T-Mobile

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews starting with phone screen through panel. Be prepared for many internal acronyms, experience in disruptive tech, media or marketing may be helpful now. Brush up on John Legere's online presence, understand the "uncarrier" movement.

Interview Question – How would you drive SOGA (Share of Gross Ads)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – limited, salary capped. now with stock, it might be different.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

Interview Details – They are through and spent a lot of time having you talk to those up - side and down within the organizaiton you would lead. Multiple visits to corporate and field locaiton to ensure you were a good culture fit. Took care of all expenses associated with interview travel.

Interview Question – Do you think you could handle the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pleasant - I had already discussed my expectations prior to receiving my written offer so it matched.

Director

The process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2009.

Interview Details – In a 30 minute phone screen the recruiter asked detailed questions about positions I'd held 15 years ago! A complete waste of my time. It seems like a completely unprofessional outfit - no emails saying sorry you were not a good fit etc. I can understand that they can't respond to everyone who applies, but if you've taken the time to talk to someone its professional courtesy to follow up.

By the time I got done talking to the recruiter I had no intention of joining them.

Interview Question – What was your role in XYZ company in 1994?   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, no response.
Tracked down hiring manager and copied him on resume, scheduled for phone interview with HR
Appeared strong but perhaps overqualified or misplaced
HR Recruiter continued to try and find placement elsewhere in company
Online job search agent tools are buggy

Interview Question – How did you put together this process   Answer Question

Director

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – I was able to identify the hiring manager in advance as I knew people at the company. I sent my CV directly to him plus went through the online portal (which was a strain).
Had a good first phone interview and then on-site interviews with several potential peers, the hiring manager and HR. Afterwards, T-Mobile did not inform me on the way forward actively, I was able to get information from HR but it was nearly impossible to get information from the hiring manager.

Interview Question – None - all very straight forward. Nothing you would prepare for.   Answer Question

Director

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted by third party recruiter and set up phone interview for next day.
Within three days met with divisional director for first in-person interview.
Second and final interview was with VP of Retail and divisional director.
Background took more than a week and once cleared received verbal offer over the phone.

Interview Question – How did you change the vision of the organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted initial offer.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!