T-Mobile Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Submitted app online with employee reference. Was originally denied but showed up for a hiring event and spoke with a recruiter. Was asked to come back for the "day in the life" experience. Got a call about two weeks later for an interview. The interview was simple. Basic questions about why T-mobile and why I'm a good fit for the position. A few questions about my greatest strengths and weaknesses. How I've dealt with angry customers, messed up at a job, applied feedback from a supervisor, company policy I didn't agree with, etc. They really just want to know that you can admit when you've made a mistake, but also were able to correct it and move forward without it hindering your performance overall. Be thorough with your answers. They like details, but don't be wordy. Don't just ramble. It's also a reflection of your communication skills. Also included a brief role play: you're given a sheet of info that tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The interviewer leaves the room and calls a phone inside the room and plays the customer. For mine the customer wanted to cancel their service and had to offer a service that would be a better fit to keep them from canceling. Everything is on the sheet they give you so you don't really even have to think about it. You just need a friendly and professional tone. Sound confident and you're in.

No negotiating. They make an offer based on experience and education. Average starting pay is between $11-$13 hr.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

I attended an hiring event, took the assessment and passed. I spoke with the recruiter and she set me up to be scheduled for a phone interview within the next couple days. The phone interview took about 25-30 minutes long. Simple questions, I passed the phone interview. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview that was about a week later. When I arrived at the interview. I signed a document stating I had no schedule conflicts for the next 8 weeks that would prevent me from attending training. I, then was sent to a computer room where I listened to a couple calls from tmobile customers. Afterwards, the manager came and took me on a tour of the call center. After the tour was over, I had do some role playing and then answer 4 interview questions. It was a very positive experience for me. However, I'm still waiting on a email stating yay or nay about the position.

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Online Applications, come in and do a computer test that tests basic computer skills and basic math, came in and was asked questions by two people from their hr department, was called the next day and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you messed up a customer order and they where calling back what would you say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in June 2014.

Submitted an application after going to a career exploration event at the Salem Worksource center. Made sure to include a good cover letter to supplement my lack of experience. Was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was informal. Recruiter I spoke with really wanted to make me feel comfortable. About an hour later I got a call to schedule an in person interview at the call center. Went to the interview, which lasted over an hour. A coach toured me around the building (which was very nice), I sat and listened to a call, then she took me to ask some questions. After that, I did a "role play" activity, where I answered a mock phone call. Wasn't difficult, but ended up not getting the job, because they want actual customer service experience. But a really cool company to work for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Several interviews with various levels of management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2014.

Went in for a "Day in the Life" Job Fair. Applied on-site and had a face-to-face interview. They called me about a week later to formally offer me the position and send an E-Mail for a background check. Background check took 10-11 days to come back and for them to set me up on a training schedule. All told, it was ~3 weeks from interview to hire.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me how you dealt with a new policy change you did not agree with."   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

I was called after an online application submission. I then took an assessment. Total 3 interviews and nearly 2 months of training.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if.....(there were several situation questions)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2014.

I applied online for T-mobile call center. I was contacted 7 days later via email to participate in what is called "A day in the life". A recruiter gave us a very detailed presentation on what they do at t mobile, the many benefits they offer, what to expect in the interview, salary, training schedule, dress code (there isn't one), several shifts they have, and bonuses. Then the recruiter gave us a tour of the building. A day in the life lasted 1 hr and 30min. The recruiter answered all questions. It was very informative. When it was over the recruiter let us set up an interview that was suitable to our schedule.

The first impression I had when I walked in was that it is a very relaxed an happy environment. Every one was polite. They provide a fun, relaxed, and happy environment. They do not have a dress code. They want you to be comfortable. As long as you are professional with the customers. Does not seems like they have upper management hovering over their every move. Pretty much a self motivated work place.

The interview was basic. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I was interviewed by a coach. First part I listened in on 2 phone calls then went to another room where the coach asked me 5 Behavioral Questions and Finally we did role play. It was a phone in the interview view room he went else where and called. Basically he pretended he was a customer calling and I was the representative. I think that went great!

All in all it went well. Quick process. Happy people. Tmobile seems like a great company to be a part of.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a policy that your manager put in place and how did you handle it? Tell me a time you delt with a difficult situation. Tell me a time when you were in a stressful situation and did you handle it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile.

First, you apply online and take a test at home. The test takes a long time the first time you take it; plan about 2 hours to take the test. Next, the person in charge of hiring at the specific call center you applied will contact you to schedule a phone interview. Next, the phone interview comes, then within about 2-3 days they will send you an email to say yay or nay to the next step, an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the most difficult question involved hypothetical responses to certain calls. Since you don't know the policies or procedures to typically do, it's hard to guess. I believe they are looking for you to assume how you handle the situation, and if need be make up a policy you believe they may have.   Answer Question

Online assessment, orientation, interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based questions. Most of them are very odd and didn't support any of my pervious work experience. Very long interview.   View Answer