T-Mobile Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2013.

Went into a back room with a branch manager and general manager, was asked some basic questions, skipped over those pertaining to sales since I had no sales experience. Questions along the lines of how would you handle a difficult person etc.

Retail Associate Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Behavioral bases questions, focusing on what you've have done in previous situations. If you google STAR interviewing tips if would help you out tremendously and allow you to be more prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you delivered amazing customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2013.

There were 4 interviews including 2 over the phone. They asked the usual questions. I answered. I asked about next steps and if my skill sets as presented would make me a good fit for the job. All 12 of the people interviewing on the phone said yes and wait for a call back from HR.

I did not negotiate

CRM Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Initial contact from HR Recruiter w/ a follow-up phone screen. Phone interview w/ hiring manager. On site interview w/ hiring manager + 3 other peers. Next day call from HR looking for salary expectations & negotiations. Electronic offer submitted the day after that.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of business case questions. Just focus on how you'd segment, message, offer, etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiated about 5% higher than their initial offer. Also negotiated a relocation/signing bonus. Was a quick process handled via phone the day after my onsite interviews. Actual offer was sent two days after the onsite interviews.

Retail Associate Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

Interview is the normal behavioral interviewing method used in many retail environments. Be aware of your past. Be prepared to talk about your management experience especially your employees' sales growth.

Interview Questions
    • I was not surprised by any aspect of the hiring/interview process.   Answer Question
    I was treated very fairly and was pleasantly surprised by their offer.

Senior Business Analysis Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

The process is well designed. Recruiter reached out to me about a few similar jobs. Was able to land one with an extremely high-caliber team. Interviewers were smart, professional, kind but challenging. You have to be a strategic thinker while have practical operational experiences in finance, marketing and sales

Interview Questions
    • Very standard BA interview process: (1) recruiter phone conversation; (2) hiring manager phone conversation; (3) Onsite interviews including multiple 1:1s interviews and then a panel interview with 6-8 audience

Won't say it's 'unexpected' but the final onsite interview wasn't easy.
      First gone through several 1:1 interviews (both behavior and case interviews) and then gone through a panel interview: I was given 75 mins to create a business case including (1) a detailed financial model (pro-forma); (2) a business case presentation and spent the next 45 mins debating with the team on critical business questions in a panel interview

They will provide raw data to the business case for the panel interview. Pay attention to: pro-forma framework, data integrity, strategic recommendations, and operational flexibility while thinking through the case.
        View Answer
    not much room to negotiate, but generally satisfied

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabethtown, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

I was contacted only two days after putting in my application, and scheduled for an interview quickly. The first interview was with the manager of my store, and the second interview (only a few days later, I had to travel to the next city) was conducted by the district manager. It was a relaxed but professional environment, everyone I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. There are a few online tests you have to pass before you can be hired. They measure honesty and reliability.

Interview Questions
    • "In one word, how would you describe this company?"   View Answer
    I made sure that there were opportunities to move up, to increase pay, and so on before I accepted.

Manager Interview

Relationship has been great with recruiter. Interviews can be video conference. Expect process to move quickly. Ensure an hour is set aside for each discussion. Have a firm grasp of relating your experience with the role you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Ensure you have a firm understanding of their company and your core values as both will be asked.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at T-Mobile.

I applied for the job in October and then didn't hear back from them until the end of January. They took so long I had to ask what the position was as I didn't even remember applying. They require you to provide lots of personal information and verify it with paperwork. There is a drug test and verification of education bc the position was in the legal dept. I had an interview with two managers and then came back for an additional interview with the rest of the managers.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any technical questions. They just wanted to know about my life and my personality and if I was willing to work overtime.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as I liked the offer provided.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2012.

Recruiter spoke to me about salary. Then scheduler followed up with times/dates of interview. Then I came in and met with 4 people, for an hour each, one after another. A Director, 2 senior managers, and a copywriter. Several looked at my work, but the other 2 just talked about the job and whether I'd like it and how it compared to what I'd done in the past.

Interview Questions
    • What design trends do you see in websites these days.   View Answer
    The recruiter offered about $10k less than I wanted. I said I was making (in a vague way) in the range of X. And I sounded a little hesitant about the amount she mentioned. She said maybe 5k higher than that. I said it's worth an interview but I'm not sure. They really wanted me so came in at the exact amount I really wanted. 10k above what they'd offered.