T-Mobile

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

I applied online and during the application I took a skills test. The test consisted of answering questions about how you would handle scenarios (least likely, most likely, etc), and also listening to mock phone calls and navigating the system while also picking the best responses to the customer.

I got an email a couple of days later asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic. It mostly just just covered my experience and explained the job requirements, hours, etc.

I was then scheduled to come into the call center for "a day in the life." We had a tour of the call center, and sat with two agents to listen in on calls (about half an hour each). One agent was still in training, the other was a seasoned agent. I thought this was good because it gives you a chance to see where you'll start out and where you'll be with some hard work and experience. They also did a slide-show presentation about different aspects of the department.

I then scheduled my in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people.... they went back and forth asking questions. They were pretty typical questions (tell me about a time you had to calm down an angry customer, etc.) I was told I should hear from HR within 10 days. They let you know if you don't get the job, they don't leave you hanging. I actually got a call later that day to fill out my background check info online.

I'm now in the background check stage. If that goes well, they will make an offer. I was told that rate of pay is based on your experience. After the background check confirms your employment history, they plug the number of months experience into a chart to determine pay and it is between $11-$13/hour plus the opportunity for bonuses.

Everyone I have met at T-Mobile from the security guards to the coaches have been extremely friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you were not pleased with your performance. (I wasn't prepared for this one at all!)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Customer Care Representative Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2010.

Just a basic phone call interview. Then three in person.

There is none. Compensation is based off of what they consider experience.

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2008.

The first interview is a phone interview performed by HR personnel. The recruiter calls to make sure you understand the hiring process and sets up a panel interview. The panel interview isn't as scary as it sounds, it's generally performed by two people. The interview questions are pretty standard fare, but you do role play with your interviewers. One of your interviewers will play a customer to see how you respond to customers. If you have experience as a customer service rep, this will be no problem. If not, relax and respond to the best of your abilities. They are not looking for any right or wrong answers, they are trying to see if your personality is a good fit for the company. They will also give you on the spot feedback regarding how you handled the, "call."

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had to tell a customer, or someone else, something that you knew would upset them.   Answer Question