T-Mobile

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.7

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Went to a job fair got interviewed by a few t-mobile managers. After the interview stayed in contact with one manager. I was offered a position then put in my 2 weeks at my current job. Later I was asked to have an interview with the district manager. After that interview t-mobile never contacted me again so I was out of a job

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

First you have to beat the assessment test online that takes about an hour. Then you have to take some personality tests that are pretty good at finding out if you are lying about yourself. You may interview with the store manager first and then someone higher up like a district manager, or like me, you will interview with the store manager and district manager altogether.

Interview Questions
    • It was a 20-30 minute interview. Questions like,"Tell me about yourself", "Describe a time when you handled a situation.", "What would you do in this situation?","Would you choose a salary based job or a commission based job?", "Why choose a career with T-mobile?", 'What do you want out of this?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

Applied online and got a call for an interview a few days later. The first interview was at the retail store with the general store manager. It went well, took nearly an hour. Got a call back in less than a week for a second interview which will take place in a week. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in a certain situation that happened to be out of your control?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2015.

I was extremely nervous, stuttered alot, and was kind of repeating my answers . Tried selling speaker as an example I feel like I did great so did the employee I was trying to sell it to.
    I have a question I was Givin a personal card , I hope Its a good sign !

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Applied to many locations. Two tmobile stores I didn't apply to called me in for interview. One was an interview with three guys. They seemed very disinterested and monotone. I was glad when it was over & would not want to work with those people. My next interview was cool. The man was very interested & willing to listen. Our conversation flowed great.

Interview Questions
    • How can your previous experience help you excell in this job?   Answer Question
    Pretty flexible with my college schedule

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Quick phone screen interview asking the basic questions regarding availability, languages spoken, past experience in sales. They will either call back or schedule another interview on a later date with 2 store managers. They will go by an interview guide that the company supplies. Basic situational questions were asked. If they like what you say they will put you through background followed by an offer. Most store managers are lazy are looking for people with previous sales experience in wireless so there is minimal training needed in store.

Interview Questions
    Hourly rate is based on previous experience. They have a recruiter that figures out the range which your offer will be.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

got called for the interview they asked me to tell me about myself, my experience. They asked why do i want to work for tmobile, how much experience do i have with phones, how do i sell phones

Interview Questions
    • what do you need to improve in yourself or have to work on ?   Answer Question
    was hard to take a lower hourly rate then i was making but the commission structure out weighs and makes it more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Apply online then got a call for a interview, went in to an interview turned out they were having a bunch of interviews that day, waited a bit but then interviewed with two managers typical interview questions scenario based.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2015.

Fairly easy, met with store manager for first interview. And District Manager for second. By the questions asked you can tell the company is taking a different approach to sales as other companies do. Don't expect any different questions. All of it is situation based questions. Tell me a time when...

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2015.

...consisted of call from store mgr to schedule interview, second interview was at another location, third interview at first location, background 'investigation'...
    Overall experience was not favorable. Seemed like a cult, not a company you were subjecting yourself to, then again anything corporate is that way now...at least you can wear jeans and a tee at TMUS.