T-Mobile Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Applied last month, had an interview with store manager, he was very friendly, didn't last to long, he said I would have a interview with district manager on next week, we will see how that goes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped one of your coworkers with an issue   1 Answer

Interview

The interview was an easy conversation. They really just wanted to know that I had previously worked in a customer service type role and if I were trainable for the job. The interview only lasted for 20 maybe 30 mins. It was also interviewed by two people. Overall a simple interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Manhattan Beach, CA).

Interview

It was easy for me, I only had 1 interview. Now it is usually around 3 interviews. Mind you applied over 9 years ago, things have changed. I applied and forgot about it, then I get a call a few months later for a position for a new store that was opening. I had an interview, the manager really liked me and hired me on the spot.

Director, Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I initially responded to a posting for the position online. I didn't receive any indication of interest for a week. At the time, posting was made directly by the hiring manager. These days it is nearly always done and the internal recruiting department. The hiring manager asked me to come in for an in-person interview after the initial phone interview. Then he invited me back to go through an interview gauntlet with several Directors and the Senior VP of sales and marketing. After that, the department head decided to re-organize to expand the role and responsibilities of the position. I appreciated this but it significantly increased the timeframe for the interview process. After several more weeks they came back and asked if I would consider relocating out of state and if I could go interview with the department VP. I indicated that I would. It went well was made a competitive offer for the wireless industry. In all it took 9 separate interviews and 10 weeks from initial contact until an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Questions included what you would expect for the position such as "Describe a significant problem you have encountered in business & how you solved it?" to the simple ones, like "who is your favorite basketball player of all time?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I only had one phone interview and one Skype interview. First time in person was after I had been extended an offer and asked to meet my prospective manager and team in person.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I was asked the typical customer service scenario questions. The manager along with the assistant manager sat down together to interview me. I was very calm and relaxed. The process of getting the job went pretty smooth. I received an offer after the same day after being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was upset, how did you handle the situation and did the customer leave satisfied?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

There was a restaurant next to the store, this is where we sat down for the interview. It was friendly, no intimidation tactics or put you on the spot kinds of questions. The manager didn't ask any of the typical interview questions. We just talked about sales and business in general and how it applied to the store. From what I've seen though, this manager was a very relaxed person compared to most others. A week later, he told me the district manager would give me a quick phone interview for the final "OK". She never called, but I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chico, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was what you would expect from your average job interview. I met with the recruiter, he asked me general questions about my strengths, work ethics, and how I would handle various situations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really long. First they had me come in and wait almost two hours just for the interview. Basic questions about work history and skill nothing too crazy. The process was so long that I forgot I applied for it by the time I got a call back I already had a job.

Interview Questions

If the interview went that badly I could only imagine how bad the job would be

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Florence, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied after one of my previous coworkers (who now works at T-Mobile) referred me. Application is online and was pretty long. There were several assessments of which were fairly simple with the exception of a few which required some thinking. I was called by the store manager the next morning for an interview the following day. I had one interview, since the people who would have done a second interview were already there. That's right-I had three people interview me. But it wasn't too bad. I was super comfortable and they loved me. I received another phone call from the store manager as soon as I got home from the interview and he chose me.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when your customers are happy, describe when you made someone happy who was angry before, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what motivates you, etc. Very generic questions that you would expect for an interview.   Answer Question