T-Mobile Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The interview was an easy conversation. They really just wanted to know that I had previously worked in a customer service type role and if I were trainable for the job. The interview only lasted for 20 maybe 30 mins. It was also interviewed by two people. Overall a simple interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online and completing the assessment, I was interviewed by phone and was welcomed to DITL (Day in the life) where I was interviewed at the end of the session. The interview consisted of about 5 questions about different scenarios helping coworkers, meeting goals, and selling. At the end of the interview we did a role play activity where the interviewer stepped out of the room and placed a mock call.. I was informed I would receive a decision the next day 😩

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you implemented a new process and how did you overcome it...   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had specific goals to complete and how did you meet the requirements...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Salem, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Over all it wasnt a very pleasant experience at all. the application way very long winded, and required a lot of testing, and the first interview they have you take is the most difficult pre recorded interview, where they only give you 30 seconds to prepare for such obscure STAR questions. like they barely even seemed related to anything. and god forbid should you not have the perfect answer after 30 seconds. i only got to that part, and from what i read it had another 5-8 steps before they even officially hire you.

Interview Questions

• a lot of STAR based questions, very situational, very obscure. like "describe a time when you had to help blah de blah" or "describe a time when you accomplished something"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

Online assessments were pretty easy and helpful. They were kind of long. In person interview was pretty standard stuff. I thought. The role play scenario was easier than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Scenario type questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Ive done the whole process of the assesment. Basically you fill out some answers after watching a video of each scenario. Then your asked personality questions. They will ask you questions based on your previous work skills. They will ask you questions about school.

Interview Questions

• They have different questions where you have to put true or false or agree or disagree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Salem, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a VERY tedious application process compared to any other job I've applied for. Extremely detailed online application, subsequent "test" call, webcam interview, and then an hour and a half on-site interview. While the process wasn't something that a recent college grad like myself shouldn't find difficult, it may prove to be extremely taxing for others. The on-site interview was frustrating for a number of reasons. The tour of the facility was supposed to demonstrate to me that by having salon-style massage chairs, a selfie-station (ugh), a half-assed gym that no one used, and a cafe filled with high-calorie food that it was the perfect place to work and in no way depressing. However, after sitting and watching a girl around my same age answering customer calls, I quickly realized how taxing the verbal abuse could be during at ten hour shift. I asked her how often she was subjected to these outbursts and she feigned an uncomfortable smile as she said "5 or 6 times per hour". While I have worked in a call center previously in addition to other customer service jobs, I have never experienced this frequency of attacks. The next part of the interview consisted of questions aimed at understanding my level of experience with customer service, call centers, critical feedback, and metrics. However, the very first question was about my future goals. I told the interviewer that I was set on going back to school to get my Master's in the next few years. I could instantly tell by the look on her face that it was obviously not what she wanted to hear and/or something that she could not personally identify with. The remainder of the one on one left me very irritated by the woman interviewing me because she had taken the time to print out my resume but obviously had only skimmed its contents. I kept having to correct her on her fragmented understanding of my previous jobs and she continually asked me clarifying questions despite my already having made clear the functions of my previous jobs. I tried to stay patient and keep my cool but this process was unbelievably frustrating and clearly demonstrated a lack of professionalism (or possibly intelligence) on her part. We proceeded to the portion of the interview where I was to look at a script for 10 minutes and then receive a call from a "customer" (the interviewer on the other end). It was fairly easy although she did mention that I wasn't pushy enough trying to upsell the customer, which I will admit is indicative of my minimal sales experience. The last section involved me signing my life away to an 8 week training schedule which allowed for no absences and only gave me Friday and Saturday off. The agreement also suggested that the call center was open 365 days a year and that I would more than likely be required to work holidays, another huge negative. The interview reached its end and when I was asked if I had any additional questions. I asked the interviewer why she enjoyed working for the company. She replied that she had been working there since graduating high school (shocker) and it was great and the company treated her well and basically just regurgitated up another script of corporate jargon. By the time I had left, I had very firmly decided that even if I had been given a job offer, there was no way I could work in this dismal setting. I was told that I would hear a response back in three business days. It took over 7 business days to receive an email telling me that I had not been offered the position. The email gave me more relief than anything. I knew that based on the corporate atmosphere, the ignorant and uneducated managers, the constant verbal abuse, and the inflexible scheduling that this job would have left me in a spiral of depression within the first month.

Interview Questions

• What are your future career goals? What metrics have you been measured under? How do you respond to critical feedback? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How have you dealt with difficult situations? How have you dealt with difficult customers? How have you responded to policy changes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was your basic interview where you're asked questions about how you handle current situations and what was the out come. They said somebody would contact me within a week and I didn't hear back from anyone and couldn't reach the recutier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Charleston, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

The digital interview online had me a bit nervous. They ask a question shown on the screen and you had thirty seconds to prepare before the video turned on to record your answer. Because it have you three role minutes to answer each question, I think I answered too much. You didn't have to use the whole three minutes.

Interview Questions

• How does your background and experience qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The actual application process is tedious. You have to go through a lot of testing and simulation. It's like the company wants to test drive candidates to death so if you enjoy sitting at a computer answering trick personally questions followed by a call simulation, and yet another simulation during the final face to face interview you shouldn't have any problems. good luck

Interview Questions

• tell me how you dealt with a new policy change you did not agree with   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was immediately contacted to complete an assessment. Shortly after I received an invite to complete a virtual interview. Basically some questions would come up on the screen and you would record your answer on your webcam or mobile device, you only got one chance. A couple of days passed and I hadn't heard anything to I called and left a message. That same day they called back to schedule an in person interview. The interview went well. First there was a tour of the "campus" and then they sat down with you and completed a role play exercise to get a feel for your mindset. After that I was sent information to complete a background check, which I did promptly. It's been several days since then, I have no fear the background check will go through, I'm just currently waiting on the recruiter I guess.

Interview Questions

• Name a time there was a change in policy that you had to quickly adapt to.   Answer Question