T-Mobile

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

I attended an hiring event, took the assessment and passed. I spoke with the recruiter and she set me up to be scheduled for a phone interview within the next couple days. The phone interview took about 25-30 minutes long. Simple questions, I passed the phone interview. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview that was about a week later. When I arrived at the interview. I signed a document stating I had no schedule conflicts for the next 8 weeks that would prevent me from attending training. I, then was sent to a computer room where I listened to a couple calls from tmobile customers. Afterwards, the manager came and took me on a tour of the call center. After the tour was over, I had do some role playing and then answer 4 interview questions. It was a very positive experience for me. However, I'm still waiting on a email stating yay or nay about the position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

I applied online through the website and didn't even begin the questionnaire. I got a phone call 2 days later. When I got there the two managers started asking me questions and as soon as they realized I didn't have ANY retail experience they sent me home. Kinda lame that they brought my spirits up but hasn't even checked my application for experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I was called for an interview the day after I applied for the position. My first interview was casual; sat at a table with the store manager and went over my resume/work experience and answered questions that began with "Tell me about a time that you...." or "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" Just basic interview questions like that. The second interview was even more casual and laid back. He asked me more questions having to do with sales. I didn't have to pretend to sell him anything (like role playing), but I did have to explain to him HOW I would sell something in an effective way. It was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you applied something new you had learned on the job   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I gladly accepted $9 an hour and very generous commission!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Secured interview, met with hiring manager, then with team and CXO. isolated in conference room and managers cycle in and out. Final interview was with senior managers at VP and CXO level in their respective offices. Both were myopic, arrogant, rude. The CXO put me on hold while he answered phone calls for first 10min of interview then he appeared to have a very closed mind about listening to any point of view that did not support his position. He was all theory and no substance. The marketing VP had no creativity. His strategy consisted of lowering prices to grow, but he had no insight into his cost structure or margin- nor did he even seem to care. He displayed no creativity and basically wrote off any idea of differentiated services. He openly denigrated his VAS colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Was not a question it was a statement "we only hire from xyz company"   View Answer
    • It was a statement " focused on lowering costs to drive organic growth, we cannot do VAS"   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

took a while to get a callback, but went rather quickly after that. face to face interview was in different store than applied for. interviewed with assistant manager and store manager. second interview was scheduled via phone call a couple of days later

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, the usual tell us a time when there was a difficult sale to close and how you overcame objections   Answer Question

better offer from other company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

Process took about 4weeks, I applied online took the assessment and passed . Got a call from a manager asking me to come to a panel/Group interview .after the group interview with about 4 hiring managers and a group of about 17 people.after the interview the managers made it clear that if you don't hear from them within a week they were not interested! I received a email requesting a background and high school graduate check. I guess when it came back clear they called me that day October 2nd,2014 and scheduled me for a same day interview, I went and the interview went really well. About two hours after the interview I received a call from the regional manager to give me the job offer and I accepted !!!!!

Interview Questions
    There really isn't a negotiation it's pretty much set on previous experience, I would advise someone to be very motivated and ambitious in front of hiring acquisitions because they watch every move , stay focused.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

I applied online and received an e-mail to take the assessment test. The test tells you if you qualify or not at the end which is great because you have to pass it in order to move further in the hiring process. After that, I received a call from a hiring manager to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed, and the questions were pretty basic. They really want you to have a vibrant, bubbly personality and a background in customer service/sales. At the end of the interview, he told me to check my e-mail later that day to fill out my background check form. The background check took about 2 weeks to complete as I had to validate my prior employment history and education, basically doing their work for them. Anyway, while I waited for my background to come back, the manager scheduled a 2nd interview with another store manager. It was more of an informative meeting than an interview, but it was great because I learned a lot about the company and how they operate, very inspirational. Once my BC came back, the original hiring manager called and told me I passed and officially offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. I was happy to accept what they were offering.

Senior Segment Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

Phone Interview - HR (60 mins)
    Phone Interview - Hiring Manager (60-75 mins)
    Consecutive 1:1 Interviews - 5 Directors including Hiring Manager (60-70 mins each x 5)

It was a travel interview and T-Mobile shouldered all the travel expenses, which was appreciated. Disappointed not to have gotten an offer though they said "it was close" it felt the hiring manager already had his decision made even before the interview - and just wanted to go through the process for validation. Met smart, motivated, and professional employees and it was overall a positive experience. Recruitment manager was very sincere and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the next big move for T-Mobile? How would you fund it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

initial phone interview with district manager. Asked basic questions about previous experience, and what i was looking for in a company. Next interview was with the store manager. Not to many question except basic ones like situation questions such as what would you do with this employees, what would you do with this customer.

Bad asked for an offer letter every day for two weeks to negotiate pay but was never given one, was only given verbal offers and discussions which back fired

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

I applied online and got a email asking if I can do an assessment test, after that I got a called within 2 hours asking for an interview at the district manager office.
    The interview was fun and easy, talked about my previous job and what I did.