T-Mobile Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

First they screen you with a phone interview. They just ask general questions about past employment and your likes and dislikes. The one on one interview was very easy. Just be yourself and be prepared to answer a bunch of situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • The person before you has more retail experience, Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Received an email asking if I would be alright with an interview at a certain time. I said that I had a prior commitment, but any other time would be alright. Didn't get a response. I emailed back two days later apologizing for not being able to interview at the time that was asked, but offered that I was still interested. I got a response at 10:15 pm with an apology and offering an interview in two days between 10:00 am and 12:30 pm. I said noon was great for me and she said she would see me then. I showed up very early and she wasn't yet there. I sat and waited for nearly an hour, leaving around twenty minutes past noon. I'm not sure if this is the kind of unprofessional environment that the job would entail, but it seems that it would be very possible.

Rewnew and Rewards Interview

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile.

It was easy for me. they just asked questions on past jobs and what would you do in certain situations. I just used the SAR method which is: Situation, Action and Results

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

I applied online and got a email asking if I can do an assessment test, after that I got a called within 2 hours asking for an interview at the district manager office.
    The interview was fun and easy, talked about my previous job and what I did.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Standard question oriented interview with the area manager and assistant store manager. Discussed previous sales experience and responsibilities. Waiting on reply as background check is extensive and can take up to 3 weeks.

Sales Interview

1 interview and got hired. It seemed really cool at first and of course going into a new job is very exciting. Don't let there BS blind you. Its an awful company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

I applied online, passed the online assessment, and was contacted by a store manager about 3 weeks later.

He did an initial phone screening asking a few basic question like "why do you want to work for T-Mobile?" and "What is your most recent job experience?"... He then invited me to an in-person interview at the store about 5 days later.

The in-person interview lasted about 20 minutes and it was myself and 3 different managers. They took turns asking me questions and most of them were from a printed out list, other questions were just ones that came to mind. Most of the questions were scenario based like "Tell me a time when...." or "In as much detail as you can describe a time when..."

About 3 hours after the interview I was contacted via phone call again by one of the managers stating that they wanted to advance in the hiring process and to check my email for the background check information. I then filled out and submitted the background check which takes about an hour (and must be extremely detailed and honest). The background check took about a week and a half to process and when everything came up clean the manager called again and said the final step was to have a phone interview with the District Manager.

About a week after that call with the store manager I had my phone interview with the district manager which was a lot of the same questions as before. This interview was roughly 10 minutes and about an hour after it concluded I received a call from the store manager to say I was being offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was "Tell me about yourself". If you have experience in customer service/sales the scenario-based questions should be pretty easy as situations just kind of come to mind when they ask the questions. For example...

"Tell me about a time where you made a suggestion to a manager in order to better the way the company functions"
      "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer"
      "Tell me about a time when you advised a co-worker against something you thought was not right"
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Roughly $10 an hour plus commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

Applied online, two weeks later got a call to set up an in-store interview with store manager a few days later. Interview went well, very relaxed atmosphere. Store manager was impressed and wanted to hire me pending interview with District Manager. A week later had phone interview with DM that lasted about 30 mins and consisted of basic questions about experience and situations. Two days later got a call from store manager with offer. Scheduling to start training in two weeks.

Make sure you seems excited about the position and have several questions prepared to ask at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you think you will handle rejection? Sales? Quotas?
        Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

UN-flexible.

The best way to describe the interview process for a corporate store in my area is inflexible. After making it to the second interview process, I was unable to get a decent time for the interview when talking with the store manager. They were extremely difficult on the phone and just pointed the finger at me saying it is my fault I cannot meet the one time they gave me and would not allow me to reschedule because the district manager is "a very busy person."

Even after being ridiculed, I was unable to get the contact information for this person and even called another store to ask if they know the contact for this manager. I later find out that the associate I talked to complained that I "kept them on the phone for 20 minutes."

I am optimistic about T-Mobile and would still like to reschedule, but this in-store experience is horrendous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem for a customer.   Answer Question

Unable to meet the ONE (1) time and date for the second interview process.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online about two weeks ago. I filled in basic information, submitted my resume, and a specific cover letter. Then, I completed a quick evaluation with pretty easy questions. The next day, I completed a skills assessment that took a little over an hour. It included four phone call simulations, since this position will be working in a call center. It was a little stressful. Then, I had to do another simulation where on one side of the screen, I was solving math/logic problems, and on the other side, I was getting an email every 10 seconds and only had 30 seconds to respond. This is so that you can experience a little bit of what employees go through during the work day, and so you are prepared for what you are getting to. Four days after I completed the assessments, an email was sent to me where I chose my own date and time to do a phone interview. My phone interview took about 25 minutes to do. I was asked pretty simple questions, and some that I wasn't expecting, such as how I use technology, what resources I use to find out about new technology, how I would troubleshoot for a broken phone or a computer with a virus, etc. They were pretty specific questions. Exactly a week after the phone interview, I had an in-person interview at the site I would be working at. It took an hour and a half. The first thirty minutes was going through my resume and answering questions about my experience and qualifications. The second thirty minutes, I actually got to sit in on live phone calls. I got to listen to two different phone calls and see how they were resolved. It was very exciting and interesting, especially if you're into technology or if you enjoy customer service. The last thirty minutes, my interviewer and I did some phone call role-playing, where I was given a little information about cable issues, and I had to help a "customer" solve a problem with their cable box. It was pretty easy, and I felt very comfortable since I had been able to watch an employee handle customers right before. I then answered some more questions about different experiences, and had the opportunity to ask some questions about the job. One week later, they sent me an email with a link to do a background check. Then, a week after that, I was sent an email with an offer that I had to either accept or decline. The next day (yesterday), I was sent another show, welcoming me to the team. I had to fill out some tax paperwork online, and sign some agreements. It was pretty easy. The next step for me is to get my parking pass, and then I'll start training at the end of this month. Training lasts for exactly eight works, working Monday-Friday during the day. I'm so excited for this job!

Interview Questions
    • What steps would you take if your computer had a virus?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work, and how did you solve it?   View Answer
    • What obstacles have gotten in your way when trying to reach certain goals in your career?   View Answer
    They send you an email with an offer, and you either accept or don't. I was told they start new hires out at $14.50 to $17.50 hourly. I got $15.85 with very little experience.