T-Mobile Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks, including 2 interviews. Got a phone interview first, then i went on to an in person interview. Both were very easy (and i'm terrible at interviewing). The phone interview was basic questions. The questions asked at the in person interview were STAR based, so do your research on that before you interview. Also practice a couple hours the night before for various scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you didn't agree with a company's new policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was based on previous experience.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Richmond, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online via TMobile website. I received the online test one day later. Three days after I completed the test I was scheduled for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for a day in the life 2 weeks later for 1.5 hours. Next had interview with manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were in a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Submitted app online with employee reference. Was originally denied but showed up for a hiring event and spoke with a recruiter. Was asked to come back for the "day in the life" experience. Got a call about two weeks later for an interview. The interview was simple. Basic questions about why T-mobile and why I'm a good fit for the position. A few questions about my greatest strengths and weaknesses. How I've dealt with angry customers, messed up at a job, applied feedback from a supervisor, company policy I didn't agree with, etc. They really just want to know that you can admit when you've made a mistake, but also were able to correct it and move forward without it hindering your performance overall. Be thorough with your answers. They like details, but don't be wordy. Don't just ramble. It's also a reflection of your communication skills. Also included a brief role play: you're given a sheet of info that tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The interviewer leaves the room and calls a phone inside the room and plays the customer. For mine the customer wanted to cancel their service and had to offer a service that would be a better fit to keep them from canceling. Everything is on the sheet they give you so you don't really even have to think about it. You just need a friendly and professional tone. Sound confident and you're in.

Negotiation

No negotiating. They make an offer based on experience and education. Average starting pay is between $11-$13 hr.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com post. The application process was a little long. First you fill an application. The same day or a couple days later I received an invitation to take an assessment and then you complete the application process with more information (as long as you pass the assessment). A day later I received an email to schedule a phone interview a week later. Phone interview was brief and the hiring manager was great. Answered a couple of questions and right then and there I was invited for "A Day in the Life" that was taking place 3 days later. The day in the life was an orientation of sorts about what the company stands for, what the position is all about and a tour of the center. That same day a formal interview was scheduled for the following week with the hiring manager. Interview took about 1.5 hrs and it involved situation based questions, role play and conversation about professional experience, work ethics, etc... Right after the interview I was send home with a "Welcome Aboard" from the HR Manager. The same day I got an email to submit background check and yesterday I got an email with an offer, which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are two obstacles you had to face in order to move forward in a previous job; how did you handle or overcome those obstacles.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at T-Mobile (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2014.

Interview

I attended an hiring event, took the assessment and passed. I spoke with the recruiter and she set me up to be scheduled for a phone interview within the next couple days. The phone interview took about 25-30 minutes long. Simple questions, I passed the phone interview. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview that was about a week later. When I arrived at the interview. I signed a document stating I had no schedule conflicts for the next 8 weeks that would prevent me from attending training. I, then was sent to a computer room where I listened to a couple calls from tmobile customers. Afterwards, the manager came and took me on a tour of the call center. After the tour was over, I had do some role playing and then answer 4 interview questions. It was a very positive experience for me. However, I'm still waiting on a email stating yay or nay about the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Online Applications, come in and do a computer test that tests basic computer skills and basic math, came in and was asked questions by two people from their hr department, was called the next day and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• If you messed up a customer order and they where calling back what would you say?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Salem, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application after going to a career exploration event at the Salem Worksource center. Made sure to include a good cover letter to supplement my lack of experience. Was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was informal. Recruiter I spoke with really wanted to make me feel comfortable. About an hour later I got a call to schedule an in person interview at the call center. Went to the interview, which lasted over an hour. A coach toured me around the building (which was very nice), I sat and listened to a call, then she took me to ask some questions. After that, I did a "role play" activity, where I answered a mock phone call. Wasn't difficult, but ended up not getting the job, because they want actual customer service experience. But a really cool company to work for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Several interviews with various levels of management

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Went in for a "Day in the Life" Job Fair. Applied on-site and had a face-to-face interview. They called me about a week later to formally offer me the position and send an E-Mail for a background check. Background check took 10-11 days to come back and for them to set me up on a training schedule. All told, it was ~3 weeks from interview to hire.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me how you dealt with a new policy change you did not agree with."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I was called after an online application submission. I then took an assessment. Total 3 interviews and nearly 2 months of training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if.....(there were several situation questions)   1 Answer