T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

86 interviews

2.6

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2013.

It was pretty standard. I submitted my application online, my resume looked good to one of the stores in the area I applied for so the manager called me and asked me in for an interview. I went and did 1 interview, he (later) told me he wanted a second opinion so I interviewed with another manage in a different store. I was then hired. The interview is pretty generic. They of course ask you about your experience in sales (if any) and how would you handle scenario 1, 2, and 3. They'll ask questions that will make you inadvertently reveal yourself (regarding punctuality, work ethics, etc.) so if you're a good worker, you'll be fine. This is just like any other company looking to hire.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult questions are those involving the scenarios. Usually they will consist of "In your past experiences, how did you handle a situation where __________."   View Answer
I did not negotiate. As a retail sales associate, the base pay does not matter much. If you are good at sales, you will make a desirable income with your commission.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

First they screen you with a phone interview. They just ask general questions about past employment and your likes and dislikes. The one on one interview was very easy. Just be yourself and be prepared to answer a bunch of situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • The person before you has more retail experience, Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Received an email asking if I would be alright with an interview at a certain time. I said that I had a prior commitment, but any other time would be alright. Didn't get a response. I emailed back two days later apologizing for not being able to interview at the time that was asked, but offered that I was still interested. I got a response at 10:15 pm with an apology and offering an interview in two days between 10:00 am and 12:30 pm. I said noon was great for me and she said she would see me then. I showed up very early and she wasn't yet there. I sat and waited for nearly an hour, leaving around twenty minutes past noon. I'm not sure if this is the kind of unprofessional environment that the job would entail, but it seems that it would be very possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2013.

I got recommended by a T-Mobile employee. Sent me an email for the recommendation, filled out the application on-line and got called within 2 weeks for an interview. Got interviewed for a second time by an assistant manager. Went through a month long training. The first two weeks of training were at another location via the web. The following two weeks I was trained on the sales floor.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do something you didn't want to do a component of your job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I was asked what my base pay was at my former workplace and they matched it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Applied online, did a few web-based tests (answer it like a Boy Scout or you'll fail - this is not the time for super-frank self-reflection), received a call directly from store manager about a week later. Had a very informal interview with manager and assistant manager. Talked in the back room of the store about local things; concerts, attractions, et al. A little bit about phones and tech, but I got the feeling they wanted to see that you're a people-person with an engaging personality. Don't be a wallflower. Got offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions
    • I had basically zero sales experience, so they asked "Tell me about a time you explained something difficult to someone."   View Answer
    None. 10 bucks an hour plus generous commission. Sure, when do I start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Professional but slow process, store manager was really nice, its all about your aptitude and drove to sell and problem solving ability and ability to adapt to new things, hunger for success

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee  in  Florissant, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.

Called and got an interview from the manager. Followed up with confirming the day and hour of the interview. Once there i waited for the manager to be free so the interview could start. Once started he asked if i had any sales experience and i didn't. I also asked how long should i work at at sales job to come work here and said about six months to a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabethtown, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

I was contacted only two days after putting in my application, and scheduled for an interview quickly. The first interview was with the manager of my store, and the second interview (only a few days later, I had to travel to the next city) was conducted by the district manager. It was a relaxed but professional environment, everyone I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. There are a few online tests you have to pass before you can be hired. They measure honesty and reliability.

Interview Questions
    • "In one word, how would you describe this company?"   View Answer
    I made sure that there were opportunities to move up, to increase pay, and so on before I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pineville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

Was asked a few stupid questions was hired for my looks and harassed constantly do not apply pccnc t mobile carolina place mall !!! Unprofessional and also poor management

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2014.

Spoke with Manager for about five minutes into the greeting process and he answered a phone call during the interview. Was not a work related call. Asked me about why I left Jobs and interview process was over aside from my many questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Whats was the process I've used to find jobs in the Past.   View Answer

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!