T-Mobile

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Secured interview, met with hiring manager, then with team and CXO. isolated in conference room and managers cycle in and out. Final interview was with senior managers at VP and CXO level in their respective offices. Both were myopic, arrogant, rude. The CXO put me on hold while he answered phone calls for first 10min of interview then he appeared to have a very closed mind about listening to any point of view that did not support his position. He was all theory and no substance. The marketing VP had no creativity. His strategy consisted of lowering prices to grow, but he had no insight into his cost structure or margin- nor did he even seem to care. He displayed no creativity and basically wrote off any idea of differentiated services. He openly denigrated his VAS colleagues.

Interview Questions
  • Was not a question it was a statement "we only hire from xyz company"   View Answer
  • It was a statement " focused on lowering costs to drive organic growth, we cannot do VAS"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

Several rounds of interviews starting with phone screen through panel. Be prepared for many internal acronyms, experience in disruptive tech, media or marketing may be helpful now. Brush up on John Legere's online presence, understand the "uncarrier" movement.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive SOGA (Share of Gross Ads)?   View Answer
    limited, salary capped. now with stock, it might be different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

They are through and spent a lot of time having you talk to those up - side and down within the organizaiton you would lead. Multiple visits to corporate and field locaiton to ensure you were a good culture fit. Took care of all expenses associated with interview travel.

Interview Questions
    Pleasant - I had already discussed my expectations prior to receiving my written offer so it matched.

Director Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2009.

In a 30 minute phone screen the recruiter asked detailed questions about positions I'd held 15 years ago! A complete waste of my time. It seems like a completely unprofessional outfit - no emails saying sorry you were not a good fit etc. I can understand that they can't respond to everyone who applies, but if you've taken the time to talk to someone its professional courtesy to follow up.

By the time I got done talking to the recruiter I had no intention of joining them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2009.

Applied online, no response.
    Tracked down hiring manager and copied him on resume, scheduled for phone interview with HR
    Appeared strong but perhaps overqualified or misplaced
    HR Recruiter continued to try and find placement elsewhere in company
    Online job search agent tools are buggy

Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I was able to identify the hiring manager in advance as I knew people at the company. I sent my CV directly to him plus went through the online portal (which was a strain).
    Had a good first phone interview and then on-site interviews with several potential peers, the hiring manager and HR. Afterwards, T-Mobile did not inform me on the way forward actively, I was able to get information from HR but it was nearly impossible to get information from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None - all very straight forward. Nothing you would prepare for.   Answer Question

Director Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2008.

Contacted by third party recruiter and set up phone interview for next day.
    Within three days met with divisional director for first in-person interview.
    Second and final interview was with VP of Retail and divisional director.
    Background took more than a week and once cleared received verbal offer over the phone.

Accepted initial offer.