T-Mobile Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

2:1 also had a 1:1 very easy interview. Managers come in its a small room shoot the hay then textbook interview no major questions didn't require a lot of thought or prep. Another positions it was 1:1 and same style. Never felt challenged in interviews and all jobs I interviewed with the company I was offered (4 positions in 3 years).

Interview Questions

• Name a time when, can you describe a situation when, can you think of when you had to -   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, shat they offer is what you get the sales bonus made up for the salary gap

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bothell, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screen followed by the Panel interview. Interview was very informal. Most of the questions are random based on the role. There is nothing much to talk about as the interview questions are most of the time role specific. So, questions are asked from the job descriptions.
    Questions were structured to test both analytical and business skills.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weakness
      Presented different business problems and asked how to solve these problems

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I took my resume into the store, and was asked if I could come back a few hours later. I went back, and was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager that same day. Then, I filled out a paper application for their records. A link for an assessment was emailed to me. Two weeks later, I got the call to look out for an email with an offer and background check.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that would be a benefit to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Savannah, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very standard, at least when I applied back in 2013. The company has changed a lot since then. The whole process was quick and easy, not everyone have a quick process some people will wait a month or two

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to handle an upset customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I loved the pay and perks there was nothing to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Salem, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a VERY tedious application process compared to any other job I've applied for. Extremely detailed online application, subsequent "test" call, webcam interview, and then an hour and a half on-site interview. While the process wasn't something that a recent college grad like myself shouldn't find difficult, it may prove to be extremely taxing for others. The on-site interview was frustrating for a number of reasons. The tour of the facility was supposed to demonstrate to me that by having salon-style massage chairs, a selfie-station (ugh), a half-assed gym that no one used, and a cafe filled with high-calorie food that it was the perfect place to work and in no way depressing. However, after sitting and watching a girl around my same age answering customer calls, I quickly realized how taxing the verbal abuse could be during at ten hour shift. I asked her how often she was subjected to these outbursts and she feigned an uncomfortable smile as she said "5 or 6 times per hour". While I have worked in a call center previously in addition to other customer service jobs, I have never experienced this frequency of attacks.

The next part of the interview consisted of questions aimed at understanding my level of experience with customer service, call centers, critical feedback, and metrics. However, the very first question was about my future goals. I told the interviewer that I was set on going back to school to get my Master's in the next few years. I could instantly tell by the look on her face that it was obviously not what she wanted to hear and/or something that she could not personally identify with.

The remainder of the one on one left me very irritated by the woman interviewing me because she had taken the time to print out my resume but obviously had only skimmed its contents. I kept having to correct her on her fragmented understanding of my previous jobs and she continually asked me clarifying questions despite my already having made clear the functions of my previous jobs. I tried to stay patient and keep my cool but this process was unbelievably frustrating and clearly demonstrated a lack of professionalism (or possibly intelligence) on her part.

We proceeded to the portion of the interview where I was to look at a script for 10 minutes and then receive a call from a "customer" (the interviewer on the other end). It was fairly easy although she did mention that I wasn't pushy enough trying to upsell the customer, which I will admit is indicative of my minimal sales experience. The last section involved me signing my life away to an 8 week training schedule which allowed for no absences and only gave me Friday and Saturday off. The agreement also suggested that the call center was open 365 days a year and that I would more than likely be required to work holidays, another huge negative.

The interview reached its end and when I was asked if I had any additional questions. I asked the interviewer why she enjoyed working for the company. She replied that she had been working there since graduating high school (shocker) and it was great and the company treated her well and basically just regurgitated up another script of corporate jargon. By the time I had left, I had very firmly decided that even if I had been given a job offer, there was no way I could work in this dismal setting. I was told that I would hear a response back in three business days. It took over 7 business days to receive an email telling me that I had not been offered the position. The email gave me more relief than anything. I knew that based on the corporate atmosphere, the ignorant and uneducated managers, the constant verbal abuse, and the inflexible scheduling that this job would have left me in a spiral of depression within the first month.

Interview Questions

• What are your future career goals? What metrics have you been measured under? How do you respond to critical feedback? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How have you dealt with difficult situations? How have you dealt with difficult customers? How have you responded to policy changes?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. We talked maily about my past experiences and I was asked what hours I could work. Also the hr representative advised me of all the amazing things t mobile offered

Interview Questions

• All mine were situation behavior outcome

Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult co worker. How did you handle that. What was the outcome?

Just stuff like that

Answer Question

Negotiation

To early for this entry level position there is not any room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2012.

Interview

they just want to make sure you have sales experience. its a simple easy interviewing process, just tell them what they want to hear about your sales experience. you have may have two interviewer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was on the phone with the HR recruiter. Second interview was with another person in the same role, and third was with the hiring managers. All the interviews happened within a week. The HR recruiter and coordinator were very knowledgeable and organized and did a good job coordinating everything. The process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• The HR recruiter on the phone asked the typical questions to determine your qualification. The first in-person interview was more of the person giving me a chance to ask questions. The interviews with the hiring managers was more of them telling me their expectations, and me confirming that I am willing and able to do those tasks in the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate.

T-Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

two interviews. one with store manager and one with dm. Background check took longer than the actual interview process. Training is two weeks and requires quite a bit of technical knowledge

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness, how will you overcome certain objections   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty long interview with 3 people. They haven't introduced themselves but one of them was the store manager. They ask basic questions about you and your achievements in your life. Be sure to stress on your experience especially if it was related to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions like why should we hire you and stuff.   Answer Question