T-Mobile

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2009.

I applied on the t-mobile website for a call center customer service position. After completing the online application I was sent a link to a testing site by previsor.com. The test consisted of a 4 calls in a virtual call center. It was very awkward and not realistic. I was expected to field the 4 calls on the spot - without any training. Every action was timed, typing speed and accuracy was evaluated, and after the four calls there was a 40 question survey and then another 40 question survey.

Interview Questions
    • Would your family expect you to take a call center job at tmobile   Answer Question
    • What is least important to you: pay, time off, good work environment, friendly atmosphere. Something to that effect.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2010.

I began by filling out the application online. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE ON PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT DATES!!!!!!! Make sure the dates on your resume match this application as well!!! Then i continued to a skills/personality/IQ intelligence test. Also a series of questions and a simulated program that gave specific scenarios and a 'what would you do in this situation' test. THEN about two weeks later a phone interview. Make sure you emphasize how flexible you are because the shifts change every six months. No questions asked. It is all based on your rankings. I passed that and scheduled an interview for two weeks after that. At the interview I was being watched the second i walked through the door. Be there at least 15 mins early, but not too early. bring your resume and dress professionally. After that i was asked in to be interviewed by one of the senior business managers. I then moved to be interviewed by one of the Floor managers. Then he brought me up to listen in on phone calls for thirty minutes, just to make sure it was for me. I thought it was, so he then conducted another interview. I then went downstairs for another interview by one of the HR members and he offered me the job. He then continued to say that i had to pass a background test. Not only does this include a criminal background screening, but also residential, employment, and education test. It is crazy but bear with it. The company they use is HireRight. they are disorganized, unprofessional, and a pain in the ass. But finally it all turned out ok.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you good with people?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Give me some history on ____. (insert your name)   Answer Question
    • Ok so I am going to pretend i am the customer and you are the rep. What would you do if i needed a new phone but didnt know which phone to get?   Answer Question
    Their pay scales are non-negotiable. Starting is 11.00-13.79. period. In order to make the most you have to have at least 5 years experience customer service.

Customer Service Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2010.

phone interview. background check. Interview with department director, 2 supervisors, and trainers. Questions were from a form, a couple tests were given, and a Q&A portion for interviewee.

Interview Questions
    It's difficult to find the right fit for this job. Unless you are made for this position and a rock star, i think negotiating would seem pointless on their part. The replacement rate for this role is high. They are very picky, they have to be very picky, for this role. It is not a job just anyone could do. If you take the job, be very sure you can do it. Have prior experience as a stellar CSR at t-mobile, along with high analytical aptitude. Then you have a chance at negotiating. Otherwise, you're probably not even going to get the job due to requirements of mastery of systems and "tribal knowledge".

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2011.

I initially applied online for a sales position. I received a call a couple of days later from the hiring coordinator who set up the initial interview. After the first interview the second interview was scheduled for a couple of days after. They're pretty straight forward when it comes to finding the right person for the job.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2009.

We were told that we would have mutually agreeable interview. There was one but there was no choice of assignment. You were forced into a department and just had to take it.

Interview Questions
    • Questions meant nothing...the decision was made before you had the interview.   Answer Question

Mobile Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2013.

The interview is long , and they ask you roll plays like what will you do with a angry customer and how did over came a situation to make him leave happy ?

ask yourself question like that , what was something that you did that impress everybody and resolve an issue think stuff like that ,

Have you resume with all you jobs and dates ...correctly every day year and month , they take this very series past 10 years jobs

Interview Questions
    • Honestly nothing hard is a good company , just be smart and bright   Answer Question

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2013.

Spent over an hour filling out the application and doing the assessment. One minute after I completed the assessment I got a email stating "after careful consideration you have not been selected for this particular position." My resume was not viewed by anyone in HR or a Hiring Manager. I was denied based on a Extremely ridiculous assessment even though I have over 4 years of Management and sales.

Senior Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2013.

This is one of the only positions on the building that is mainly a hire from internal only. You have to be a strong rep that performs well and is socially liked. You would then apply for the position and be turned down initially, being told you need experience such as in an interim role. You will then interview again and faced with questions like how would you help your team, what are your biggest challenges, what would you do to best handle confrontation. It helps to bring aboard a me file that solicits metrics and how you impacted them with individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Its not so much the question that is difficult, rather the vagueness of the questions and how the empty space you do need to fill and sell yourself properly.   View Answer
    I was offered hours of shift and pay. No negotiation.

Human Resource Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

I applied mid February and received an e-mail from the recruiter two weeks later stating that they wanted to conduct a phone screen interview. The phone interview was set up a week after the e-mail. If the phone interview went well, they will send you an assessment test which asks questions relating to your experience, how much you know about T-Mobile, your current GPA standing, and how well you are caught up with technology. If the assessment you filled out was a success in their eyes, they will contact you through e-mail or a call again letting you know that the hiring manager wants to conduct a face-to-face interview with you. The personal interview with the hiring manager will last about 1 hour. If the personal interview goes well, you will be set up to conduct two more phone interview with the senior managers and partners. After that, it would take about another week for them to get back to you with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a situation where there wasn't a trusting relationship with another co-worker. What did you specifically do to try to build a more trusting relationship? What was the result?

Think about a time when you found it necessary to verbally communicate critical information to an employee or employees. What was the issue? How did you determine the success of that communication?

Answer Question

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2014.

I received a phone call the day after I applied and had a quick phone interview. The questions during the phone interview were the regular questions you would expect from a live interview. I was then given a second live interview, but the questions that were asked during this interview were very odd. The questions during the phone interview were along the lines of "How would you describe the benefits of the Samsung Galaxy S5?" and "Describe a time you were working with an angry customer and what was the outcome?". The live interview seemed like they ran out of the relevant questions and were picking from the irrelevant ones. There was always a long pause where she was searching for a question.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst thing that you have gotten away with?   Answer Question
    • I see that you're one month away from graduating college. What are your plans after graduation?   Answer Question