T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

91 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

applied online through monster.com then had to do a online skills test through t-mobile.com, once that was a couple days had one on one phone interview. then finally a face to face group interview.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

Applied online, two weeks later got a call to set up an in-store interview with store manager a few days later. Interview went well, very relaxed atmosphere. Store manager was impressed and wanted to hire me pending interview with District Manager. A week later had phone interview with DM that lasted about 30 mins and consisted of basic questions about experience and situations. Two days later got a call from store manager with offer. Scheduling to start training in two weeks.

Make sure you seems excited about the position and have several questions prepared to ask at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you think you will handle rejection? Sales? Quotas?
        Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

Saw an job opportunity listing on Career Builder and applied for a hiring event they had going on. It was a basic application process, personal info, followed by a retail assessment test. I was reached out to about a week from the date i applied. Interview was very relaxed. I interviewed with two managers, one of whom hired me for her store. Asked usual questions; "why should we hire you?" "Why T-mobile?" "What makes you a good fit?"and a few questions about standard retail situations and how I handled them.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I was asked was where I get my phone news from   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

I was called for an interview the day after I applied for the position. My first interview was casual; sat at a table with the store manager and went over my resume/work experience and answered questions that began with "Tell me about a time that you...." or "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" Just basic interview questions like that. The second interview was even more casual and laid back. He asked me more questions having to do with sales. I didn't have to pretend to sell him anything (like role playing), but I did have to explain to him HOW I would sell something in an effective way. It was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you applied something new you had learned on the job   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I gladly accepted $9 an hour and very generous commission!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

UN-flexible.

The best way to describe the interview process for a corporate store in my area is inflexible. After making it to the second interview process, I was unable to get a decent time for the interview when talking with the store manager. They were extremely difficult on the phone and just pointed the finger at me saying it is my fault I cannot meet the one time they gave me and would not allow me to reschedule because the district manager is "a very busy person."

Even after being ridiculed, I was unable to get the contact information for this person and even called another store to ask if they know the contact for this manager. I later find out that the associate I talked to complained that I "kept them on the phone for 20 minutes."

I am optimistic about T-Mobile and would still like to reschedule, but this in-store experience is horrendous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem for a customer.   Answer Question

Unable to meet the ONE (1) time and date for the second interview process.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2013.

It was pretty standard. I submitted my application online, my resume looked good to one of the stores in the area I applied for so the manager called me and asked me in for an interview. I went and did 1 interview, he (later) told me he wanted a second opinion so I interviewed with another manage in a different store. I was then hired. The interview is pretty generic. They of course ask you about your experience in sales (if any) and how would you handle scenario 1, 2, and 3. They'll ask questions that will make you inadvertently reveal yourself (regarding punctuality, work ethics, etc.) so if you're a good worker, you'll be fine. This is just like any other company looking to hire.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are those involving the scenarios. Usually they will consist of "In your past experiences, how did you handle a situation where __________."   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. As a retail sales associate, the base pay does not matter much. If you are good at sales, you will make a desirable income with your commission.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

First they screen you with a phone interview. They just ask general questions about past employment and your likes and dislikes. The one on one interview was very easy. Just be yourself and be prepared to answer a bunch of situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • The person before you has more retail experience, Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Received an email asking if I would be alright with an interview at a certain time. I said that I had a prior commitment, but any other time would be alright. Didn't get a response. I emailed back two days later apologizing for not being able to interview at the time that was asked, but offered that I was still interested. I got a response at 10:15 pm with an apology and offering an interview in two days between 10:00 am and 12:30 pm. I said noon was great for me and she said she would see me then. I showed up very early and she wasn't yet there. I sat and waited for nearly an hour, leaving around twenty minutes past noon. I'm not sure if this is the kind of unprofessional environment that the job would entail, but it seems that it would be very possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2013.

I got recommended by a T-Mobile employee. Sent me an email for the recommendation, filled out the application on-line and got called within 2 weeks for an interview. Got interviewed for a second time by an assistant manager. Went through a month long training. The first two weeks of training were at another location via the web. The following two weeks I was trained on the sales floor.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do something you didn't want to do a component of your job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I was asked what my base pay was at my former workplace and they matched it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Applied online, did a few web-based tests (answer it like a Boy Scout or you'll fail - this is not the time for super-frank self-reflection), received a call directly from store manager about a week later. Had a very informal interview with manager and assistant manager. Talked in the back room of the store about local things; concerts, attractions, et al. A little bit about phones and tech, but I got the feeling they wanted to see that you're a people-person with an engaging personality. Don't be a wallflower. Got offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions
    • I had basically zero sales experience, so they asked "Tell me about a time you explained something difficult to someone."   View Answer
    None. 10 bucks an hour plus generous commission. Sure, when do I start.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!