T-Mobile Financial Care Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Tampa, FL).

Interview

After taking the assessment test, I had recieved an email regarding a phone interview the next day. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about myself. I was later asked if I could come in for a face to face interview which I scheduled for the following day. The interview consisted of a manager and a coach, and we later moved on to shadowing the floor. I was later told that a background check would take place which would take 5-7 business days of completion, and that I would be contacted apon completion.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time in which a supervisor had told you about a change or policy that you did not agree with? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Financial Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their careers section back around 12/4 or 12/5. I got an email the same day asking me to complete the assessment. Once I did that I received an email the next day to set up a phone interview for the following week. The next week I did the phone interview (some STAR questions but mostly reviewing what I put n my resume&app) I then scheduled a face-2-face interview for Friday of that same week. The last interview went great. I knew I had the job just by how they spoke to me. (Panel interview with two managers). I was able to listen in on some calls with one employee, everyone I encountered there told me if I got the job, I would love it! Later on that day, A manager called me back to let me know I got the job. They would wait until my back ground check came back to give me a formal offer. That took about a week. She called me and gave me an offer which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations on my part. I believe they go off your prior verifiable experience. I got the higher end of the offer so I had no issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Tampa Palms, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied Online after being referred by a current employee, took all required assessments after completing application. The next day I received an email inviting me to an interview, and was able to schedule the interview online. Arrived to my interview about 15 minutes early, and was seated in their HR lobby - about 25 minutes after the scheduled interview time - two interviewers greeted me by calling me the wrong name and had wrong application in hand. The interviewers were extremely unprofessional and disorganized, there was more husband and wife type bickering between the two interviewers than there were interview questions. I was asked to tell about myself, a little about my previous work experience and probably 4 or 5 STAR format questions. Then I was left alone for 10 minutes to study a handout about the mock call I was about to participate in. We completed the mock call and I felt confident about all my answers both for the questions and in the mock call. When ending the mock call, interviewer says she'll return to the room right away. The interviewer actually does not return to the room after we end the mock call and had someone else come in 10 MINUTES later and say she is in a meeting, but as soon as I exit the interview room she is cackling with a group of others as if it looks like she's walking out for lunch. I was not able to ask any questions about anything and felt very "ripped off" by this EXTREMELY unqualified interviewer. It actually has changed my opinion about the professionalism of T-Mobile if this is the representative they choose for their Tampa HR Department. Helpful Hint: If you have experience from any Fast Food Chain and speak unclear with a lot of slang terms and smoke a lot of cigarettes - this is obviously the type of employee they're seeking. Outside the front door there were at least 30 people at a time outside smoking cigarettes and it almost looked like a group of high school students with all the horse-playing going on outside. No wonder your issues never get resolved when calling T-Mobile Customer Service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that your supervisor asked you to improve on something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Hoover, AL).

Interview

just a simple interview with normal work questions and also how would you handle this situation if you had to questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the offer was so good there was no need for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, took the assessment test, and received an email days later asking me to schedule an interview. Went to a group panel interview (2 interviewers) and it lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Birmingham, AL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on the T-Mobile website and immediately received an email to complete an online assessment. The assessment was sort of like a simulation. You had a few practice phone calls and you get to choose the answer that you would most likely respond with. The assessment took a little less than an hour to complete. After about 4 weeks, I received a call from an HR representative. We did a mini-phone interview (she basically reviewed my resume and then asked how I would handle a difficult customer who was trying to make a payment arrangement for a past due phone bill). After the phone interview, we scheduled a 1:1 interview for the next week. The interview was your typical STAR interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes. She told me I'd receive a call within the next 2 weeks with a response. It only took 1 week to let me know I got the position, contingent on passing a background check. The background check was the hardest process for some people in my training class. It took some people over 2 weeks to have their background check completed, however, mines didn't take that long. I got a call 3 days later telling me my background check came back and the representative gave me my start date and time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your attention to detail helped resolve a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was no need for negotiation. The pay was based on my years of experience and the rates being paid by their competitives. It was one of the highest offers I'd received.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I applied to Tmobile for a Financial Care Representative position in January of (2013. (Birmingham location) The process has been.great.. I took the assessment online after the application..then about one month or so I did a phone interview. Then I schedule my face to face through a link sent to my email. After the face to face a link to hire right was sent to me. ( I know some people have had nightmare experiences with hireright according to online reviews, but I can say that my experience was smooth can't complain) After the background check was complete.(which is extensive).I was offered the position and I start training April 1st. Isn't God great!

Interview Questions

• Interview was not stressful at all, but be sure you are prepared to answer alot of job related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was very happy with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process went great! The people who worked at T-Mobile were amazingly flexible and worked with my schedule to find a time that we could interview. I greatly appreciated how quickly they responded to all of my voicemails/emails. Finding the building to interview was very easy and the security guards were friendly in telling me where to wait for my interview. I arrived 20mins early and had to wait till about 10mins after our scheduled time for somebody to greet me. I was interviewed alone, with two TMobile associates. They were very friendly and the interview was conducted in a professional yet relaxed way. Of course it was a behavioral interview, "Tell me about a time when..." and I was aware of this going into it. They were great listeners and took really good notes because they never had to ask me to repeat myself and they used many of my answers for more than one question, again so I wouldn't have to repeat myself. Afterwards I was asked to wait another minute in the waiting room while they discussed, then I was informed right away they were moving me through the process and then I was able to listen to some calls with an agent! The building is VERY nice! On the way to the team I was going to listen in with, I interacted with many associates, all who looked business casual and all who had smiles on their face. I met the assistant director and the two coaches for the team I listened in with, they were all so friendly it made me very happy to see smiles everywhere!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was a behavioral question, something to the effect of; Tell us about a time you had to deal with a sudden, significant change in your life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call about a week and a half after my interview. It took the background check a little bit longer than I had thought, so the waiting was a bit nerve racking. The associate who called my was very friendly, and due to my experience I didn't need to negotiate anything I was very happy with the terms of my employment! Next, I am anxious to find out what schedules they have available once I have completed training.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Online assessment was conducted first to match your skill sets.Initial interview was done over the phone, followed by a in person interview with two coaches, pretty general in nature, they use the SAR format Situation Action Results.

Interview Questions

• How would do you feel about asking a customer for a full amount due after they have stated that they cannot afford to pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Birmingham, AL) in May 2012.

Interview

Very laid back process, filled out online application had an in house interview then job shadowed the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None