T-Mobile

www.tmobile.jobs

T-Mobile Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington State

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Bellingham, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2013.

Interview Details – I heard about the position via my local unemployment office. The process was very straight forward and transparent. I completed my assessment and then went in for an actual in person interview. T-Mobile does indeed utilize the STAR interview method, make sure you practice the night before. The interview wasn't overly hard and I felt like I did a good job.

Another thing to be aware of. I personally don't have good credit right now and was told by someone in one of my networking groups that T-Mobile won't hire people who don't have good credit. I asked the recruiter point-blank if this was true during my assessment. She told me that T-Mobile is only interested in things like prior work history and criminal records in regards to background checks. They also use Hire Right and it's pretty detailed.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me several questions related to a time where I wasn't successful or failed at something. Make sure that you have a good work related story to tell here. The important thing is that you realize you aren't perfect and that you learned from the experience. The employer wants to hear that you are open to criticism and can grow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a range that they can offer for the CSR I position, $11.20 - 13.52 an hour I believe. You can negotiate withing this range and it is based on experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Bellingham, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2010.

Interview Details – It started off with me filling out an application on their job website. You have also take a skills test at that time too. You'll answer some personality questions and navigate around a mock up of the software they would use for a Call Center CSR position. If they are interested in you they will call you and start the interview process. The interview process is fairly easy and quick. It started off with a phone interview by an internal recruiter. She asked general work experience questions and how my experience applied to this position. If the recruiter finds potential in you he/she will then schedule a face to face interview with you. My case was a little special because I am currently living far away from their call center. What would have been a face to face interview turned into another phone interview with two other recruiters. After that they decided whether they want you in for a 30 minute listening-in session and a final interview. (They do not hire you with out interviewing with you face to face first) The final interview was easy and listening on calls was great because you know right then and there if this is something for you or not. I personally liked it a lot. The overall culture at T-Mobile seems to be exciting and fun. There is a pretty thorough background check you have to pass. The company they outsource this to is called HireRight and they are a bunch of incompetent fools. Just work with them, in the end everything turned out fine and I got an offer which I accepted.

If you want me to be honest, don't waste your time applying for this job if you are not interested in taking an extremely high volume of calls on a daily basis, getting yelled at by strangers or being pushed to sell stuff to people. This position is solely based on performance. Experience is great but if you don't perform to standards you'll have a hard time enjoying this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is not negotiation.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!