpful if you are interviewing for a rep position. STAR stands for "Situation, Task, Action and Result" and your answers should consist of all these parts and in that order.

Also, make sure you dress for success! It is a call center but it is also a fashion show so wear a nice suit and tie with matching shoes and belt. Make sure your clothes are ironed and neatly tucked into your pants. Remember to stand and greet the interviewer and shake their hands. Engage them in the small talk because that counts towards your interview.

Do not thow off on any of your previous employers even if it is Verizon or AT&T that is bad business. Do not tell stories how you cocked an attitude with a customer or employee talk about working together to reach a resolution.

In the area of coaching and Feedback, the rule of thumb at T-Mobile is to "Build on Strengths" to help someone improve their performance. You will never want to start a conversation about what someone is not doing well. There is a lot of focus on personalitiy profiles (Thinker, Feeler, Entertainer, Controller). If you can research this, then it will help with the interview as well.

Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to show concern for a customers/employees issue?   View Answer
    • What makes T-Mobile the best place to work/perform   View Answer
    Negotiate your salary if your are going to be in management. They have a huge range for salaries.

Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

INitial communication was with recruiter - she was very helpful, identified which position i was best fit for, very supportive in identifying my strengths with regards to the position and honest in discussing potential drawbacks. then went in for interview - was not told before hand it was a panel interview. Panel was stiff and not very friendly. Then brought back for 1:1 with GM. Very nice guy, asked me to answer how I would respond in this/that situation.

No negotiation