T-Mobile Program Manager Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Multiple stage interview process. You will need to get through the resume filters and recruiter before talking to a hiring manager. It is best if you can locate someone working in the Company and having them refer you to the hiring manager who can then let the recruiter know to look out for your resume.

Interview Questions
  • While there is a guide to interviewing most interviews from the recruiter on up is based on the job specifics. Be prepared to give examples on how you solved a problem quickly.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2010.

1. HR screening (30 mins)
    2. Phone call (60 mins) - analytical assessment with case questions
    3. 1 on 1 interview (30 mins)- general questions about my work experience
    4. 1 on 1 w/ manager (60 mins) - questions about work experience, analytical assessments, explanation of roles and responsibilities
    5. Take home case with 3 hour time limit (extra time given for data mining) - building an excel model around cost competitiveness w/ 5 slide ppt. presentation. Crazy difficult.

T-mobile doesn't have any "set" interview questions. They leave it up to the interviewers to prepare questions for the interview.

Recently (June '11) they have made a more concerted effort to include case studies in their interviews so they can have greater insight into how you think, and how you work with others. Get yourself a list of case questions and practice before the interview to get your mind in case mode.

Interview Questions
    • How would you segment our current customer base to generate greater insights into customer attrition?   View Answer
    • Walk me through a churn calculation.   View Answer
    Negotiate the best you can before they give you an offer. Once they give you an offer, it's set in stone (or that was the case with me). Try to argue that you will be doing the work of people in positions higher than you, so you should be compensated as such. It worked for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2008.

Because I was interviewing as an internal employee, for a position under the same Sr. Manager, the interview process was shortened considerably. They were quite considerate, making sure that I was one of the first interviewed. I did have to wait several weeks to hear back from them, and obviously I would have wished it was shorter.
    In all of my interviews that I have had a T-Mobile, I have found that the process can take a very long time, even when you do end up being offered the position. From others who interview at other companies I frequently hear that they will hear back within a week, sometimes much sooner, as to whether or not they will be continuing through the process. Unfortunately that isn't the case with T-Mobile. They are also not extremely communicative.
    But don't assume that just because you don't hear that you definitely will or won't get the job, in my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What have been some test cases that you have put together, and afterwards, did you find that they were thorough enough?   Answer Question

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!