T-Mobile

Average Difficulty
67 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – Online Applications, come in and do a computer test that tests basic computer skills and basic math, came in and was asked questions by two people from their hr department, was called the next day and offered a position.

Interview Question – If you messed up a customer order and they where calling back what would you say?   Answer Question

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application after going to a career exploration event at the Salem Worksource center. Made sure to include a good cover letter to supplement my lack of experience. Was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was informal. Recruiter I spoke with really wanted to make me feel comfortable. About an hour later I got a call to schedule an in person interview at the call center. Went to the interview, which lasted over an hour. A coach toured me around the building (which was very nice), I sat and listened to a call, then she took me to ask some questions. After that, I did a "role play" activity, where I answered a mock phone call. Wasn't difficult, but ended up not getting the job, because they want actual customer service experience. But a really cool company to work for.

Interview Questions

Nashville, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went in for a "Day in the Life" Job Fair. Applied on-site and had a face-to-face interview. They called me about a week later to formally offer me the position and send an E-Mail for a background check. Background check took 10-11 days to come back and for them to set me up on a training schedule. All told, it was ~3 weeks from interview to hire.

Interview Question – "Tell me how you dealt with a new policy change you did not agree with."   Answer Question

Interviewed at T-Mobile

Interview Details – Several interviews with various levels of management

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – I was called after an online application submission. I then took an assessment. Total 3 interviews and nearly 2 months of training.

Interview Question – What would you do if.....(there were several situation questions)   View Answer

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call about 2 weeks after I did the application and assessment online. They did a short interview over the phone with me and then scheduled me for something called a day in the life, which is where you go to the call center and they give you a tour and let you sit with a few reps and listen to them take calls, if after that you decide you still want to work there, they then schedule you for an interview. My interview was scheduled the following week, I was then given a call back a few days later stating that they were conducting the background check, I forgot how long it took but it took longer than the normal background

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a irate customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for T-mobile call center. I was contacted 7 days later via email to participate in what is called "A day in the life". A recruiter gave us a very detailed presentation on what they do at t mobile, the many benefits they offer, what to expect in the interview, salary, training schedule, dress code (there isn't one), several shifts they have, and bonuses. Then the recruiter gave us a tour of the building. A day in the life lasted 1 hr and 30min. The recruiter answered all questions. It was very informative. When it was over the recruiter let us set up an interview that was suitable to our schedule.

The first impression I had when I walked in was that it is a very relaxed an happy environment. Every one was polite. They provide a fun, relaxed, and happy environment. They do not have a dress code. They want you to be comfortable. As long as you are professional with the customers. Does not seems like they have upper management hovering over their every move. Pretty much a self motivated work place.

The interview was basic. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I was interviewed by a coach. First part I listened in on 2 phone calls then went to another room where the coach asked me 5 Behavioral Questions and Finally we did role play. It was a phone in the interview view room he went else where and called. Basically he pretended he was a customer calling and I was the representative. I think that went great!

All in all it went well. Quick process. Happy people. Tmobile seems like a great company to be a part of.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a policy that your manager put in place and how did you handle it? Tell me a time you delt with a difficult situation. Tell me a time when you were in a stressful situation and did you handle it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview, now it is 2 however.

Negotiation Details – was none, this is what it is.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – First, you apply online and take a test at home. The test takes a long time the first time you take it; plan about 2 hours to take the test. Next, the person in charge of hiring at the specific call center you applied will contact you to schedule a phone interview. Next, the phone interview comes, then within about 2-3 days they will send you an email to say yay or nay to the next step, an in person interview.

Interview Question – I guess the most difficult question involved hypothetical responses to certain calls. Since you don't know the policies or procedures to typically do, it's hard to guess. I believe they are looking for you to assume how you handle the situation, and if need be make up a policy you believe they may have.   Answer Question

Oakland, ME

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was immediately asked to complete an online customer service simulation. It takes about an hour. If you did well you are approved to submit your application. Two days later I received an email inviting me to schedule an in person interview at my local call center. I did so .The interview was short and fairly easy. The coaches who interviewed me made me feel relaxed and they seemed fun, like they really enjoyed their jobs. I left feeling confident. A few days later I got an email to do the background check process. About 9 days later after the background check cleared I received a call with an offer.

Interview Question – Besides asking your customer questions, how would you determine what their needs are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, they call and make an offer and you can accept or decline. The pay offer was higher than I expected so I accepted immediately.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!