T-Mobile

Getting the Interview

63 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – I was called after an online application submission. I then took an assessment. Total 3 interviews and nearly 2 months of training.

Interview Question – What would you do if.....(there were several situation questions)   View Answer

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call about 2 weeks after I did the application and assessment online. They did a short interview over the phone with me and then scheduled me for something called a day in the life, which is where you go to the call center and they give you a tour and let you sit with a few reps and listen to them take calls, if after that you decide you still want to work there, they then schedule you for an interview. My interview was scheduled the following week, I was then given a call back a few days later stating that they were conducting the background check, I forgot how long it took but it took longer than the normal background

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a irate customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for T-mobile call center. I was contacted 7 days later via email to participate in what is called "A day in the life". A recruiter gave us a very detailed presentation on what they do at t mobile, the many benefits they offer, what to expect in the interview, salary, training schedule, dress code (there isn't one), several shifts they have, and bonuses. Then the recruiter gave us a tour of the building. A day in the life lasted 1 hr and 30min. The recruiter answered all questions. It was very informative. When it was over the recruiter let us set up an interview that was suitable to our schedule.

The first impression I had when I walked in was that it is a very relaxed an happy environment. Every one was polite. They provide a fun, relaxed, and happy environment. They do not have a dress code. They want you to be comfortable. As long as you are professional with the customers. Does not seems like they have upper management hovering over their every move. Pretty much a self motivated work place.

The interview was basic. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I was interviewed by a coach. First part I listened in on 2 phone calls then went to another room where the coach asked me 5 Behavioral Questions and Finally we did role play. It was a phone in the interview view room he went else where and called. Basically he pretended he was a customer calling and I was the representative. I think that went great!

All in all it went well. Quick process. Happy people. Tmobile seems like a great company to be a part of.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a policy that your manager put in place and how did you handle it? Tell me a time you delt with a difficult situation. Tell me a time when you were in a stressful situation and did you handle it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview, now it is 2 however.

Negotiation Details – was none, this is what it is.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – First, you apply online and take a test at home. The test takes a long time the first time you take it; plan about 2 hours to take the test. Next, the person in charge of hiring at the specific call center you applied will contact you to schedule a phone interview. Next, the phone interview comes, then within about 2-3 days they will send you an email to say yay or nay to the next step, an in person interview.

Interview Question – I guess the most difficult question involved hypothetical responses to certain calls. Since you don't know the policies or procedures to typically do, it's hard to guess. I believe they are looking for you to assume how you handle the situation, and if need be make up a policy you believe they may have.   Answer Question

Oakland, ME

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was immediately asked to complete an online customer service simulation. It takes about an hour. If you did well you are approved to submit your application. Two days later I received an email inviting me to schedule an in person interview at my local call center. I did so .The interview was short and fairly easy. The coaches who interviewed me made me feel relaxed and they seemed fun, like they really enjoyed their jobs. I left feeling confident. A few days later I got an email to do the background check process. About 9 days later after the background check cleared I received a call with an offer.

Interview Question – Besides asking your customer questions, how would you determine what their needs are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, they call and make an offer and you can accept or decline. The pay offer was higher than I expected so I accepted immediately.

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was at a job fair for T-Mobile and there were at least 200 people there as well. I ended up interviewing infront of one of the managers (who would end up being my boss) and asked me questions with the STAR method. After that I went home and got a phone call about another interview. This time I interviewed with two people. They asked the same general questions using the STAR method, I'm glad I studied! I then got a phone call the next day from a recruiter asking if I could start in 3 days. I said most definitely!

Interview Question – When was a time you had to meet a metric, like sales? What did you do to reach that goal?   Answer Question

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2013.

Interview Details – filled out app, interview, and job offer now waiting to start training.

Interview Question – basic questions about what you have done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – email

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – Online assessment, orientation, interview

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions. Most of them are very odd and didn't support any of my pervious work experience. Very long interview.   View Answer

Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2013.

Interview Details – Several interviews with managers that behavior based questions. Emphasis the importance of empathy and taking care of the customers issue with one call.

Interview Question – What if questions, and about a time questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Na

Interviews for Top Jobs at T-Mobile

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!

T-Mobile Videos

T-Mobile – Why Work for Us?

Bring customer experiences to life. Each T-Mobile retail store is staffed with team members driven by professionalism and a genuine interest in helping our customers. It’s a dynamic, service-driven atmosphere where no… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T-Mobile Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 63 interview reviews posted anonymously by T-Mobile employees and interview candidates.