T-Mobile

Getting the Interview

493 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2012.

Interview Details – You get about 2-3 interviews followed by a very thorough background check of previous employers and education. Do not lie about your experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Tmobile?   View Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

Interview Details – Use behavioral interview techniques. Always used words like not "I" not "we" when answering.

Interview Question – What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Store Operations Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was called two days after applying. Interview was set for the next day. The interview went very well, and the manager was extremely welcoming and professional. He made it very comfortable. I got started with the background check, and a week later I had a phone interview with a manager from a different store. He was just as professional and courteous as the first. I'm still waiting to find out if I will get the job, but my school schedule conflicts so I don't think I will.

Interview Question – How would you track trends in the store?   View Answer

Director of Sales Interview

West Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very respectful and open during interview process. Gave a lot of information and asked good questions regarding my work history and accomplishments. Open to hiring individuals with backgrounds outside of mobil/technology.

Interview Question – Who was your most challenging customer and how did you overcome challenges in working with them to be successful?   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

Interview Details – Overall easy questions.

-Tell me about yourself
-Explain one of these systems you used in your previous jobs

Interview Question – What do you do when an irate customer starts to get loud?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – I was called after an online application submission. I then took an assessment. Total 3 interviews and nearly 2 months of training.

Interview Question – What would you do if.....(there were several situation questions)   View Answer

Technical Customer Service Specialist Interview

Mission, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied, the next day I got an email saying that I was able to set up a day where I would be able to go and have an interview. I went to the interview, sat at a desk and listened to calls for 15 minutes, I then went into an office and we have a role-play, where they gave me information for the mock call, after we had a 1-1 interview. After they showed me around the facility, and sat me down to listen to two "live" calls that other associates were having. I was emailed the next day saying they were going to perform a background check and 7 days later they emailed me that they had an offer for me, and I accepted. Overall, the places seems like a very goal-oriented business. Everyone seemed very focused on their taste, the environment seemed relaxed.

Interview Question – About a time where I didn't agree with management?, why T-mobile?, the mock phone call   Answer Question

Customer Service & Sales Representative Interview

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through the T-Mobile website. Got a call back about a week later and answered some pre-interview questions over the phone. Was invited to "A Day In the Life" where you see a presentation about the company, position, and benefits and then go sit with a rep to listen to actual calls. Was then sent an e-mail to choose my interview date.

It's a behavioral interview so the questions are like "Tell me about a time when..." and they are looking for specific examples from your past work history so it's best to practice at home first. They use the S.T.A.R. method: state the SITUATION/TASK, explain what ACTIONS you took to handle it, and tell the RESULTS.

After the questions, I was left alone and given 10 minutes to study a paper about a mock company (you are not required to memorize it though). Then, the interviewer called me from another room acting like an actual customer calling to cancel service and I was expected to convince her not to cancel and present her with different options more suitable.

She came back in the room and asked if I had any limitations on my schedule and said they were going to run a background check which took about 7 business days to complete. Then they called me with the job offer. I start in a week!!

Interview Question – 1) Name a time you had an irate customer. What techniques did you use to calm him down and what were the results?

2) Name a time you disagreed with a policy put in place by your supervisor/company and how did you handle it?

3) Name a time you received criticism from a supervisor/co-worker and how did you improve from it?

4) Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?
  View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at T-Mobile

Interview Details – Simple interview was less than 10 mins

Interview Question – Questions were simple   Answer Question

Rialto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2012.

Interview Details – Got a fast interview because of employee referral. One on one interview with store manager. It was a series of typical questions. Was hired within a month after interview.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question