T-Mobile

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Went to a job fair got interviewed by a few t-mobile managers. After the interview stayed in contact with one manager. I was offered a position then put in my 2 weeks at my current job. Later I was asked to have an interview with the district manager. After that interview t-mobile never contacted me again so I was out of a job

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Gave resume at a Career Fair. Courteous HR people. In person interview. 10 minutes with the HR person. Then with the manager. The manager was very nice. Introduced me to the team and took be around the lab. Felt very comfortable with the team and environment.
    The process took around few weeks. After the offer they asked me to do a background check.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile.

(Retail) The process was pretty quick in going from the store interview to the area manager. Going to different stores helped to meet other employees and get familiar with different types of stores. The feel was laid back but still corp with the typical questions you'd expect: career, what are you skills, some questions on interest, and personality in dealing with teams.

Feedback is pretty quick on how the interview has gone and what the next steps are.

The longest part will be getting your background check complete, by far.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Recruiting team moves fast. From first contact to decision took two weeks and included multiple phone screens and a day long in-person.

Very relaxed ambience during the in-person interview. Informal and casual room setting with sofas for the interview rather than the typical office conf rooms.

Store Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Applied online and received a quick phone interview/screening two weeks later. On the phone, I was asked standard questions and a little bit about my background. It also gave me a chance to inquire a little more about the position as it is still relatively new to the company. At the end of the call, we set up a time and day to meet in person for a more formal interview.

This interview consisted of speaking face-to-face with standard questions such as 'What would you do in [this] situation,' and other basic retail-specific questions. I did ask about the growth potential with this position, but it looks like this is a quite entry-level before becoming a Sales Associate, or someone looking to step down from a managerial position.

Afterwards, a background check is required before proceeding.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to bend/break policy in order to accomplish a job/task.   View Answer

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Applied online. Uploaded resume and filled out application. Took online skills test. You need 2-4 hours set aside to do this all online. Within 3 business days I received a call to set up a phone interview. 2 days later phone interview. Following week 1:1 interview at call center. Listened to calls and did a mock call where I was the CSR. That evening a request to fill out information on background came via email. I filled it out and 1 1/2 days later they offered me the job. Note: for every year of customer service you have within the prior 5 years of applying you get a higher starting pay. Emphasize that in your resume and interviews.

Interview Questions
    Be positive, outgoing, energy! Come with a resume and sell yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

First you have to beat the assessment test online that takes about an hour. Then you have to take some personality tests that are pretty good at finding out if you are lying about yourself. You may interview with the store manager first and then someone higher up like a district manager, or like me, you will interview with the store manager and district manager altogether.

Interview Questions
    • It was a 20-30 minute interview. Questions like,"Tell me about yourself", "Describe a time when you handled a situation.", "What would you do in this situation?","Would you choose a salary based job or a commission based job?", "Why choose a career with T-mobile?", 'What do you want out of this?"   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Standard - Although the interview was not for the job description that was posted by quite a few agencies. The job was for a CM but was inteviewed for the supervisory position over all the CM's. All considering I think it was a pretty laid back and smooth interview. At this point just waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Applied online and got a call for an interview a few days later. The first interview was at the retail store with the general store manager. It went well, took nearly an hour. Got a call back in less than a week for a second interview which will take place in a week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in a certain situation that happened to be out of your control?   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Online application and résumé upload in november. No response until after the holidays. They apologized for the delay and scheduled a first interview round with the store manager, i am currently waiting to have a second interview with the district manager next week. The manager I met with seemed like a great guy to work for. He had a positive attitude and pleasant demeanor.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when I went above and beyond for a customer. Explain a time I didn't meet a customers expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time I found a task less manageable than I expected.   Answer Question