T-Mobile Retail Associate Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.2

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Had 2 phonecinterviews, one with the manager from the store i applied at and one with the district manager. I was then called to come in for a face to face interview. A few days later i was called and given althe job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer. How did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they called me about 3 weeks later and screened me and told me someone would call me for an interview, then about 2 weeks later I called back and was given an interview later that week, after that interview they set up another interview about a week later, then I had one more interview with 3 store managers (all over the phone because I lived out of state at the time). Then they called me about a week after that and offered me the job. It was based off of past experience of team leadership and how well your team does under your lead.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between sympathy and empathy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They took into consideration what I was making at my previous employer and what I brought to the table, and offered me a fair offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a hiring manager conduct a preliminary phone interview. About 3-4 weeks later, I received a call asking if I could complete a phone interview later that day. I accepted, and a few hours later completed the interview with two Retail Store Managers. The interview was in STAR format, and she asked me to speak from a "leadership/management" perspective. The interview was easy, just make sure to paint a picture, and give them the result of your actions at the end. A few days later, I received another call form the hiring manager and she said I got the job, she just had to send out a formal offer letter. This took about a week to receive. I received the offer letter and the hourly rate was EXTREMELY low ($13 per hour) along with a base commission of around $11,000 per year. Guaranteed 30 hours per week. I negotiated salary, and they came back with $15 per hour (final offer). I did not accept.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to reach an unattainable goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Was your very basic sales and management questions. mostly open ended questions on how to react to irate customers, or how to coach employees. I was given my numbers and goals for previous months, and had to review, them, and then compare to someone elses numbers, and explain why I was a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you felt company policy was being breached or not being followed. How did you react and approach the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate at all. it was all corporate set pay.

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Behavioral bases questions, focusing on what you've have done in previous situations. If you google STAR interviewing tips if would help you out tremendously and allow you to be more prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you delivered amazing customer service?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online within two days I received a call to set up my interview. The interview process took 45 minutes to an hour. I was told I would be contacted soon. Two hours later I received a call regarding the next step which was the background check. I am still awaiting the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Every straight to the point and on purpose questions about retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a call after applying for the position within a few month. I was asked to come in for an interview at the actual store location not off-site. A lot of customer service questions were asked and questions geared towards past job experiences and how I handled situations that occurred. I was called again and asked to have a second interview with the district manager and pretty much the same type of questions be a few questions geared towards my development and goals. After about two weeks I received a call from the manager who informed me that I had the position and what day to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had a difficult experience with a customer who wanted things their way and did not care about company policy and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at T-Mobile (Fresno, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Spent over an hour filling out the application and doing the assessment. One minute after I completed the assessment I got a email stating "after careful consideration you have not been selected for this particular position." My resume was not viewed by anyone in HR or a Hiring Manager. I was denied based on a Extremely ridiculous assessment even though I have over 4 years of Management and sales.

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

Interview

Interview is the normal behavioral interviewing method used in many retail environments. Be aware of your past. Be prepared to talk about your management experience especially your employees' sales growth.

Interview Questions

• I was not surprised by any aspect of the hiring/interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was treated very fairly and was pleasantly surprised by their offer.

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2012.

Interview

They advertised for a open Retail Store Manager position and it was really an assistant manager position. There is a hour online assessment and you are interviewed by usually 2 managers. It can take awhile to go through the extensive background checks.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect the position to be different than what was presented to me on their website.   Answer Question