T-Mobile Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bayonne, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview a few days later. The first interview was at the retail store with the general store manager. It went well, took nearly an hour. Got a call back in less than a week for a second interview which will take place in a week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What did you do in a certain situation that happened to be out of your control?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Recruiting team moves fast. From first contact to decision took two weeks and included multiple phone screens and a day long in-person.

Very relaxed ambience during the in-person interview. Informal and casual room setting with sofas for the interview rather than the typical office conf rooms.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a quick phone interview/screening two weeks later. On the phone, I was asked standard questions and a little bit about my background. It also gave me a chance to inquire a little more about the position as it is still relatively new to the company. At the end of the call, we set up a time and day to meet in person for a more formal interview.

This interview consisted of speaking face-to-face with standard questions such as 'What would you do in [this] situation,' and other basic retail-specific questions. I did ask about the growth potential with this position, but it looks like this is a quite entry-level before becoming a Sales Associate, or someone looking to step down from a managerial position.

Afterwards, a background check is required before proceeding.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to bend/break policy in order to accomplish a job/task.   1 Answer

Assistant Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application and résumé upload in november. No response until after the holidays. They apologized for the delay and scheduled a first interview round with the store manager, i am currently waiting to have a second interview with the district manager next week. The manager I met with seemed like a great guy to work for. He had a positive attitude and pleasant demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when I went above and beyond for a customer. Explain a time I didn't meet a customers expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time I found a task less manageable than I expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile (Hawthorne, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was extremely nervous, stuttered alot, and was kind of repeating my answers . Tried selling speaker as an example I feel like I did great so did the employee I was trying to sell it to.
    I have a question I was Givin a personal card , I hope Its a good sign !

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile (Oakland, ME) in February 2015.

Interview

This interview was for a call center position.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume online but I was not seeking employment at the time. A few months later I applied online. It was a basic employment application but you are then required to do some 'testing' where you 'take some customer calls' for a couple fictional customers at a few different fictional companies. You listen to the call and then select what you think is an appropriate response.

I was then contacted to set up a phone interview the next day and had the phone interview within only a couple days of my initial application. The phone interview was pretty basic, discuss your past work experience. There are a few situational questions like 'tell me about a time when....' At the end of the interview I was offered the opportunity for an in person interview which they were scheduling for a month away.

I arrived for the in person interview and was first brought out onto the floor where I sat with a current CSR and listened to them handle a few calls for 20 or so minutes. I was then brought to a conference room where I was given instructions on another situational based test where the interviewer would act out a scenario with me as if I was working for another fictional customer. They provided a sheet with some basic information - in this case a cable company with a little background about it, the customer, and the services offered. I was then given 15 minutes to prepare while the interviewer left the room. They returned and we did our role play scenario and then was pretty much just a basic interview - again, discussing previous experiences, more questions asking to describe how I would handle certain situations in previous jobs. The interview lasted about an hour and a half including the time listening to calls. I was told I would either get a phone call or an email either way. If I received an email requesting to do a background check then they were looking to extend an offer. I received an email that same afternoon to do a background investigation.

I completed the background investigation forms (online) and was contacted a couple days later from the company that does the investigation for T-Mobile requesting I submit a copy of a W2 or paystub from my previous employer (either fax in or email). I submitted the form and didn't hear anything for another 2 weeks when I finally was offered a position. The next training class didn't begin for over a month away.

In total the entire process took 3 months - yes - 3 months!!

Interview Questions

• Why should we spend time and money to bring you onboard to T-Mobile?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks, including 2 interviews. Got a phone interview first, then i went on to an in person interview. Both were very easy (and i'm terrible at interviewing). The phone interview was basic questions. The questions asked at the in person interview were STAR based, so do your research on that before you interview. Also practice a couple hours the night before for various scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you didn't agree with a company's new policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was based on previous experience.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bothell, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard - Although the interview was not for the job description that was posted by quite a few agencies. The job was for a CM but was inteviewed for the supervisory position over all the CM's. All considering I think it was a pretty laid back and smooth interview. At this point just waiting to hear back.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Applied to many locations. Two tmobile stores I didn't apply to called me in for interview. One was an interview with three guys. They seemed very disinterested and monotone. I was glad when it was over & would not want to work with those people. My next interview was cool. The man was very interested & willing to listen. Our conversation flowed great.

Interview Questions

• How can your previous experience help you excell in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty flexible with my college schedule

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Quick phone screen interview asking the basic questions regarding availability, languages spoken, past experience in sales. They will either call back or schedule another interview on a later date with 2 store managers. They will go by an interview guide that the company supplies. Basic situational questions were asked. If they like what you say they will put you through background followed by an offer. Most store managers are lazy are looking for people with previous sales experience in wireless so there is minimal training needed in store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate is based on previous experience. They have a recruiter that figures out the range which your offer will be.