T-Mobile

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

Normal interview questions read from a prompt. Asked about 5 questions from the prompt they had. Basic STAR Style questions. Second interview was a phone interview with a manager from a different store. Call lasted 2 minutes.

Retail Sales Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

sat at a round table with 3 local managers and the district managers. Interview took 2.5 hrs. They ask situational questions. About nightie situations and what worst thing about any if your old jobs. They want you to explain neg things in a positive light. They will offer you a lower position and tell you that you have to work your way up even with allot of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past job experiences and why did you leave .   View Answer

T-Mobile (Express) Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview process took about 3 business days. I was called by a recruiter on a Thursday, 2 days after applying online through CB. We had a short phone interview...("Are you working now? Why wireless? Why T-Mobile?" etc...) Before the called was over, we scheduled a date to interview with the district manager the following Monday. I was also sent an online assessment to complete prior to scheduled interview. The assessment included situational questions that were fill-in-the-blank style and math equations and estimations during the first section and behavioral questions in part 2. I took a total of 20 to 30 minutes.

The interview with the District manager was good. He was a fast talker and about business. He asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions in which I had to give examples of sales pitches to demonstrate my style and approach to sales. He stressed the importance of upselling and meeting goals. He also stressed that he was now looking for a few good sales "Professionals" as opposed to regular associates...someone who would take the hustle seriously. By the end he offered me the position on contingent that I meet and impress another manager that ran the highest volume store in the state...this same day. So, I go across town to meet with the other manager. The interview went very well. He asked character questions instead of your typical "Why T-mobile?" questions. He asked "What is your proudest moment in life? and it doesn't have to be work related..." "Why did you give up sports?" By the end of it all we were sharing laughs and I was signing the offer letter.

Overall, although it took up most of my day, it went very well. I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your area of opportunity?" and "How do you work on making it better?" "What's your idea of advancement within this company?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, ME

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

This interview was for a call center position.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume online but I was not seeking employment at the time. A few months later I applied online. It was a basic employment application but you are then required to do some 'testing' where you 'take some customer calls' for a couple fictional customers at a few different fictional companies. You listen to the call and then select what you think is an appropriate response.

I was then contacted to set up a phone interview the next day and had the phone interview within only a couple days of my initial application. The phone interview was pretty basic, discuss your past work experience. There are a few situational questions like 'tell me about a time when....' At the end of the interview I was offered the opportunity for an in person interview which they were scheduling for a month away.

I arrived for the in person interview and was first brought out onto the floor where I sat with a current CSR and listened to them handle a few calls for 20 or so minutes. I was then brought to a conference room where I was given instructions on another situational based test where the interviewer would act out a scenario with me as if I was working for another fictional customer. They provided a sheet with some basic information - in this case a cable company with a little background about it, the customer, and the services offered. I was then given 15 minutes to prepare while the interviewer left the room. They returned and we did our role play scenario and then was pretty much just a basic interview - again, discussing previous experiences, more questions asking to describe how I would handle certain situations in previous jobs. The interview lasted about an hour and a half including the time listening to calls. I was told I would either get a phone call or an email either way. If I received an email requesting to do a background check then they were looking to extend an offer. I received an email that same afternoon to do a background investigation.

I completed the background investigation forms (online) and was contacted a couple days later from the company that does the investigation for T-Mobile requesting I submit a copy of a W2 or paystub from my previous employer (either fax in or email). I submitted the form and didn't hear anything for another 2 weeks when I finally was offered a position. The next training class didn't begin for over a month away.

In total the entire process took 3 months - yes - 3 months!!

Interview Questions
    • Why should we spend time and money to bring you onboard to T-Mobile?   Answer Question

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

I got a phone call and they did not even know if i was supposed to have an interview or not. I went in for the interview and the manager seemed pretty cool. Then he started asking me questions but wasnt even paying attention to what i was saying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Applied online on a monday night was called tuesday mid morning. Had a phone interview and was scheduled to come in wednesday. interview was not difficult if you are good at sales.

Interview Questions
    • Basic sales questons.
      tell me about a time you went above and beyond with a customer?
      tell me about a time you turned an upset customer into a sale?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

First you have to beat the assessment test online that takes about an hour. Then you have to take some personality tests that are pretty good at finding out if you are lying about yourself. You may interview with the store manager first and then someone higher up like a district manager, or like me, you will interview with the store manager and district manager altogether.

Interview Questions
    • It was a 20-30 minute interview. Questions like,"Tell me about yourself", "Describe a time when you handled a situation.", "What would you do in this situation?","Would you choose a salary based job or a commission based job?", "Why choose a career with T-mobile?", 'What do you want out of this?"   Answer Question

Store Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2015.

The interview was challenging but also relaxed. The questions made me think, and I felt like I had to be on point, but not like I was on the spot. I think this is because of the company culture. They were quick to mention that they put an emphasis on work-life balance. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour, and about halfway through the manager and associate and I really clicked. We went through all of the interview questions but also just chatted. We talked about opportunities for growth, advancement, and learning, and I was glad to hear there were other positions to promote into besides sales. The subject of professionalism came up and we talked about how valuable it is to carry yourself as a professional, but also be genuine. The phrase "keepin' it real," was actually used more than once. I wasn't interviewing for a sales position, but I liked that, at least at this store, they valued teamwork when it came to meeting sales metrics, rather than pitting all of the salespeople against each other. I had a second interview which was similar. Both managers I interviewed with had been with the company over ten years and both said they were happy with the company. Overall, I just got the sense that this is a good company for someone like me who is eager to learn and advance, but not so eager to have to change their personality for the job. I accepted the job as soon as they offered it to me and everyone has been very helpful and genuine so far. I guess they really were keepin' it real.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were given feedback from a supervisor that you needed to improve your performance in a certain area. How did you improve/ what did you do differently?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Went to a job fair got interviewed by a few t-mobile managers. After the interview stayed in contact with one manager. I was offered a position then put in my 2 weeks at my current job. Later I was asked to have an interview with the district manager. After that interview t-mobile never contacted me again so I was out of a job

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Standard - Although the interview was not for the job description that was posted by quite a few agencies. The job was for a CM but was inteviewed for the supervisory position over all the CM's. All considering I think it was a pretty laid back and smooth interview. At this point just waiting to hear back.