T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

104 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I got a call and then was scheduled for an interview. I was told that I would hear back from the company to see in regards to the choice made and never heard back from them. I felt like the representative interviewing me didn't care and he seemed nervous.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I applied online, took the assessment, heard back in 3 days, store manager texted me to set up an interview. Met in the mall food court and had a very informal "sit down" as he cAlled it. Basically told me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Was happy to get the job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I first went into t mobile to get help with my phone and I hit it off with the assistant store manager. She told me to apply online so I did. I got called in with the store manager and then immediately after (the next day) I had an interview with the regional manager. I got offered the job a few days later right after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the company?

What are three things you like about Tmobile?

They also gave me s lot of scenario questions.
        Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Applied for the job on Saturday, I was asked to come in for an interview on Tuesday. After Tuesday's interview, I was asked to do a phone interview on Wednesday. I've been asked to do a background check. Hopefully, I get the position. Seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • How did you present a problem to your manager that you convinced were able to convince him/her to fix?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2014.

Process took several weeks, in fact months to complete. I began looking for another job and found one even before i heard back! I applied back in April and they didn't call me until September! Even after I heard from them in September, I'm still waiting on a call as to when to start training!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and 2-3 days later I received a call from the store manager. He wanted to schedule me for an interview the same day but I couldn't so we agreed for Wednesday. I got there at 10 when they opened and waited for a few minutes. The manager came out and took me to the back to ask me questions.

Overall the interview was about 10 minutes. He said he had more interviews to conduct but if he thought I was the best fit then he'd contact me.

I'm surprised he call me for the initial interview because I've applied at every location for month and no one has ever called back.

Hopefully I receive a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you made a sale to a customer who was reluctant to spend extra money?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I was called for an interview the day after I applied for the position. My first interview was casual; sat at a table with the store manager and went over my resume/work experience and answered questions that began with "Tell me about a time that you...." or "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" Just basic interview questions like that. The second interview was even more casual and laid back. He asked me more questions having to do with sales. I didn't have to pretend to sell him anything (like role playing), but I did have to explain to him HOW I would sell something in an effective way. It was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you applied something new you had learned on the job   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I gladly accepted $9 an hour and very generous commission!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

Process took about 4weeks, I applied online took the assessment and passed . Got a call from a manager asking me to come to a panel/Group interview .after the group interview with about 4 hiring managers and a group of about 17 people.after the interview the managers made it clear that if you don't hear from them within a week they were not interested! I received a email requesting a background and high school graduate check. I guess when it came back clear they called me that day October 2nd,2014 and scheduled me for a same day interview, I went and the interview went really well. About two hours after the interview I received a call from the regional manager to give me the job offer and I accepted !!!!!

Interview Questions
    There really isn't a negotiation it's pretty much set on previous experience, I would advise someone to be very motivated and ambitious in front of hiring acquisitions because they watch every move , stay focused.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

I applied online and received an e-mail to take the assessment test. The test tells you if you qualify or not at the end which is great because you have to pass it in order to move further in the hiring process. After that, I received a call from a hiring manager to schedule an interview. The interview was very relaxed, and the questions were pretty basic. They really want you to have a vibrant, bubbly personality and a background in customer service/sales. At the end of the interview, he told me to check my e-mail later that day to fill out my background check form. The background check took about 2 weeks to complete as I had to validate my prior employment history and education, basically doing their work for them. Anyway, while I waited for my background to come back, the manager scheduled a 2nd interview with another store manager. It was more of an informative meeting than an interview, but it was great because I learned a lot about the company and how they operate, very inspirational. Once my BC came back, the original hiring manager called and told me I passed and officially offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. I was happy to accept what they were offering.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

took a while to get a callback, but went rather quickly after that. face to face interview was in different store than applied for. interviewed with assistant manager and store manager. second interview was scheduled via phone call a couple of days later

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, the usual tell us a time when there was a difficult sale to close and how you overcame objections   Answer Question

better offer from other company