T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Applied last month, had an interview with store manager, he was very friendly, didn't last to long, he said I would have a interview with district manager on next week, we will see how that goes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped one of your coworkers with an issue   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I took my resume into the store, and was asked if I could come back a few hours later. I went back, and was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager that same day. Then, I filled out a paper application for their records. A link for an assessment was emailed to me. Two weeks later, I got the call to look out for an email with an offer and background check.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that would be a benefit to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was called in for an interview by a store manager. Apparently all of the managers in the district were conducting a mass hiring event. As I waited about 4 other applicants showed up who also had interviews. I had my first interview with a store manager and once I passed that interview I was interviewed by another manager who then informed me of s background check. I just passed my background check and should be starting soon. Overall it was a painless process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. It is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty thorough. They touched based on a lot of scenario based question so be prepared for that. I had 2 people interview (District Manager and Store Manager) me on the first interview. After that I was told that I would be getting a call from one of them to set up a second interview once they interviewed the rest of the applicants. 4 Days later I received a call and was asked to come in that day (they asked if it was possible, they didn't demand it). The second interview was mainly the same scenario based questions that I answered previously, just from a different person. Walked out with the job.

Make sure your on time (10 minutes early or so). I saw a guy walk in to the interview before mine 2 minutes late and they came out and said " We don't have time for people that show up late". Be respectful, be honest and be yourself!

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell us about yourself?
      2) Describe to me a time where you worked together with someone to achieve a goal.
      3) How would you rate yourself on sales experience?
      4) What was the toughest sale you've experienced and how did it turn out?
      5) Why T-Mobile?
      6) What are your long term goals?
      7) How often are you going to be available to work?

All in all, it wasn't that bad of an interview. The interviewers were nice and we even talked about Hobbies and what we all like to do in our off time.

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Business casual interview with two managers, one of them will be your future boss. If you're positive, upbeat, smile, know about the Un-Carrier moves and ask them to move forward with the interview, you'll get an offer. The job description and what they tell you it will be like in the interview is nothing like it will actually be on the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at T-Mobile   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. One phone interview and 2 face to face. Make sure you stop at a store to introduce yourself as this will increase your chances of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses? How do get passed rejection?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile (Riverside, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a long process because of the hiring freeze, however, it was a good experience. The hiring manager and district manager along with the 3 other store managers were extremely amicable, making the interview enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Recall an time when you worked as a team & how did it work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T-Mobile (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

They had an open day were anyone could come and interview with a resume in hand. I was called inside after waiting around 20 minutes, it was after lunch break was done I was interviewed. He asked me couple of simple questions regarding my education and work history. I was then told I was overqualified being an electrical engineer applying for a retail sales associate position, as well as having no retail experience. Probably the 2nd part was the deal breaker..

Interview Questions

• Retail Experience, Languages I speak, Education, Work History   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process started with contact from a recruiter, I was then brought in for an interview after I got brief interview questions from the recruiter. I was about a 2 week process all together. Recruiter was very nice and helpful. Called to follow up and see how the interview went. The interview was a bit harder than I had expected. A lot of questions that I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to be successful day in and day out.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of three managers, with the lead manager doing most of the talking. Everyone was friendly and fairly relaxed. Asked a bunch of basic questions about why I wanted the position. Asked me what phone service I currently had, and then proceeded to sell me on T-Mobile. Afterwards he asked if I was aware of what he was doing, and to talk about the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell a pen.   1 Answer